Ratings for Dr. Raymond Stein

Such a calming yet informative presence. Wonderful experience!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2019

I feel as if Dr. Raymond Stein has given me a new lease on life. Three weeks ago, on a Tuesday and a Thursday, he replaced my problem lenses with multifocal lenses. The result has been outstanding. I now have 20/20 vision. I can read tiny print, I can see things very clearly at a distance, and he tells me I will never need glasses again. The particular type of lens that I now have is a new development, and has only been in use for a few months in Canada [and received FDA approval in the US a few weeks ago]. This make reportedly overcame some problems with multifocal lenses, and I'm certainly glad to benefit. The whole experience was great at the Bochner Eye Institute. Staff were thorough and efficient, but always had time to answer my questions. I felt that all the equipment and procedures were state-of-the-art. The actual lens replacement procedure only took about 15 minutes, and I was surprised that there was absolutely no discomfort. I cannot begin to explain how much it means to me to have 20/20 vision, and no glasses. Beforehand I did my research, and give Dr. Stein my strongest recommendation. PLD

flag | Submitted September 29, 2019

I had my laser eye procedure done my Dr. Stein and his team 3 weeks ago at Bochner Eye Institute and it was a fantastic experience. I read lots of reviews on bochner and Dr. Stein and the reviews were accurate. He is an amazing Doctor. His only goal is to have a flawless procedure and make his patients happy! Mission accomplished Dr. Stein. Thank you for giving me the gift of sight.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

I just had my Refractive Lens Exchange performed by Dr Stein. Life changing! He and his staff are like a well oiled machine - on time and precise. I would not hesitate to recommend him and his staff to anyone looking to get this procedure done. Thanks Dr. Stein!! SW

flag | Submitted September 13, 2019

I am a doctor and surgeon myself and would not have trusted anyone other than Dr. Stein to perform my laser corrective eye surgery. After wearing glasses and contact lenses for 20 years, I am finally able to see clearly and without hassle. The investment was absolutely worth it and I recommend him and the procedure to everyone I can. I cannot emphasize how much this has impracted my life - from waking up without having to reach for my glasses to get to the bathroom or even being able to stay over at a friend's house on a whim because I no longer need to worry about having my glasses, contacts or solution on me, it's been fantastic. I had excellent contacts and no matter what my eyes would get sore, red, and irritated with working such long hours. Now I can see clearly, my eyes aren't constantly red, and I am finally free! I wish I had done this 10 years ago, but I am so thankful for Dr. Stein and the wonderful staff at the Bochner Eye institute for such an incredible experience.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2019

Recommend completely. I went from a minus 6 prescription, and reading glasses, and cataracts.....to no corrective lenses.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2019

I did Refractive Lens Exchange at Bochner Eye Institute couple of weeks ago. I really value the professionalism of Dr. Stein and his staff. They made the whole surgical procedure less painful and trouble free. The clinic is very clean and well equipped for the surgeries that are performed there. I'm still in recovery stage but my vision is getting better and better. Thank you Dr. Stein!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2019

30 years with glasses and contacts. After 20 minutes with Dr. Stein, Left with 20/15 vision. Lasik procedure. Very few side effects (all the standard ones - dry eyes and a bit of discomfort) that cleared up within a week. Great team at Bochner Eye Institute. Thank you so much Dr. Stein!!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2019

I recently had multifocal laser cataract surgery at the Bochner Eye Institute ant the results are amazing. I would highly recommend Dr. R. Sten. Every part of the process was done very professionally, from my exam with Dr, Vanessa Parasram, to the careful and informative consultation with Lynn Maund, to the staff for making me feel so comfortable before the surgery and of course the surgery .It is a miracle to be able to see all vision distance, computer and even reading my phone is quite good. I look at my clock across the room at night and i keep reminding myself I don't need to reach for my glasses anymore. I am so glad I was able to have my surgery at the Bochner with Dr. Raymond Stein.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2019

Great experience at Bochner in Yorkville! I was walked through the whole procedure (Lasik) as it happened, nothing was a surprise. I was comfortable and was provided everything I needed post surgery. It's been over a week and my eyesight is 20/20 and still improving. Having worn glasses and contacts for over 30 years, this is an amazing change. Very happy!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2019

Dr. Raymond Stein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Raymond Stein is medical director of the Bochner Eye Institute, Cornea Consultant at Mount Sinai Hospital, and Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto. He received his medical degree from the University of Toronto, completed an ophthalmology residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and then was selected for a cornea fellowship at the Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is considered an international expert and pioneer in the fields of refractive and cataract surgery.

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)

• Honour Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology