Ratings for Dr. Jeanine B. Downie

Image Dermatology associates are extremely knowledgeable, courteous, professional, personable, and flexible.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I been a patient of Dr Downie for some time. She is knowledgeable and understand the needs of her patients. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

This is not a doctor I would recommend she damage my skin and acted as if nothing was wrong. This Dermatologist is only concerned about making money and her own desire to be famous .

Submitted February 20, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Downie for many years for skin conditions caused by hormone fluctuations during my three pregnancies. Dr. Downie has an extremely wonderful and warm 'bed side' manner which is not always the case with other good doctors I've gone to. When my teenage daughter developed a very bad case of acne a few years back, I did not hesitate to bring her to this wonderful doctor. Although I knew she was very knowledgeable in dermatology and would be able to help my daughter, I couldn't believe how great she was with her. She immediately connected with my daughter discussing her own experiences as a teenager growing up and not always feeling great about her self. So impressed was I by her warmth, knowledge as a doctor and positive role model for a developing young lady, I did not hesitate to recommend her to two of my dearest friends who asked if I knew of anyone who could help their teenagers with their skin issues. Hands down, Dr. Downie is the best doctor of dermatology I've experienced and my daughter would, no doubt, state the same. Her staff is equally well informed, and I give her the highest rating possible.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I have dealt with acne for approximately 13 years, and been to many dermatologists over the years. Dr. Downie is hands down the best dermatologist I have ever been to. She is extremely knowledgeable about her field, appears in many magazines, and on TV, yet she is extremely humble and personable. She is one of the bests at what she does. She put me on a skincare regimen the first time I saw her that helped to clear my face from acne in a matter of months. I never had to wait long to see her whenever I arrived for my appointment and was extremely satisfied with the results. I wish I still lived in NJ so I could continue my care with her. The staff is always very professional.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Downie for many years now. She has been very helpful in curing my skin problems, mole removals, and also severe sweating. Even though the waiting time can be a little long ,it's worth the wait. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I had 4 phone calls with a girl in her office named Melissa to arrange an appointment. All the particulars were discussed, including what insurance I had. I took off a morning to make the 9AM appointment I was given. I arrived at 8:50AM and when I handed the girl at the desk my insurance card, I was told, "Oh, we do not take this insurance." Imagine how I felt. I should have gone to the Three Stooges Dermatology Office! would have at least had a laugh while I was dealing with such incompetence. I think all the hype about this doctor is that she is a black female and she fancies herself a celebrity. This is not the place to go for everyday regular people. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Jeanine B. Downie's response
Melissa that has been here since 2007. She is my in house biller. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding with that particular insurance. Kindly call the office so we can apologize and address the issue.

Submitted May 10, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Downie for over 12 years. Her work is excellent and her staff is top notch. Even though Dr. Downie is the dermatologist to the "Stars", she gives me the "Star" treatment each time I see her. As long as you follow her instructions and have patience the end result of your treatment will be exactly as promised. To this day I love it when perfect strangers tell me I do not look my age (53) - and I know I owe it all to Dr. Downie. Right now I am under her care for scar treatment due to an automobile accident and her work as usual is outstanding. If you have ever been told that there is no help for your condition, or if other Doctors have told you that they cannot help you - make an appointment with Dr. Downie as soon as possible :-)

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Jeanine B. Downie's response
Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback help us improve ourselves to provide a better service.

Submitted May 10, 2015

I met Dr. Downie over two years ago. Never having visited a dermatologist before, I prepared a list of issues and questions. While creating my file, her assistant softly suggested that Dr. Downie may not be able to review everything with me that day. I understood and tried to prioritize. Dr. Downie entered the room with a huge smile, lovely, warm greeting and we proceeded to review EVERY DETAIL of my list and MORE questions that SHE wanted to make certain we covered. I left with a fist full of creams, ointments, oils, balms and prescriptions. EVERY product performed beautifully. When I shared the visit and prescriptions with my primary physician he complimented how advanced and sophisticated her recommendations were. I have sent her numerous patients(friends and family) all with the same high praise for her manner, skills and ability to specifically treat their needs. Dr. Downie is an outstanding physician but, more importantly a woman who brings a genuine concern and empathy for her patients to her practice. Thanks to you and your staff for taking care of me and the ones I love.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr. Jeanine B. Downie's response
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It help us improve ourselves to provide a better service.

Submitted May 10, 2015

I started going to Dr. Downie in July when I was told by a few other dermatologists that nothing could be done for my skin besides accutane. I have been battling acne since I was a teen but my skin was always manageable especially while I was in birth control. I went off birth control 6 months ago then switched to a different kind that caused adult acne. This acne was severe, cystic scarring acne and no other dermatologist could figure out what to do. In just one visit with Dr. D, she not only cleared my skin with a completely new regime, she assured me she would do everything in her power to clear my skin WITHOUT accutane. She was so warm and welcoming, she made me feel like I've known her for years. She's a wonderful doctor and person. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Jeanine B. Downie's response
Thank you for your review. We value our patient reviews alot.

Dr. Jeanine B. Downie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Montclair, New Jersey is home to Dr. Jeanine Downie, who is a dermatologist with extensive skill and qualifications in providing a range of dermatology services. Her practice, Image Dermatology, is a premier dermatology facility that serves the people of Montclair and the surrounding areas. Dr. Downie has equipped her practice with the latest technology and tools in the field of dermatology in order to offer her patients a consistently high standard of dermatology care.She is board-certified by the American Board of Dermatology. In addition to this, Dr. Downie has been honored by Castle Connolly as one of the Top Doctors of New York Metropolitan in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. After earning her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Psychology from the Tufts University, Dr. Downie attended the American University to earn her Master of Arts degree in Biology. She then went on to attend the SUNY-Health Science Center located in Brooklyn to earn her Doctor of Medicine degree. Dr. Downie followed this by completing a pediatric residency which lasted two years at the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center. Later on, Dr. Downie completed her residency in dermatology at the Mount Sinai Medical Center located in New York City. At her practice in Montclair, Dr. Downie offers a range of dermatology services to her patients. Among these services are Botox injections, Sclerotherapy, Exilis body contouring and fat reduction treatment, Vanquish Fat Melting, Chemical Peels, Restylane, Fraxel Restore, Perlane, Laser Hair Removal, Juvederm, Patch Testing, Sculptra, Radiesse, and Skin Cancer Surgery.

• English

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1992)

• Acne
  • Laser hair removal
  • Skin cancer
  • Dry skin
  • Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
  • Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
  • Psoriasis