Ratings for Dr. Samantha K. Durland

Did not trust her knowledge. She was very bubbly and nice and all but I didn't feel like she knew what was going on. Beware. I feel like she is just about the money now.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2019

Excellent -puts a lot of thought into figuring out issues and always asks my opinion of treatment options and what my preferences are.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

I can't think of a better OBGYN than Durland...I've gone to her since 2008...did NOT change docs when we moved away for 11 months...she was completely worth the drive back and effort making an appointment. Yes...she is an extremely happy, bubbly person...but always! remembers me and my history...she has treated me for a few odd things and I was at peace in her care. I am so crushed! I received a letter today she is resigning from her position - her last day is June 29. I know she making a decision needs to make but just so sad. She is truly passionate about her work and genuinely cares. Any 'not great' reviews about her were posted by someone having an off day. It happens.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Looking for a new OBGYN, I ended up with Dr. Durland who treated me and performed my hysterectomy. I could not rate a doctor more highly. She takes her time and gives her full attention without making the patient feel rushed through. She provides the caring, personalized care and reassurance everyone is looking for in a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Dr. Durland has wonderful reviews but mine is not so great.. I was scheduled to be induced because I'm over weight, I am a true believer in natural medicens and your body going into labor on its own. She didn't follow the course if plan we had set for the induction and I feel as though she didn't listen to my wishes..I will not be going back ever again and I don't recommend the office her staff is rude and snooty

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

Dr Durland was not my regular Dr but a Dr at the practice I used (Lawrence OBGYN) and was the on call dr at the hospital when i delivered. My dr (Dr Mercado) couldnt be there and so Dr Durland was who delivered me. I was worried about having a dr who i didnt really know but i am actually glad she ended up being my delivery Dr. She is AMAZING! And if I ever have other children, she is my first choice now! She has so much energy and is so caring and the best labor coach you could have! She came in and made me feel so good and comforted when i was feeling alot of anxiety. She explains every step of the process and what i should feel and it really helped comfort me-esp being a first time mom and not knowing what all is normal in labor. She really made our experience above & beyond what we had expected-she is truely an amazing Dr! Thanks so much Dr Durland!!!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2013

Dr. Durland delivered both of my children. I choose to deliver both with no epidural or any other form of medication. She was very supportive and helpful in allowing me to accomplish this goal. She has impeccable bedside manner, amazing energy and is extremely well educated in her field. I could not possible put in to words how amazing she really is! Both pregnancies posed different risks and both labors had unexpected circumstances. She never even bat an eye and performed exceptionally well! In addition, even though she was not on call when I went into labor she reported to the hospital immediately and stayed throughout! I actually worked for another OB office while pregnant. Not only did I choose Dr. Durland over the doctors I worked for but two of the pregnant doctors choose her as well! That should say a lot!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Great doctor very positive and upbeat. Always remember me from previous visits and took amazing care of me. Her staff can leave something to be wanted horrible at relaying messages or calling back.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2012

Amazing delivery!!!!! Sam was so calm and helpful, followed my desired not to have any meds (or an IV) and do everything naturally. She was a breath of fresh air. Extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and positive. She can talk really fast and seem rushed, but I think it is so she can be as helpful as possible to as many people as possible. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Went here for very abnormal reasons, as a quite abnormal patient. She was not paused by these obstacles though!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

Dr. Samantha K. Durland's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

MSP/BC Med