Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Lantos

Dr. Lantos is kind and empathetic and actually has a sense of humor.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2019

Dr. Lantos has a gift for listening, and a clever sense of humor. He is able to point out important insights in a gentle yet wry way that works. I see Dr. Lantos as sincere and responsible, and he has made progress with my OCD/Anxiety year after year. I trust him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

If you need help, don't go to this guy. All he wants to do is med you up and forget about you. If you want to be totally zonked out and not be able to cope with anything in your life, and get no actual help, Lantos is the one to see. Better no meds, than drugged into mindless oblivion.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

I saw Dr. Lantos for over 8 yrs and he helped me at first with some major depression. I actually saw him for much longer than I needed to, later realizing that I was actually paying for one hour of undivided attention, and I should have sought that elsewhere for free. I know he's human, but I'll still never forget the time he yawned during one of our sessions. Over the years we were all over the map with assorted pharmaceuticals, some for depression and some for sleeplessness that came along w/ menopause. Bottom line: another doc of internal med. who has known me for 35 yrs. suggested that Lamictal was the right prescription for me. Lantos said: well that's for bi-polar which you aren't but you can try it. Guess what? Bingo. The right drug at last, been on it ever since. Got a copy of my file when we were done and waited a year to look at it. Most boring completely uninsightful stuff I ever read. I guess law requires him to document something. BTW, don't call him a cash cow.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Lantos is the worst doctor I've ever been to. He overmedicated me so much I was drooling in the grocery store. Honestly, don't waste your time, money or most importantly your health. Find someone else. This guy is not to be trusted. He only sees you for 15. min. and doesn't follow up, except to give you more and more meds. A huge ripoff and his lack of concern and care can have serious repercussions in your life. Go to someone else! Your next door neighbor is probably more help than he is.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2011

Felt much worse after appointment than before. Dr's office phone rang repeatedly during my appointment. Indifferent. Careless. Poor doctoring.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Lantos is 100 % psychiatrist; he is a very good listener, very quiet and reserved, very focused and seems very sincere in carrying out this role in his own reserved demeanor and way. He does not waste time presenting unnecessary factual information and jargon about patient's condition or diagnosis. Seems very concerned and commited to helping his patients and has a warm spirit that comes through as he does this.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Dr. Lantos is absolutely amazing. I've seen a number of psychiatrists all around the state of Maine and he is by far the best. He's thoughtful and caring and an excellent listener. Not only that, but he immediately diagnosed my condition after several doctors had failed to do so and got me on the right medication immediately. I am so impressed with Dr. Lantos and would really highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Dr. Lantos was excellent. I have been to a number of other psychiatrists and he is the best. He was caring, compassionate, and insightful. He got me on the right medication and psychotherapy was very helpful as well. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

I felt Dr. Lantos was highly professional. He asked all the right questions and gave invaluable insight to help me understand my situation and encouraged me to continue on my path of recovery from depression. He prescribed just the right medication and was a pleasure to see over the years. I have recommended him to many people and they too have been happy with him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Dr. Thomas J. Lantos's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1984)