Ratings for Dr. Gregory S. Harmon

Very good doctor. I recommend him to my family for their colonoscopy test.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

He was kind and helped my husband with his colon cancer. We got the diagnosis fast and he made sure we saw the cancer doctor right away. Always calls back right away. I recommend him to my friends!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Arrogant and creepy.. He put down other doctors and was really a male chauvinist.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Doctor Harmon was the kindest best doctor. I don't have the best insurance so a lot of doctors are not nice to me. NOT doctor harmon! He spend a lot of time with me. Even though I was not referred for my stomach, he asked me if I was having abdominal pain and ordered an upper endoscopy check up. This showed up with cancer in my stomach. He saved my life because I just had surgery. Now I m cured. Thanks for listening to me and caring to ask about my symptoms, doctor Harmon. I really appreciate your compassion and all the calls you made to me. You are a wonderful human being.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

I found Dr. Harmon to be inexperienced, arrogant and ageist. He claimed to specialize in difficult to diagnose gastrointestinal problems but he fell woefully short. When I rattled off my symptoms he remarked, “Well, what do you expect? You’re over 60.” As if to suggest that no one over 60 should have any expectation of good health. He also implied that my problem might not be physical but simply stress related or emotional. I presented symptoms that included pain coming from the lower right quadrant of my abdomen, in the area of my gallbladder. He ordered a number of tests all of which came back normal. He refused to order an abdominal ultrasound, saying that my blood work was too good to indicate gallstones. He made no diagnosis but when I called to say my symptoms persisted he didn’t seem to want to investigate further. Eventually another doctor diagnosed me with “gallbladder dysmotility,” requiring that I have surgery. That doctor ordered not only an abdominal ultrasound, which did come back normal, but she followed it up with a gallbladder function test, called a HIDA scan, indicating that despite the fact I had no gallstones, my gallbladder no longer functioned. Later, I learned this problem is common in women affecting over 20% of those who complain of gallbladder pain. Why was Dr. Harmon unaware of these facts? Ironically this illness usually affects younger adults in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s. I wonder if I had been younger if Dr. Harmon would have been more interested in making a diagnosis. I don’t think Dr. Harmon is a good physician. His inexperience combined with his arrogance prevented him from following an obvious line of inquiry. He seems to have no medical or intellectual curiosity. He also lacks empathy.

Submitted September 3, 2015

The scheduler screwed up my appointment to get my colonoscopy. Imagine they gave me the prescription, drank that stuff, did not eat, went to the bathroom countless times. The following morning, I showed up at the surgery center and they told me that my name was not on the list. The scheduler at Dr. Harmon's office sent me to a place that does NOT have a contract with a PPO insurance. Really? I find this out after I did all this stuff to my body? She scheduled me 1.5 months ago. Did not try to actually get a hold of me when we all have cell phones! Don't come here. The staff don't know what they're doing. It's horrible. The Knowledge is N/A because I DID NOT GET MY PROCEDURE DONE!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Great doctor. He found 6 polyps and keep me from getting colon cancer.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

Very nice. I like him very much. He is compassionate. I had 2 colonoscopies by him.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Dr. Harmon was the third GI I saw about my condition since the first two could not diagnose my problem. Dr. Harmon kept sending me for test after test (blood panel, stool testing, gastric emptying study, MRCP, colonoscopy). $5000 out-of-pocket later and still no diagnosis, so I went online and figured out what was wrong with me: Functional Dyspepsia. I thought I had some extremely rare condition that was nearly impossible to diagnose. It turns out Functional Dyspepsia affects up to 40 percent of adults per year. I am now taking Iberogast (over-the-counter, $30 for a month's supply) which is the only thing that reduces the symptoms- I wish I had found this online sooner. Dr. Harmon caused me to lose a tremendous amount of money for unnecessary testing ($5000), was inattentive (he actually showed up to perform my colonoscopy and while I was lying on a bed in a hospital gown and an IV in my arm, asked me, "What procedure are we doing today?"), and his staff would not return calls.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

This doctor was never at the Naval Hospital. They must be reviewing another doctor or someone was confused on who they were reviewing.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Dr. Gregory S. Harmon's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1999)

Amerigroup