Ratings for Dr. Raymond Stein

I spent almost one year visiting and researching various eye clinics in the Toronto area that specialize in the Refractive Lens Exchange procedure. I wanted to fully understand the procedure, the results that I could expect and any possible complications. This meant asking questions... lots of questions. Dr. Stein and his staff (Bonnie in particular) were very patient and professional in answering my many questions. I had the Refractive Lens Exchange procedure performed at Bochner Eye Institute by Dr. Raymond Stein in mid June and I could not be more pleased with the results! My distance vision is 20/20 in both eyes and I am able to clearly read even the tiniest of print. I very highly recommend Dr. Stein and the Bochner Eye Institute.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I recently had cataracts removed from both eyes & lenses inserted. I am very pleased with the overall experience at the Institute. Dr. Stein was very pleasant, thorough & professional & I am delighted with the end result. His support staff worked as a very efficient team. I would highly recommend Dr. Stein & the Bochner Eye Institute to anyone. I.J. Walsh

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I recently had refractive lens exchange performed by Dr. Raymond Stein. The staff at the Bochner Institute were caring and very efficient. I have been enjoying life without glasses thanks to Dr. Stein and his staff. I can't thank Dr. Stein enough for making this possible. Bochner Institute was my first choice as all 3 of my children had LASIK surgery done by Dr. Stein with fabulous results. Dr. Stein is extremely skilled, amazing and the best. I highly recommend him and the Bochner Institute 100%. Sincerely your Victoria Lee

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Huge thanks to Dr Stein and his fabulous staff at the Bochner Eye Institute! I had LASIK eye surgery on both eyes and am so amazed by the results. Dr Stein is the most calm and patient surgeon - I could not have felt more comfortable under his care. His staff were all so helpful and friendly as well from the initial consultation to my follow up appointments after surgery. There was no discomfort whatsoever and the entire process was so quick and easy. It is amazing what you all do! I can't wait to jump in the lake this summer and not worry about my contacts getting lost. Thanks again to Dr Stein and everyone at Bochner! You'll be seeing my husband soon.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

I can't say enough about Dr. Stein at Bochner Eye. He and everyone in his office were so kind, and proffesional. I just had LASIK surgery in early May, 2017. Though I was nervous, I knew I was in the right place. I have 20/20 vision, so much more than I expected. We were correcting my distance, though before, I couldn't read a thing, and even needed glasses to watch tv. Now I can read and see distance. I was so used to glasses, I had a teary moment when I could read without them! I was grabbing everything, like receipts, copy on pill bottles, just exstatic with what I could do! Thank you so much, for treating me with care, and genuinely happy for me, at the follow up. Proffesional, and kind., and an expert in his field. What more could you ask for?

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Recently I had refractive end replacement performed by Dr. Ray Stein. It was an amazing experience. His genuine manner and consideration of questions leading up to the surgery was very calming and ensuring. His all business attitude in the operating room was impressive. The staff at the Bochner Eye Institute were outstanding and the organization and efficiency of the service impressive. I would highly recommend Dr. Ray Stein and Bochner and only wish I had done this sooner. To hear him tell me my vision is now 20/20 was a life changer. This entire process was easier than getting a tooth filled. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Excellent cataract surgeon. Well worth the waiting room congestion and poor booking times. Waited on average 2 hours later than scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I had lens exchange surgery. The facility staff was caring and excellent. Dr. Stein has an excellent bedside manner. He answered all of my questions and I have been extremely pleased with my results .

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Had an amazing experience with The Bochner Eye Institute and Dr. Raymond Stein! The surgery was quick and efficient. The recovery was also fast as I experienced very minimal discomfort. I had 20/20 vision the next morning and have maintained it. All of my follow up appointments were also punctual and quick. I was quite nervous about the procedure however the staff at Bochner were very personable and knowledgeable which put my nerves at ease. Overall I was quite impressed with the experience and would highly recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

It has been just over 10 years now that I had my eye surgery at The Bochner Eye Institute, performed by Dr. Raymond Stein. Due to the high degree of myopia I had (almost -10) I had a procedure called EPI-LASIK done. The entire procedure from consultation to surgery to after care follow up has been impressive. But most impressive is the fact I still have 20/20 vision in both eyes after 10 years! Dr Stein and his team made me very comfortable during the surgery and with excellent post surgery follow up. I just had my yearly check up and am very satisfied and grateful with my result. When one has had many years of myopia requiring strong lenses be it glasses or contacts, just to be able to see on a regular basis without them is wonderufl! I highly recommend the Bochner Eye Institute and particularly Dr Raymond Stein for his caring and professional work to help anyone see clearly without the aid of glasses or contact lenses! Sincerely, Ralph Hoffmann

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Raymond Stein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Raymond Stein is medical director of the Bochner Eye Institute, Cornea Consultant at Mount Sinai Hospital, and Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto. He received his medical degree from the University of Toronto, completed an ophthalmology residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and then was selected for a cornea fellowship at the Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is considered an international expert and pioneer in the fields of refractive and cataract surgery.

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)

• Honour Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology