Dr. Raymond Stein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Raymond Stein

For everyone there having to wear corrective glasses since starting to take the first steps and throughout most of our lives, there is real hope and the name of it is Dr. Raymond Stein! I have not enough words to describe the feeling of freedom and relief not to have to reach for my glasses first thing when I wake up in the morning or to be able to do anything I want to without being worried that I will break my glasses. Thank you Dr. Stein and the whole team for the care and support, for the patience and kindness during the surgery and the follow-ups; you make all the anxiety and stress go away and replace them with a feel good and safe feeling!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Dr. Raymond Stein is a world-class surgeon and he works with a world-class team at Bochner Eye Institute. I have worn corrective lenses since I was 6 years old but recently had laser cataract surgery at the age of 48. I was very nervous but thanks to his team of professional staff and being an excellent surgeon, they have given me 20/20 vision and changed my life. This is not an understatement. I highly recommend Dr. Raymond Stein and his team.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Dr. Stein makes it seem effortless. The very busy clinic runs like clockwork. Easy recovery. The end result is wonderful. I have never had 20/20 vision. Now I do! My thanks to Dr. Stein.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Great experience. Eyes are amazing. Fast recovery. Miracle of science!!! Thank you Dr. Stein!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

Dr. Stein is one of the best Ophthalmologists, if not the best! Dr. Stein and his entire staff are highly knowledgeable and provide excellent quality of care to their patients. I live in NYC, but I was recommended by many peers to go to Dr. Stein for my lasik procedure, so I did in 2011 and it was life changing! The procedure was quick, seamless, and comfortable and the recovery and results were exactly what I expected...20/20!! Now 7yrs later, I noticed a small regression in my vision so I travelled back to Toronto to see Dr. Stein for a refinement procedure, and I'm glad I did! Dr. Stein and his team continue to deliver amazing results and excellent service and they truly take care of their patients. I highly recommend them to everyone considering lasik/prk, you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

I am a middle-aged lawyer who has suffered from severe myopia my whole life i.e. I was blind as a bat without glasses. I went to Bochner and Dr. Stein for the refractive lens replacement surgery. Biggest decision of my life, and it was a life changer. I can now see both near and far with excellent vision. No need for glasses. Thank you so much, Dr. Stein and Bochner!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Excellent experience! I work in the optometric field and my father is an optometrist, and when I decided that I was going to pursue laser correction surgery Dr. Stein and The Bochner Eye Institute were the only doctor and place I even considered having it done. Dr. Stein and his staff made the entire experience a very positive one, and one that I would recommend to anyone considering eye surgery. The staff and Dr. Stein were all kind, considerate and helped ease my considerable anxiety through the entire process. My eyesight has never been better! Through my work I have also heard only wonderful things from patients who have had any number of procedures done by Dr. Stein, he is highly recommended by both doctors and patients alike.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with this doctor- he was professional, prompt and my surgery was flawless!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I had laser cataract surgery done on both eyes a short time ago. Dr. Stein has successfully performed thousands of this procedure so I knew I was in the best possible hands professionally. He and his staff are kind, calm and reassuring, never forgetting that what is routine to them is huge to the patient. I believe that Dr. Stein performs modern day miracles. My sight is better than it has been in over 50 years and I am thrilled with the result.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Fantastic laser-eye-surgery experience from beginning to end. Dr. Stein and his entire staff walk you through everything in a way that is calming and reassuring. Extremely professional, worth every penny. Great results; could not be happier.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

Dr. Raymond Stein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Raymond Stein is medical director of the Bochner Eye Institute, Cornea Consultant at Mount Sinai Hospital, and Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto. He received his medical degree from the University of Toronto, completed an ophthalmology residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and then was selected for a cornea fellowship at the Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is considered an international expert and pioneer in the fields of refractive and cataract surgery.

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)

• Honour Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology