Ratings for Dr. Elke Jost-Vu

Dr. Jost-Vu is great but I would have shut my mouth up a long time ago about increasing my thyroid medication if Dr. Jost-Vu would have told me that thyroxine turns the osteoblasts in the bones for the bones to be replaced by new bones and too much thyroxine causes the osteoblasts to turn too quickly causing bone loss due to the body not being able to replace the bones fast enough. I had to find this out on my own. I have severe depression and I have tried to kill myself by trying to stab myself, trying to overdose, injecting air into my veins, and dropping a toaster in the bathtub. So when I say I need more energy it's not because I'm a punk little boy looking for drugs it's because I'm a patient in need of help. Her nurse Maria and all her staff are outstanding!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr. Jost-Vu is a very good doctor. She cares and she knows the truth about testosterone levels which many doctors are ignorant about. When she talks to you she looks like she geniunly cares about you. I just wish she would have told me that too much thyroid hormone turns the osteoblasts too fast and therefore does not allow the body to replace the bones fast enough leading to bone loss. If she would have told me this I would have shut up about increasing the dose on my thyroid medication a long time ago. I just have severe depression to the point that I have injected air in my veins and dropped a toaster in the bathrub hahaha so I was desperate to have more energy to at least eat and shower. I thought more would be better but after having to do my own research I realize it's not in this particular case. Doctors need to inform and educate their patients - it's not complex stuff - we have brains too lol. A reason is always better than a "Because I said so." especially when you're the one paying them. I'm not getting anything for free. Also either I'm paranoid or she wrote something on my medical report which my GP saw and got mad at me about. I get bullied and treated like trash by everyone everywhere so it could have just been my GP getting angry at my little kid face and skinny body.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

She dx a rare CA for me. She took extra time to find standard of care tests that need to be performed for this CA and sent me to a top surgeon. Has been great with followup and knowing me personally. She should have a happy face rating. If you need her- she is there.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor under any circumstances! Terrible customer service and follow up. Wait time is way too long for the amount of patients waiting. No heart at all when it comes to listening to your concerns or questions!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Very helpful and very kind-she's an exceptional doctor, really gets to know her patients, is warm and caring, goes out of her way.........one of the best!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2006