Ratings for Dr. Timothy S. O'Brien

Dr O'Bbien has obviously forgotten what it means to help his patients and since he does more harm than help he should be stripped of his title of Dr. He only uses the title to make money from the insurance companies that have bought him out. I was forced by my work comp insurance to go see him after the 1st Dr they sent me to gave a high impairment rating. They were going to have to pay $$ to close this. Instead of doing what's best for the patient they sent me to their henchman. Dr O'Brien said that ALL the other doctors that treated me had no idea what was really wrong with me and that I had a pre-existing condition the other Doctors including the other ortho surgeons didn't take into consideration (hello). He also said the specialist couldn't possibly properly diagnose my problem because I wasn't seen by the ortho Dr until I was in pain for 3-4 months but somehow the all knowing, all seeing Dr O'Brien knew exactly what was wrong after a 30 min visit a year after everyone else treated me. This idiot gave a 0 impairment rating after 2 other doctors gave a 20% I should have read these reviews before I went to see him, I would have fought it. I ended up getting a lawyer to fight this all because Dr O'Brien twisted the facts to benefit the insurance company so they'll continue to send him more business (money) than true reputable doctors. DON'T GO SEE HIM W/O A FIGHT... GET A LAWYER!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I was forced to see this doctor by my company's workers' compensation insurance company for an "independent" medical evaluation. They wanted a third opinion on my case. I offered to see any one of over 80 orthopedic specialists at a major university hospital in my city for a third, truly independent evaluation. The insurance company refused and insisted that Dr. O'Brien was the only doctor I could see. He was hired by the insurance company through a company that provides doctors to insurance companies for IMEs and is paid by the insurance company. They actually fly him in one day a month to see "clients" (their words). At the appointment, Dr. O'Brien fully agreed with the company recommended doctors who had been treating me. The report he submitted to the insurance company (who was indirectly paying him) made completely opposite claims. Dr. O'Brien falsified his report by omitting key facts that I had reported to him and that were in my medical records that he was evaluating. He gave an evaluation of my MRI even though he admitted, in writing, that he never saw the MRI. How does a doctor evaluate an MRI without actually seeing the images? Dr. O'Brien claimed that I was fully healed within a week of first seeing a company recommended doctor for my work injury. He ignored the fact that the MRI done on me five months after my injury showed a bulging disc in my lower back. Dr. O'Brien chose to ignore my written request for an explanation of the errors and omissions in his report. Interestingly, less than two weeks after I wrote to Dr. O'Brien and filed a complaint with the state medical board, the insurance company caved in. They suddenly and without explanation paid my workers' compensation payments that had been denied. They hired an attorney who agreed to pay my medical bills in full. My case never had to go to a hearing. My state's medical board investigated my complaint and ultimately issued an Administrative Warning to Dr. O'Brien.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

I snapped my foot in half a few years back (2002ish) and Dr. O'Brien was the emergency surgeon on call. My left foot was completely folded over across all metatarsals. Dr. O'Brien did an incredible job reconstructing the foot from what was a total mess. It took 6 screws and 2 pins and a follow-up surgery to remove the hardware after the swelling went down, but to this day I have no problems with my foot... even feels stronger than my other foot! I'm incredibly active on it and run regularly without a notice or care of what that foot went through. Great job Dr. O'Brien! I also found him personable and explained things well. His office (at the time) was quick and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Been to countess Ortho Dr.s, Dr. O'Brien is the top doctor for ankle/foot. Recommended brace, no surgery. Doing very well, despite bad Xrays. Dr. O'Brien has made it possible for me to continue walking, work beyond 8 years, that other doctors in other cities said was not possible. I walk around the city with hiking poles, also. use the paraffin bath, for pain relief. No pain pills. Thank you, Dr. O'Brien.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Mr O'Brien,it is my hope you have the opportunity to read this ~Thank you for your(my opinon)UNETHICAL evaluation of my WORK injury. I can now bask in the glory of a TON of medical bills with no way to pay them & I STILL NEED SURGERY. My hope for you is that you also at some point in your life, get to experience such bliss.It is my guess that the insurance company must pay you VERY well to ignore the Hippocratic oath/declaration you took(or maybe you didn't?)when you received such an honorable degree as a DOCTOR.It truly saddens me to think what a disservice your job(working for insurance co.)is to the workers of this country. MY ADVICE TO ANYONE ELSE READING THIS REVIEW~IF YOU GET SENT TO THIS MAN FOR AN IME, stop everything you are doing and GET. A. LAWYER. FIRST!!!! DO NOT BE NAIVE! Just because he is nice & smiles at you, means NOTHING...BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

O'Brien works as an insurance company hit man too. He is flown into other states to deliberately lie for insurance companies for pay. Dr. O'Brien lied about my workcomp injury and I was fired/denied workcomp because of him. 19 months after my injury I will get a workcomp hearing. Dr O'Brien's lies have ruined my life. I did have back fusion surgery with Titanium hardware/screws. I am totally disabled now. If Dr. O'Brien would not be a paid jet jumping liar I would have been able to get injections as an option to back fusion and would not have been fired based lies. I have several good DR's and attorneys disputing his lies. I am confident I will prevail. The fact that O'Brien seems to be able to provide good care in Colorado makes this all the more tragic. I hope anyone reading this will not use a DR. that is a paid Liar. He thinks he can jump on a jet for cash/mini vacation, lie and it will not affect his local practice? Thanks to the Internet the world is getting smaller every day.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

There is the same naem Dr that operates out of GreenBay, wi that I was sent to by Workmans Comp. After 3 Dr's said it was 2 tears in my shoulder and was work related I was then sent to this Dr. and he states that it is NOt work related and has nothing to do with work. It's a shame that comp can fork out money to pay these Dr's to find it not related to work instead of putting the money where it really belongs...to the injured person.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

Saw Dr. O'Brien 12/11 as a 2nd opinion 1 yr post ankle surgery w/another doc.My 1st appt was fantastic, as was a 2nd appt 4/12 -he diagnosed scar tissue tears.He explained the complexity of my surgery in a way that my surgeon never did. In Sept I experienced severe pain in the ankle.Could not walk or stand on it. Took 2 wks to get appt, & we did an MRI. he said nothing in the MRI would lead him to do surgery.No explanation on findings at all. He criticized the author of the report. Prescribed 2 wks of non-weight bearing, then PT.Could not explain cause of pain,even though the report discussed scar tissue, chronic tears,& other tendon issues. Criticized my surgeon,yet said he did a good job on my surgery.What to believe? Suggested repeatedly that I see another doctor.I returned 2 wks later.Again he discussed sending me to another doc. At 1st, I thought he was being honest.I'm just baffled - as soon as surgery was dismissed, seemed he just wanted us to leave. Very strange.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

Dr. Timothy S. O'Brien's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1986)