Ratings for Dr. Keith B. Raskin

DR.Raskin saved my left hand in 1994!.IM AM SO GRATEFUL HES THE BEST!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Guess I'm the only person who received a lethargic demeanor and a needlessly snide remark. Perhaps the good manners are reserved for surgical patients; those whose ailments are ultimately resolved with injections not so much. Yes, he helped me, but for the same money I prefer doctors whose maturity and professionalism enable them to contain their snarky urges. In addition. there was 0 follow-up, and he seemed annoyed when I returned for another treatment. His office staff were snippy as well.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

When I fractured my index finger on my dominant hand, I had no idea whether or not I needed surgery, but was told that if I did end up needing surgery, I’d need to have the procedure ASAP; otherwise, the bones would start to heal incorrectly on their own. I was desperate for guidance, but unable to find a hand surgeon in Portland, OR - where I live - who would see me on short notice; and so, my family doctor in New York referred me to Dr. Raskin. When I called Dr. Raskin’s office out of the blue, I was hoping only that someone in his office would agree to review my x-rays, and offer their opinion. I was transferred to Dr. Raskin’s PA, Ashley Madsen, who was not only sympathetic to my situation, but was so acutely competent that I was immediately reassured I’d come to the right place. Ashley gave me her email address without hesitation, and told me she’d have Dr. Raskin look at my x-rays shortly. (I couldn’t believe it. I was just a voice on the other end of a phone 3,000 miles away.) I sent Ashley my x-rays, and she called me an hour later. She explained in great detail that Dr. Raskin said I indeed needed surgery, and that it was going to be fairly complex, given the injury. Ashley was patient and supportive and able to answer all of my very detailed medical questions. She way exceeded the capabilities of your typical PA. Moreover, Ashley Madsen is the only PA I’ve encountered wherein I felt like I was not just in the presence of a doctor, but a seasoned doctor, at that. Ashley then said that Dr. Raskin had offered to do my procedure on his next surgery schedule, just five days later. I was SHOCKED. Not only was someone actually willing to help me from so far away - without even knowing me - but that “someone” was a world class surgeon. (For those of you who don’t know, Dr. Raskin is big time. Not to put too fine of a point on it, but suffice it to say that the halls of his offices and the walls of his examination rooms are all covered with signed photographs from celebrities, thanking him for his work. Sure, that’s cool, but what’s relevant about sharing this here is that those particular celebrities all have livelihoods which require the unconstrained use of their hands - musicians, marquee athletes, etc. The point is: when the best in the world need the best hand surgeon, they’re calling Dr. Raskin.) Needless to say, I was on a plane the next day. When I met Dr. Raskin - just one day before my surgery - I was terribly stressed from my ordeal, exhausted, and concerned about the severity of my fracture. When I left his office, though, I was calm and reassured. After listening to Dr. Raskin speak about my finger, and engaging him with dozens of questions, it was obvious why his reputation precedes him. Dr. Raskin’s depth of expertise was like no other doctor I’ve encountered. What’s more, he’s incredibly warm and accessible (and funny, I might add), which is uncommon for surgeons of his acclaim. In the end, my surgery was indeed complex - it lasted two hours, required a follow-up procedure to remove pins, and required months of occupational therapy. Through it all, Dr. Raskin and Ashley were there. They were reachable and supportive from beginning to end. From a results perspective, Dr. Raskin made a measurable difference in the rest of my life. I have complete and unlimited use of my index finger on my dominant hand, and can engage in any activity I choose. I don’t think I appreciated how important Dr. Raskin’s ability was until after the procedure, when I was trying to re-learn how to use my finger, and realized early on that I was going to be able to do all of the things I needed and wanted to do in my life. (Even my Occupational Therapist was impressed that I was able to achieve the range of motion I achieved, which he, too, attributed to Dr. Raskin’s ability.) I will always be thankful to Dr. Raskin for being so adept and for offering to do my surgery without ever having met me, and similarly thankful to Ashley for not only offering to help without a moment’s hesitation, but for being so present, so responsive, and so flat-out and unequivocally capable. My life was changed because of the kindness and competency of these two people. I would be remiss if I neglected to mention Yazmin, who runs the billing function for Dr. Raskin. Yazmin typifies “ownership.” She untangled billing complications with my insurance company as if they were her own, and never once made me feel like I was alone in the billing process. She never brushed me off, never referred me to someone else, and never told me to just call my insurance company. There were no dangling mystery bills after the fact, no surprise charges from the surgical center or any other ancillary provider, no double-billing, etc. Yazmin simply took care of everything, and she got it all correct in the process, right down to the decimal point. She’s a gem and a worthy member of this great team.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I saw Dr. Raskin after seeing a different hand surgeon, who, after many months and multiple cortisone shots, told me that there was nothing else he could do for the pain and loss of strength in my dominant hand and wrist. Dr. Raskin started conservatively with a cortisone shot. Unlike all the other shots I have had on various parts of my body, Dr. Raskin utilized an ultrasound to pinpoint the injection exactly into the joint. Unfortunately, the shot did not provide long-term relief. Dr. Raskin suggested surgery, which I agreed to. When I awoke, Dr. Raskin explained to me that he repaired a tendon and expected a full recovery with reinstated use of my hand. As he predicted, so it was. At this point, I have full use and strength in my hand and wrist, and never, ever feel discomfort or weakness. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Raskin. He cares about his patients and is the best of the best. I wouldn't ever think of seeing anyone else.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Dr. Raskin has treated, and treated well, every member of my family. My younger son, a high school baseball catcher and soccer goalie, received immediate and expert attention for injuries over the course of a number of years to nine of his ten fingers. Equally fine care was extended to my husband for sports-related injuries, to me for fall-related broken bones, to my older son, for a work-related hand infection, and to my housekeeper, for a minor surgical issue. Even for non-hand-related issues, we turn first to Dr. Raskin's office for his recommendations regarding the appropriate orthopedic specialist. His replies are both prompt and on the mark. Our entire family is very grateful for his care.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I am grateful to Dr Keith Raskin for saving my finger. I had my index finger cut off in an accident two years ago and went to see him. In spite of my insistence to amputate it completely in my desparation, he patiently managed to reattach it successfully and fully functioning.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Dr. Raskin is hands down, the best surgeon a patient can ever ask for. He saved my hand! Earlier this year I suffered a laceration across 3 digits on my hand while cleaning my shed in Colorado. No big deal, right? I figured I will just go to the ER and get it stitched up and go about my day. I could not be more wrong!!! I get to the ER and they do a quick x-ray and determine that I tore a tendon. Just one. They suggested a I stitch it up and get physical therapy. After being discharged I realized that something was terribly wrong, I could not move any of my fingers. I was referred to Dr. Raskin and was squeezed in for an appointment right away. I flew out the next morning and met with Dr. Raskin who was able to determine within minutes that my injury was more severe than what I was told. I had a severe hand injury involving my flexor tendons and nerves. What did this mean? It meant that if I listened to my first diagnosis, I would not have full function of my dominant hand. I would not be able to make a fist, grab a cup of coffee, walk my dog or do any of the recreational sports that I love. I wouldn’t be able to do simple things I took for granted on a daily basis. I was devastated. On top of my injury I had no insurance and feared he wouldn’t be able to help me but the office manager Yazmin worked out a deal and payment plan with me. Dr. Raskin performed a flexor tendon and nerve repair with the assistance of his marvelous PA Ashley. Within weeks of my surgery I was able to use my hand and within two months of my surgery I was able to make a fist and ride my dirt bike! He is a true miracle worker. Dr. Raskin is an extremely skilled surgeon, who not only creates miracles but has a truly caring personality. He has excellent bed side manners and takes time with his patients. On top of being a Rockstar Surgeon he also has an outstanding team. From his front desk, to his manager Yazmin, his PA Ashley, his xray techs and state of the art surgical facility. I can not thank them enough for all of their help and kindness. Take it from a guy who flew across the country for his surgery with a life altering injury and no insurance, you will not have better results or care from anyone other than Dr. Raskin and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

I have worked with Dr. Raskin for 12 years, witnessing the miracles he performs on his patients. I never thought that I would also be one of those patients. Last year around this time I had a severe fracture of my forearm. Dr. Raskin, with the assistance of our wonderful PA, Ashley Madsen, literally pieced my arm back together again performing an ORIF. I have regained full motion, strength and ability. THANK YOU to my boss and surgeon!!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

best hand specialist in nyc and likely the world. I broker my finger pretty badly and the doctor was patient with me and explained my options. Was my first surgery and i remember being extremely nervous the morning of but when the doctorarrived he made me feel 100% comfortable and i knew my hand was in the right hands. He has tremendous bedside manners and is friendly and patient and no question is a bad question. Came highly recommended and i can now make that same recommendation.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dr Raskin and Ashely Madsen, PA took excellent care of me and I had a great surgical result-- full function of my right hand. Excellent dr-pt communication. Highly recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr. Keith B. Raskin's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1983)