Ratings for Dr. Sharon S. Packer

You don't cure someone of alcoholism this sounds like a fake review either that or she convinced you she cured you of alcoholism which is impossible so that would mean she is a bad doctor. Dr. Packer is a terrible 'doctor' she is a pill pusher that's all. Avoid her.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Packer is great! She cured me of alcoholism. I've been seeing her for six months and I couldn't be happier. Don't expect a touchy feely therapist - she's a medical doctor and she's going to quickly get to the bottom of your medical problems and fix you with pharmaceutical medications. She's got an old-school New York office, and she's a wonderful lady. Take advantage of her years of expertise and get yourself cured.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I found Dr. Packer to be very helpful - I am not sure what some of these other comments refer to , but I would recommend her to anyone who tskes their medical treatment seriously.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

She 'treated' a family member for years until we realized that he was being over medicated... He lost his energy, slept for hours every day and because of his inability to stay awake and be motivated, he lost his job. When we finally confronted her she suggested a neurologist, indicating that he might have brain damage. His new psychiatrist immediately reduced the amounts of medication, and he was shocked she had suggested a neurologist. Soon after this he regained his energy and stopped sleeping so much. This woman behaved in a very unprofessional manner. She called the neurologist and discussed my relative with the doctor without my relative's permission. At the end she took to calling his home, texting and emailing him as she had not done ever before, and insisting that he see not just any neurologist, but the one she had demanded he visit. You should be aware that she is compensated by pharmaceutical companies, check this and every doctor you visit on the government website which reveals the names of doctors who take compensation from drug companies: http://www.cms.gov/openpayments/

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

Incredibly rude and hard to interact with. I've never met such an unpleasant person. She never gave any insight or said anything remotely helpful. Quack.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I wished I had looked at these reviews before booking my appointment with Dr. Packer. I was sealing treatment for anxiety. Like other commenters have said, she was dismissive of my goals for treatment, and tried to push medication on me right away. I've been using an acupuncturist to help with some physical problems and stress, and she openly scoffed at the idea. I was 10 minutes late to my next appointment after being held up at work, but since my previous appointment started so late I did not think it would be an issue. When I arrived, I was told there was no time, and sorry, too bad. I was scolded for making her wait, and told to leave, because she had to go to a meeting. I understand doctors' time is valuable, and I was late, but if my appt. was at 1:30 and her meeting was at 1:45 eslwhere, was I about to pay a copay for a 2 minute session? I was scolded and berated in front of another patient. Never going back. An awful experience all around.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Like most people have said on here, Packer is rude and unprofessional. She spends 15 minutes or less with her patients. She is routinely late, of up to 15 minutes because she runs a drug-mill, and doesn't have enough time to see each patient. She does not really know whats going on with her patients. She fixates on buzzwords from your personal life and reiterates them each time you see her, instead of actually knowing you as a patient. She prescribed a medication for me, for its off-label use, and I always wondered if it was okay to use. I don't trust her, and am glad that I am no longer seeing her. Her prescription refill policies are absurd - she will not call in refills and will charge you to have your pharmacy call her for a refill. All she cares about is money. PS I suspect many of the positive reviews of here on here are phony. I'm sure she trolls these websites to try to protect her reputation.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Dr. Packer is thorough and fully knowledgeable about medicine and psychiatry and helped me avoid unnecessary new medications. She was much more thorough than my first psychiatirst. She had me fill out an extensive intake form that included info about other types of doctors, medications (even herbals that i use), nutrition, and so on. She asked me about one medication in particular, and asked if I had a prescripiton for a vitamin that it interferred with. She suspected that my depression got worse because I was missing that vitamin, and so she added the vitamin and continued the other mediciaton. She made it seem like such an easy thing to figure out. What I can't figure out is why no one else figured it out before. By the way, I'm doing fine now with my old medication and new vitamin.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

For what looked like a professional albeit older building in Soho, I was shocked to walk into Dr. Packer's office for the my first appt and find such a crummy unprofessional display. As if the waiting area, complete with crappy outdoor furniture, wasn't bad enough, i was greeted by a 3 inch smushed cockroach on the floor in her main office. Um, why the hell wouldn't you clean that up? Disgusting. Dr. Packer asked me to elaborate on my symptoms, which I promptly rattled off in detail. She immediately asked me if I was religious. I thought that was an odd question, but I told her I was raised Catholic, but non practicing. She said, "Yes, I'm not surprised. It sounds like you were reciting a confessional." Thanks, ****...I thought you really cared about my symptoms so you could help me. To make matters worse, she prescribed me Lexapro but then refused to authorize it so that I could be covered by insurance.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Dr. Sharon S. Packer's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1974)

Delta Dental