Ratings for Dr. Keith B. Raskin

There is no other hand surgeon like Dr. Keith Raskin! He has given my son his life back. After a devastating injury causing severe neurologic damage, Dr. Raskin was able to operate and restore his function completely. Not only is Dr. Raskin a magnificent surgeon but he has a bedside manner to match. His PA, Ashley Madsen, has a heart of gold and was always there for us during this devastating time. Every call, email, question or concern, Ashley was always willing to listen and put us as ease, and not to mention she makes the best casts. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Dr. Raskin's entire office, from the front desk to his office manager, xray techs and surgical center.... i couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to take care of my child. If you have the opportunity to go to Dr. Raskin, I implore you to do so. Don't gamble on your health.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr. Raskin and his team are excellent in all aspects. After wrist fracture/dislocation I instantly became a first-time appointment and next day surgery... I felt immediately taken care of very well and the surgery performed by Dr. Raskin just was with best possible outcome... fracture was complicated and bones were aligned perfectly afterwards, he is extremely skilled and experienced! Post surgery attention by him, his assistants and all his staff was amazing, professional, dedicated and personal. Recommendations for physical therapy were great, after 5 months my wrist is fully recovered, mobility back to normal and I was released and so very happy. I only can recommend!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Keith Raskin performed a basal joint arthroplasty procedure on my left hand in January 2015. I could barely hold or grip anything. The operation was so successful that I didn't even need physical therapy afterwards. After two months, I was using my hand normally with no pain or discomfort! Now a year later, I don't even think about it. This is a testament to the incredible job Dr. Raskin did. He changed my life. And I can't say enough about his assistant Ashley Madsen and his entire staff. George Limbach

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I badly broke my wrist while on vacation. The conversations I had with the local doctors were around whether I needed to have a fully functioning wrist, b/c it was my left arm, and I was right handed. As an active individual I did not want to live with one handed that was unable to function fully. Dr. Raskin reviewed the X Rays, developed a plan and cleared his schedule to do the surgery within the one week from injury time period recommended. He is a meticulous surgeon, who thinks about where to make his cuts in order to minimize the scarring, and does an incredible job at wound closure. His staff were incredibly thorough helpful and courteous. I am now 4 weeks since my surgery and already have incredible mobility and scars that will be barely noticeable over time. I am very glad I made the choice to have my surgery done by Dr. Raskin and recommend him without qualification.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Raskin is the BEST! Every day I am so happy and totally amazed at how absolutely pain free my right hand is. It was exactly 1 year ago that I met Dr. Raskin. Having suffered for many years with arthritis pain in my thumb joint, last July 4th weekend the pain became so intense, I could barely hold my toothbrush. After being examined and questioned by Dr. Raskinabout my lifestyle (I am an artist, golfer, tennis player & skier) he explained to me how he could "fix" my hand. I was somewhat skeptical and honestly, afraid, but after much consideration and 2 postponements, I finally had the surgery in January. The experience and recovery was amazing! So much easier than I imagined. I had NO pain EVER. After the first week in a somewhat clumsy cast, I was switched to a minimal & very fashionable hot pink cast (my color choice) for 3 weeks. OT afterwards for a month or so was easy and resulted in a smooth and quick recovery. Dr. Raskin and his entire team could not be better. His fabulous physician assistants aka the "Golden Girls" are a delight; extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and attentive. The entire office staff is a pleasure; unusually warm, friendly and efficient. Dr. Raskin did everything he said he could do and more. I have no more pain, no stiffness, complete range of motion and not even a visible scar. Dr. Raskin did indeed "fix" my hand. It's amazing! I can't wait for him to do the left one--scheduled again between golf & ski seasons.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I had the most wonderful experience working with Dr. Raskin. I am completely cured which is incredible, but I am actually sad I won't be going to the office anymore because everyone there is so great. I had extreme pain in my forearm/elbow/hand for a few years (that was even getting in the way of my graduate studies as I could not type anymore). I went to two other doctors and completed several rounds of physical therapy (and was on strong anti-inflammatory meds for a long time) with no real result before I met with Dr. Raskin. It was Dr. Raskin who figured out that I had a rare condition involving an extra muscle (the other diagnoses were wrong), and one year later I am 100% better... the change from where I was to where I am now is sometimes hard to believe. Dr. Raskin is an incredible doctor and an extraordinary person. He spent so much time working with me and even knows all of the various family members who came to appointments with me. He cares for his patients so much (as does his amazing staff) and he has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've seen. The way to truly fix my condition was surgery which I was a bit nervous about, but Dr. Raskin explained everything so well and I trusted him completely based on our other interactions. Once I made the decision to do the surgery I had a narrow window of time that would be best for me to do it in (the week after I decided!) and the office worked to fit me in then and made the best timing for me work. I can't say enough good things about this doctor and this office. Going here completely fixed a problem that severely limited my ability to function and was very painful. I thought I would be stuck with it forever, but thanks to Dr. Raskin this issue is completely in the past.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. Raskin is the best doctor I've ever known. Both his bedside manner and technical expertise are without parallel. My wife and I met him and his wonderful staff on the worst morning of our lives. Our 3 year old precious daughter had just broken two of her little fingers and all but severed one of them in a freak fall from a dining room chair. We were in a state of utter panic and despair. From the first second we walked through the door of the practice, we felt completely taken care of. Somehow Dr. Raskin turned our fright into informed optimism and calm. We were able to draw from his strength and competence and we knew from our conversation that he was going to fix everything. He did that and more. He was endlessly generous with his time, meeting with us before and after the surgery. From beginning to end the experience was flawless. Our daughter was in comfort and happy the entire time. It is now 7 months after the surgery and it's like it never happened. We feel so lucky that Dr. Raskin was our doctor. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I can't begin to put into words how good Dr Raskin has been. I called his office one day after seeing 3 other doctors for a wrist injury I had sustained in a car accident almost 2 years prior. A few other offices refused to see me because I had not one, but two prior surgeries for the injury. Dr Raskin's staff, after I explained my situation to the best of my ability to the extremely patient receptionist, I was scheduled for an appointment. To be completely honest, at this point, I felt completely hopeless; I could barely move my hand at all without substantial pain, which left me unable or barely able to do many things, and one of the doctors I had seen had suggested a wrist fusion, which would make my career as a programmer end before I had a solid start. Once I saw Ashley, one of his PAs, I started feeling better about my situation. When I met Dr. Raskin, he knew exactly what I was talking about and agreed that the doctor who did the previous surgeries wasn't very good and joked around a bit, helping me feel a lot better. I was immediately sent for an MRI, and when Dr. Raskin got the results, he spoke to me directly over the phone and told me that I'd need another surgery and he wanted to do it ASAP. I had the surgery scheduled at Surgicare of Manhattan, and the team he had with him was also amazing. Before the surgery, they allowed my fiance to come in with me (major jitters), and stay with me until I had to go into the OR, still joking around with us to alleviate my fears. While my previous surgeries took an hour, Dr. Raskin took 3 hours, performing repairs on everything in my hand that needed work. When I came to from the surgery, Dr. Raskin was available and spoke to me when I woke up (Believe it or not, the other doctor who performed surgery LEFT without speaking to me.) and was SO EXCITED and HAPPY that he was able to perform the repairs I needed so badly and tell me that he thought that this would be the last surgery I needed. I went home with a big smile on my face, and had a mini-post-surgical party. The next few visits I went through a series of casts made by Dr. Raskin's PA Gabi and referred through to therapy. If I ever had a question, I could call and leave a message and within the day get an answer. My appointments were always kept, even if I messed up the time and came an hour late which may or may not have happened... Under Dr Raskin, my hand recovered amazingly fast. It's absolutely amazing what he's done for me, and from his work, I was able to resume normal life -- after healing, I've gone back to being able to work, write, go back to classes, drive, play video games with my son and probably other things I'm forgetting, and I can do those all without any pain. Since I'm able to do the things I need and want to do, it's done so much for me in ways indescribable. As of this writing, it's been nearly a year since Dr. Raskin performed his surgery. I nearly have full motion back in my wrist, and am continuing to improve. Dr. Raskin is truly amazing, and everyone who works there is wonderful. I cannot recommend him enough, especially if you feel like your case is a lost cause like I thought my case was.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I feel very lucky to have met Dr. Raskin who was highly recommended by a friend of mine. He is an excellent surgeon who I trust completely and who I now highly recommend. I have never in my life had such a great experience at a Dr.'s office. He truly loves what he does and he is thorough and patient and compassionate and funny. His staff is also excellent. Both Gabrielle and Ashley are so informed and patient and really take time with you. They are available to answer any questions you may have and are very quick to respond to an e-mail or phone message. I have Dupuytrens Contracture and had not had the full use of my hand for 5 years. It was pretty gnarled up and not attractive. He gave me my hand back and I could not be happier with the result. My hand is flat and smooth and I almost can't believe it to this day. I am still so thrilled with the outcome. I felt in such good hands and I can say that I have never felt that complete trust going into a surgery ever before. He is so skilled and he genuinely got excited about restoring the use of my hand. I very highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Over a 6 month period I broke the fifth metacarpal bone in BOTH of my hands from unfortunate accidents with a wall, and a beer bottle. Dr. Raskin and his staff did an incredible job diagnosing my injuries right away and setting me up with the care to properly heal. In both cases he performed corrective surgery to straighten out the bone and secured it with a wire to make sure it healed properly. Post surgery, I was placed in a hard cast for a month, followed by a removable soft cast and finally a month of physical therapy to help rebuild my strength and mobility in my hand. Every experience in the office was very pleasant, especially his fabulous staff, particularly his PA's Gabrielle Lanzetta and Ashley Madsen.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Keith B. Raskin's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1983)