Ratings for Dr. Keith B. Raskin

Dr. Raskin is a gifted surgeon who successfully performed complicated surgery on my wrist, which, among other things, involved the removal of a benign but problematic mass, located near my radial artery, and the repair of a tendon that was about to rupture. Upon meeting Dr. Raskin, I immediately felt comfortable with him. He clearly explained the problem with my wrist and it was clear to me that I wanted him to perform this surgery. He completely repaired all the problems in my wrist, and I've been healing very well with minimal pain. His PA, Ashley Madsen is excellent. I've been able to email her any questions I had and she competently and quickly provided the answers I needed. They are a great team. Dr. Raskin's Administrator and staff at the OR were all very helpful. I have felt very well cared for. I had my surgery 9 weeks ago, and I've been very impressed at how well I'm healing. My flexibility and range of motion are already close to normal and I'm currently building strength in my wrist/hand. I am very grateful that Dr. Raskin performed my wrist surgery and I'm well along the road to a full recovery. I am happy to recommend Dr. Raskin as a fine surgeon. I have full confidence in him.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr. Raskin and his PA, Ashley Madsen, are AMAZING. Excellent team, from his office to his surgery center. Dr. Raskin's skill is unmatched and Ashley's ability to explain and always be available for my questions is a rare thing to find in a surgeon's office. I recommened Dr. Raskin with all of my heart.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I hurt my wirst playing ice hockey and consulted 5 of the top hand surgeons in NYC. I selected Dr Raskin because of his attentive approach to the specific details of my injury, his experience with this particular surgery (SL tear) and his incredible balance of confidence and best bedside manner - which is rare in my experience with specialists. I should mention that I tried PT before the surgery and my physical therapist recommended Dr Raskin based on the surgical results he saw in his patients. Dr Raskin took time to comprehensively explain the injury, the surgery, the recovery and the outcome I could expect. The general prognosis for my injury was not good and put at risk my ability to play ice hockey, workout and play golf. I am thrilled to report that Dr Raskin did an exceptional surgical repair and I am back to all of my normal athletic activities in record time, with no pain and a range of motion that exceeded the expectation of every other surgeon I consulted. Additionally, his staff (his PA, Ashley in particular) delivered amazing care and a truly exceptional patient experience. Don't think twice. Dr Raskin and his staff are the best.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

There is no other hand surgeon like Dr. Keith Raskin! He has given my son his life back. After a devastating injury causing severe neurologic damage, Dr. Raskin was able to operate and restore his function completely. Not only is Dr. Raskin a magnificent surgeon but he has a bedside manner to match. His PA, Ashley Madsen, has a heart of gold and was always there for us during this devastating time. Every call, email, question or concern, Ashley was always willing to listen and put us as ease, and not to mention she makes the best casts. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Dr. Raskin's entire office, from the front desk to his office manager, xray techs and surgical center.... i couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to take care of my child. If you have the opportunity to go to Dr. Raskin, I implore you to do so. Don't gamble on your health.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr. Raskin and his team are excellent in all aspects. After wrist fracture/dislocation I instantly became a first-time appointment and next day surgery... I felt immediately taken care of very well and the surgery performed by Dr. Raskin just was with best possible outcome... fracture was complicated and bones were aligned perfectly afterwards, he is extremely skilled and experienced! Post surgery attention by him, his assistants and all his staff was amazing, professional, dedicated and personal. Recommendations for physical therapy were great, after 5 months my wrist is fully recovered, mobility back to normal and I was released and so very happy. I only can recommend!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Keith Raskin performed a basal joint arthroplasty procedure on my left hand in January 2015. I could barely hold or grip anything. The operation was so successful that I didn't even need physical therapy afterwards. After two months, I was using my hand normally with no pain or discomfort! Now a year later, I don't even think about it. This is a testament to the incredible job Dr. Raskin did. He changed my life. And I can't say enough about his assistant Ashley Madsen and his entire staff. George Limbach

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I badly broke my wrist while on vacation. The conversations I had with the local doctors were around whether I needed to have a fully functioning wrist, b/c it was my left arm, and I was right handed. As an active individual I did not want to live with one handed that was unable to function fully. Dr. Raskin reviewed the X Rays, developed a plan and cleared his schedule to do the surgery within the one week from injury time period recommended. He is a meticulous surgeon, who thinks about where to make his cuts in order to minimize the scarring, and does an incredible job at wound closure. His staff were incredibly thorough helpful and courteous. I am now 4 weeks since my surgery and already have incredible mobility and scars that will be barely noticeable over time. I am very glad I made the choice to have my surgery done by Dr. Raskin and recommend him without qualification.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Raskin is the BEST! Every day I am so happy and totally amazed at how absolutely pain free my right hand is. It was exactly 1 year ago that I met Dr. Raskin. Having suffered for many years with arthritis pain in my thumb joint, last July 4th weekend the pain became so intense, I could barely hold my toothbrush. After being examined and questioned by Dr. Raskinabout my lifestyle (I am an artist, golfer, tennis player & skier) he explained to me how he could "fix" my hand. I was somewhat skeptical and honestly, afraid, but after much consideration and 2 postponements, I finally had the surgery in January. The experience and recovery was amazing! So much easier than I imagined. I had NO pain EVER. After the first week in a somewhat clumsy cast, I was switched to a minimal & very fashionable hot pink cast (my color choice) for 3 weeks. OT afterwards for a month or so was easy and resulted in a smooth and quick recovery. Dr. Raskin and his entire team could not be better. His fabulous physician assistants aka the "Golden Girls" are a delight; extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and attentive. The entire office staff is a pleasure; unusually warm, friendly and efficient. Dr. Raskin did everything he said he could do and more. I have no more pain, no stiffness, complete range of motion and not even a visible scar. Dr. Raskin did indeed "fix" my hand. It's amazing! I can't wait for him to do the left one--scheduled again between golf & ski seasons.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I had the most wonderful experience working with Dr. Raskin. I am completely cured which is incredible, but I am actually sad I won't be going to the office anymore because everyone there is so great. I had extreme pain in my forearm/elbow/hand for a few years (that was even getting in the way of my graduate studies as I could not type anymore). I went to two other doctors and completed several rounds of physical therapy (and was on strong anti-inflammatory meds for a long time) with no real result before I met with Dr. Raskin. It was Dr. Raskin who figured out that I had a rare condition involving an extra muscle (the other diagnoses were wrong), and one year later I am 100% better... the change from where I was to where I am now is sometimes hard to believe. Dr. Raskin is an incredible doctor and an extraordinary person. He spent so much time working with me and even knows all of the various family members who came to appointments with me. He cares for his patients so much (as does his amazing staff) and he has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've seen. The way to truly fix my condition was surgery which I was a bit nervous about, but Dr. Raskin explained everything so well and I trusted him completely based on our other interactions. Once I made the decision to do the surgery I had a narrow window of time that would be best for me to do it in (the week after I decided!) and the office worked to fit me in then and made the best timing for me work. I can't say enough good things about this doctor and this office. Going here completely fixed a problem that severely limited my ability to function and was very painful. I thought I would be stuck with it forever, but thanks to Dr. Raskin this issue is completely in the past.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. Raskin is the best doctor I've ever known. Both his bedside manner and technical expertise are without parallel. My wife and I met him and his wonderful staff on the worst morning of our lives. Our 3 year old precious daughter had just broken two of her little fingers and all but severed one of them in a freak fall from a dining room chair. We were in a state of utter panic and despair. From the first second we walked through the door of the practice, we felt completely taken care of. Somehow Dr. Raskin turned our fright into informed optimism and calm. We were able to draw from his strength and competence and we knew from our conversation that he was going to fix everything. He did that and more. He was endlessly generous with his time, meeting with us before and after the surgery. From beginning to end the experience was flawless. Our daughter was in comfort and happy the entire time. It is now 7 months after the surgery and it's like it never happened. We feel so lucky that Dr. Raskin was our doctor. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Keith B. Raskin's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1983)