Ratings for Dr. Mark E. Spier

I’m always seen on time. Dr. Spier’s secretary is the kindest & most caring person I’ve ever met. He helps with my foot problems, & he cares about his patients. SB - Pikesville, Md.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2019

Dr. Spier is a very engaging, helpful and caring podiatrist. He cured my toenail fungus with a laser treatment and topical medication. He clearly explained the clinical procedure and answered all my questions, clearly and directly. I highly recommend Dr. Spier because of his high level of competence and clinical skill.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

Dr. Spier and his staff are warm, professional, and helpful. They worked with me to successfully resolve a toenail fungal infection that had resisted older treatments, and were supportive and dedicated throughout the process. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Had the best treatment by Dr Spier. He was kind and compassionate!!! His staff was professional and friendly!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I was always seen on time - no waiting like some other doctors. He is very competent. I recommend Dr. Spier to others.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr Spier is a competent, caring and honest podiatrist. He has a great personality and a sharp sense of humor, which some people may not appreciate. I was always seen on time and treated expertly. I would recommend Dr Spier to my family and friends without hesitation.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I have been suffering from awful toenail fungus for quite some time now and the work that Dr. Spier has done truly changed my life. I was always embarrassed of my feet but after just one laser treatment my feet began to look great. After two laser treatments, medicine and the topical nail polish my feet are brand new. I truly appreciate the work that he did and the time he took to make sure I understood what I needed to do to maintain my feet looking good. I never had to wait long and if I was early to my appointments I was always able to be seen right away. Would highly recommend him to anyone that suffers from toenail fungus!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

This doctor has horrible beside manner. Very arrogant and rude. He finishes up the task quickly to then state"u can pay here or up in front". No written instructions for wound dressing, medications to take if symptoms of pain persist. Written instructions are mandatory to be given for every procedure. Big or small. I have had written instructions for chemical peels (cosmetic) and this doctor took an ingrown toe nail from the root. Also no numbing cream was put on before injections. Thus u feel every pain from the injections and not gentle at all.

Submitted November 1, 2016

I just didn't feel comfortable at doctor's Spier's office or confident I really had toe fungus since another podiatrist I saw at the same time said the opposite. The pay policies are draconian and out of line with all medical practicioners. I've seen. The staff is quick to hang up before you say Hello, but not quick to call back to schedule follow-ups. I was also seen well after my appointment time after arriving early. Besides poor staff, business practices, and location, Dr. Spier is probably a decent podiatrists. However, overall I wasn't confident in Dr. Spier's ability or interests.

Submitted August 26, 2016

I went to Dr. Spier for a pair of custom orthotics to replace an old pair. I had to pay out of pocket. Unfortunately, his fitting was done poorly, as both pairs made from the fitting gave me unbelievable pain, worse than going barefoot. After wasting a lot of time suggesting fruitless solutions, he admitted that he wouldn't refund either the cash I gave him for this garbage or the several visits I wasted on him. As if I, a person living on disability, I could afford to throw this money away! Avoid him for orthotics.

Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr. Mark E. Spier's Credentials

• Temple University (Grad. 1983)

Coventry Healthcare