Ratings for Dr. J. BRUCE Barbosa

I have been with Dr Barbosa for several years. Has always been correct in his diagnoses and is not a pill pusher. He listens and if he isn't completely sure he will refer to a specialist. He can be quite blunt at times but thats a good thing. He doesn't sugar-coat anything. His NP, Heather is also very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Like the others on this site, I have found Heather, the nurse practitioner to be amazing, but the office staff is horrible. The Dr. made me come to the office with a broken leg BEFORE he would give me a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. There was no reason for me to be there, and he in no way even looked at the leg. It was extremely frustrating and painful. Thankfully, the surgeon I was referred to is wonderful. I have found no redeeming features of the office staff or Dr., with the exception of Heather. I look forward to changing Doctors.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

I saw Dr Barbosa once, thank god I was found pregnant and went to my OB after that. I was there for a Vaginal exam. I was an attractive 25 yr old. He asked me "Are you always this wet?" I was immediately turned off and felt sick and dirty! HIS BED SIDE MANNER WAS DISCUSTING!!! He should be charged or banned from female exams!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2011

His staff is very rude. If you try to ask a question they seemed bothered and not at all helpful. It is almost impossible to get an appointment with the doctor because his answering machine is always on. I tried to make an appointment from 2:05 to 2:30 PM. Got the answering machine the whole time. Dr. Barbosa is a nice enough guy when you can see him but has the diagnosis on you before he even comes into the room. I know times are hard right now but a doctor office shouldn't be an assembly line.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Dr. Barbosa has been my physician for over 15 years. I have always found both Dr. Barbosa and Heather competent and genuinely concerned with my health issues. I have, however, found the front office staff (with the exception of Cathy who is no longer there) very rude and arrogant. They treat patient inquiries as if they are insignificant. I have received unsolicited complaints from other people about this office staff as well.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

This guy is the worst and he must not have many patients becase all he does is watch the parking lot shared by other offices and has cars towed.I just recently found out the he's been doing this illeagally.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Dr. Barbosa has been my familys GP for 22 years. He has proven to be a very knowledgable, helpful and caring Dr. In 22 years, I have had some very stressful times and Dr. has always been there for me. He also has always been right. He has never let my family down in time of need. He has even treated my family while running into each other outside his office. He is a very oldfashiond, family style Dr. that you just dont find anymore. I have never had a problem obtaining a refill over the phone providing I make sure and have my annual physical. His staff has always been kind and helpful and Heather is a wonderful addition. She is very nice and knowledgable. I am very comfortable when she treats me. I have nothing bad to say about this Dr. or his office staff.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I have to agree with most people on this site, he is rude, always late, and has horriable bed side manner, Heather is great, but you can see how stressed she is. when I found out that I was pregnate the first thing out of his mouth was he could do the abortion if I did not want it. its hard to get an appointment with and i rarely see him in the office.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

The waiting area is always crowded and cramped and the staff are overweight and not very friendly. The office needs a major renovation. As for the Drs. on staff, I only see Heather!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

I hate this office, in fact for the past couple years I have been a patient, I have never met Dr. Barbosa. The only reason I know he exists is because I went to school with one of his sons. Heather is awesome though and really is the only reason why I put up with the poor admin service.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Dr. J. BRUCE Barbosa's Credentials

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Human Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1976)

Amerigroup