Ratings for Dr. Keith B. Raskin

Dr. Raskin is an exceptional surgeon and human being. He is technically masterful seeing his work (and your hand) as art and deeply kind and caring about patients. Teresa Hallinan, office manager, is extremely competent, compassionate and readily accessible. Tom- the radiology tech is one of the most gentle and kind persons one can encounter. Heather and Gabrielle, the PA's are likewise very smart and empathic and approachable. If you have a hand or wrist injury, Dr. Raskin and his professional and extraordinary staff will get you better again and will make you appreciate true, "top flight" clinical care. --Mary Rosedale

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

Dr. Raskin, what can I say??? He is the best doctor here in New York City by far. When I broke my forearm completely in half I started laughing at how little the hospital I went to before Dr. Raskin told me about the break. As far as I was informed, the hospital I went to before Dr. Raskin, just straightened out my arm & put a cast on it, they didn't even bother to put the bones into place. Then I went to Dr. Raskin, his physicians came & saw me, got the X-Rays, & Dr. Raskin was in to see mee in under 1/2 hour, & on my first vist to. After observing my X-rays, he made a sort of massageing motion on my arm to get the bones in place, & then casted me. When he confirmed I would need surgery, his staff were very helpful & full on answers as well as questions for allergies & such. After my surgery, the staff gave me exact timeing for all my castings. I give Dr. Keith Raskin & his staff 2 thumbs up with no hesitation. If you disagree then geuss what, you have the Wrong Dr. Keith Raskin.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

Dr. Raskin is such a great surgeon. I have had to have both elbows and both wrist worked on and I must say I am pain free. I also love seeing Dr. Raskin as he is always genuinely happy to see me and takes time to talk and see how I am doing, because he thinks lifestyle is important and if his surgeries are working well for my pace of life. He does take extra time with patients so is late some 0f the time, but if I am going to have surgery , I really want my Doctor to know what I will be doing after the surgery, and to follow up untill I am 100%.After 4 surgeries I can say thet I am 100% happy

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Very knowledgeable, very attentive, listens to your concerns. He did an amazing job reconstructing a totally broken finger.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

THE BEST! Great surgeon and a warm caring man. You could not find anyone better in his field. I've had multiple hand surgery procedures by him in the last 10 years and would recommend hands down. (No pun intended.)

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

I went to Dr.Raskin in 2004 for Pinkie surgury on my dominant hand. The Pinkie had seemed to become unattached from the the rest of my hand and was drifting away from my other fingers. It was injured in a accident after lifting a very heavy object.I pain was incredible when hand shaking, and I could not put my hand in my pockets because thedrifting pinkie would get hung up on the outside. after surgery and rehabilitation, my hand is now 100%, and my Pinkie is now fully functional. Dr. Raskin is a great and compassionate Doctor, and his staff is wonderful. My sons have also used Dr. Raskin for the same type of injury to his thumb. We are happy with the repair made, and the rehabilitation.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

Dr. Keith Raskin saved my life. More specifically he saved the functional and pain-free use of my left hand. I broke my hand in a mountain biking accident on the West Coast. I began a medical odyssey on both coasts (an orthopedist in Beverly Hills, a hand specialist at UCLA, and hand specialist at HSS) that landed me in his brilliant hands while seeking second opinion. He took the time to LISTEN. Because he actually listened to me, he knew to ask some key questions (never asked by any of the three previous doctors) which allowed him to ACCURATELY diagnose and treat me. Yes, I needed surgery, but he accurately assessed I had been under-treated in LA, but the surgeon in NY wanted to do drastic surgery that was over-treatment. My hand is now healed and beautiful. The one incision is not visible--to the point where some question if I really had surgery. I call Dr. Raskin the “Michelangelo of Hand Surgeons". I trust no one, but I trust Dr. Raskin implicitly.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

very good surgeon. No insurance. Some hand surgeon want very much money for consultations and surgeries.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

Dr. Raskin no longer takes any insurance and I wasn't informed of this information, either by his office or by my healthcare provider. This was unacceptable.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

He is a very great surgeon. He is also professional and compassionate due to the nature of my problem and my explanation. When he operated me, he is very calm and reassuring.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2008

Dr. Keith B. Raskin's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1983)