Dr. Raymond Stein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Raymond Stein

I chose Dr Raymond Stein to performed my PRK procedure based on referral from my optometrist, as being the most experienced and the pioneer of refractive surgery. I am now one year out from my PRK and my eyesight is 20/20. I would trust Dr Stein for any and all of my follow up procedures (e.g. when it's time for reading glasses). As an aside, the front desk staff was not so great as they mixed up one of my follow-up appointments and ended up making me wait 1.5 hours on one occasion, I was not a happy camper.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

I recently had refractive lens replacement surgery performed by Dr. Stein. I am now one month out and have no need for glasses at all. The procedure itself was superlative. I had both eyes operated with no sedation and felt comfortable throughout the surgeries. Most remarkably, 18 hours after my second procedure, I was able to perform surgery with no need for glasses. Dr. Stein is a warm and caring professional in whom I had absolute confidence from my first examination throughout the surgical procedures. The staff are wonderful and the institute functions efficiently considering the size of the case load. I would strongly recommend Dr. Stein and the Bochner Eye Institute to anyone considering ophthalmic surgery. Outstanding results.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

I am 3 weeks out from RLE. Apart from a delay between the initial consultation to the actual surgery date, I have absolutely no complaints. Dr Stein has an impeccable reputation and his services are much sought after,. Which in retrospect, is understandable and not unreasonable.... Having made the decision to proceed, I was just inpatient. The staff are professional and the entire place runs with an impressive efficiency that does not compromise care or kindness. Dr Stein is absolutely lovely. He is reassuring, personable and a brilliant surgeon. I am very happy with the results thus far and have no doubt that Dr Stein will ensure a most perfect outcome in the end. Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

Just finished my 2nd, and hopefully last visit to Bochner Dec. 14th, 2017. My first visit was for Distance Vision where Dr. Stein performed Laser on both eyes. I haven't needed glasses for distance since. However, just turning 60, I needed Reading Glasses and help with the Navvy in my Car, so I consulted with Dr. Stein. He suggested another procedure that would eliminate the need for Glasses for good! SOLD! Dr. Stein - warm, friendly, professional and calming as usual, performed my cataract surgery and implanted tri-lenses. No Pain. No discomfort. Staff Outstanding! Institute immaculate! 5+Stars! Thank You to you and Your Staff Dr. Stein! Best Regards & Happy Holidays, Veronica Key Toronto Real Estate Broker

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr. Stein completed my laser vision correction years ago and has since operated on cataracts in both of my eyes. I have complete trust in Dr. Stein and am always impressed by the level of service and care he delivers. Bochner uses the latest technology and Dr. Stein is always at the cutting edge of advances in Opthalmology while maintaining in his practice the good traditional values of personalized service, honesty and dependability. I recommend Dr. Stein and Bochner Eye Institute highly.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

Outstanding experience throughout entire process. Was interested in latest technology in IOL's but after extensive discussion and advice I settled on a lesser option which proved to be the perfect outcome. Although Dr Stein and his staff practise with cutting edge technology but they still take time to advise what is best for each individual patient. I am absolutely delighted with my end result. You could not be in better hands.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Great experience - very knowledgeable - took the time to explain

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I had eye surgery done for my cataracts. I was apprehensive about having eye surgery but Dr. Stein and his staff made the experience extremely easy and I could not be happier with there results.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

The best money I have ever spent and the best decision I ever made. My only regret was that I didn't get Lasik sooner. My eyes were terribly near sighted and I also had an astigmatism. 1 year after the procedure I became 20/20 with side affects. From start to finish the staff at Bochner and Dr. Raymond Stein were incredibly gracious and professional. Needless to say, I cannot be more pleased with the results and I would recommend Bochner to any candidates who wish to never had to put on a pair of glasses again. Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

The Bochner team is comprised of outstanding, caring professionals. Dr. Stein performed a Refractive Lens Exchange on my right eye in the Spring of 2017. He is the ultimate professional, and a kind, caring individual. I felt completely confident in his ability, and could not be more pleased with the results. I would not hesitate to recommend the Bochner Institute and Dr. Stein.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Dr. Raymond Stein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Raymond Stein is medical director of the Bochner Eye Institute, Cornea Consultant at Mount Sinai Hospital, and Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto. He received his medical degree from the University of Toronto, completed an ophthalmology residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and then was selected for a cornea fellowship at the Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is considered an international expert and pioneer in the fields of refractive and cataract surgery.

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)

• Honour Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology