Ratings for Dr. Keith B. Raskin

I saw Dr. Raskin after seeing a different hand surgeon, who, after many months and multiple cortisone shots, told me that there was nothing else he could do for the pain and loss of strength in my dominant hand and wrist. Dr. Raskin started conservatively with a cortisone shot. Unlike all the other shots I have had on various parts of my body, Dr. Raskin utilized an ultrasound to pinpoint the injection exactly into the joint. Unfortunately, the shot did not provide long-term relief. Dr. Raskin suggested surgery, which I agreed to. When I awoke, Dr. Raskin explained to me that he repaired a tendon and expected a full recovery with reinstated use of my hand. As he predicted, so it was. At this point, I have full use and strength in my hand and wrist, and never, ever feel discomfort or weakness. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Raskin. He cares about his patients and is the best of the best. I wouldn't ever think of seeing anyone else.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Dr. Raskin has treated, and treated well, every member of my family. My younger son, a high school baseball catcher and soccer goalie, received immediate and expert attention for injuries over the course of a number of years to nine of his ten fingers. Equally fine care was extended to my husband for sports-related injuries, to me for fall-related broken bones, to my older son, for a work-related hand infection, and to my housekeeper, for a minor surgical issue. Even for non-hand-related issues, we turn first to Dr. Raskin's office for his recommendations regarding the appropriate orthopedic specialist. His replies are both prompt and on the mark. Our entire family is very grateful for his care.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I am grateful to Dr Keith Raskin for saving my finger. I had my index finger cut off in an accident two years ago and went to see him. In spite of my insistence to amputate it completely in my desparation, he patiently managed to reattach it successfully and fully functioning.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Dr. Raskin is hands down, the best surgeon a patient can ever ask for. He saved my hand! Earlier this year I suffered a laceration across 3 digits on my hand while cleaning my shed in Colorado. No big deal, right? I figured I will just go to the ER and get it stitched up and go about my day. I could not be more wrong!!! I get to the ER and they do a quick x-ray and determine that I tore a tendon. Just one. They suggested a I stitch it up and get physical therapy. After being discharged I realized that something was terribly wrong, I could not move any of my fingers. I was referred to Dr. Raskin and was squeezed in for an appointment right away. I flew out the next morning and met with Dr. Raskin who was able to determine within minutes that my injury was more severe than what I was told. I had a severe hand injury involving my flexor tendons and nerves. What did this mean? It meant that if I listened to my first diagnosis, I would not have full function of my dominant hand. I would not be able to make a fist, grab a cup of coffee, walk my dog or do any of the recreational sports that I love. I wouldn’t be able to do simple things I took for granted on a daily basis. I was devastated. On top of my injury I had no insurance and feared he wouldn’t be able to help me but the office manager Yazmin worked out a deal and payment plan with me. Dr. Raskin performed a flexor tendon and nerve repair with the assistance of his marvelous PA Ashley. Within weeks of my surgery I was able to use my hand and within two months of my surgery I was able to make a fist and ride my dirt bike! He is a true miracle worker. Dr. Raskin is an extremely skilled surgeon, who not only creates miracles but has a truly caring personality. He has excellent bed side manners and takes time with his patients. On top of being a Rockstar Surgeon he also has an outstanding team. From his front desk, to his manager Yazmin, his PA Ashley, his xray techs and state of the art surgical facility. I can not thank them enough for all of their help and kindness. Take it from a guy who flew across the country for his surgery with a life altering injury and no insurance, you will not have better results or care from anyone other than Dr. Raskin and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

I have worked with Dr. Raskin for 12 years, witnessing the miracles he performs on his patients. I never thought that I would also be one of those patients. Last year around this time I had a severe fracture of my forearm. Dr. Raskin, with the assistance of our wonderful PA, Ashley Madsen, literally pieced my arm back together again performing an ORIF. I have regained full motion, strength and ability. THANK YOU to my boss and surgeon!!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

best hand specialist in nyc and likely the world. I broker my finger pretty badly and the doctor was patient with me and explained my options. Was my first surgery and i remember being extremely nervous the morning of but when the doctorarrived he made me feel 100% comfortable and i knew my hand was in the right hands. He has tremendous bedside manners and is friendly and patient and no question is a bad question. Came highly recommended and i can now make that same recommendation.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dr Raskin and Ashely Madsen, PA took excellent care of me and I had a great surgical result-- full function of my right hand. Excellent dr-pt communication. Highly recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr. Raskin is hands down (sorry!) the best hand specialist in the city if not the country. Following a botched repair of a severed flexor digitorum superficialis/profundus tendon (the "critical zone") he successfully preformed a tenolysis procedure to release the tendons. He and his extraordinary PA, Ashley Madsen, make an exceptional team. Thanks to them both for giving me the use of my right hand again!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

After he was recommended to me by two different doctors, I had my first surgery with Dr. Raskin several years ago to treat trigger fingers on my left hand. The surgery went perfectly, and my recovery was quick and complete. Then, when my many years of martial arts and intense physical activities had clearly taken their toll, I returned to Dr. Raskin with severe basal thumb arthritis in both hands. Three years ago I had the left thumb done. One year ago I had the right thumb done - with trigger-finger surgery, as well. Treating such severe basal thumb arthritis requires joint-reconstruction surgery, an extremely complex and intricate surgery. Each time, Dr. Raskin did phenomenal work, including repairing surrounding tissues in the wrist that had been damaged by the arthritic joint. Following my physical therapy regimens, I was determined to regain all of my joint strength and functioning – which I did. And this would not have been possible without the technical precision and artistry of Dr. Raskin. I’ve returned to my full weight-training routines, including those for my wrists. And as an avid photographer, musician, and someone who enjoys a variety of crafts, I feel that Dr. Raskin essentially gave my life back to me. He loves his work, and he loves his patients, seeing each as a full human being. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t also mention his incredible PA, Ashely Madsen. Combining tremendous knowledge, empathy, and positivity, she’s always there, every step of the way. Day or night, if you have any concerns, she returns e-mails and calls, explaining everything fully and ensuring any necessary steps are taken. I cannot recommend Dr. Raskin and his team highly enough.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Keith B. Raskin is an extraordinary surgeon who performed complicated surgery on my right wrist and thumb five months ago. I had fallen on the golf course and was initially misdiagnosed by another orthopedist. I was in severe pain and never thought I would play golf again. Now five months later, I am back to playing. Unfortunately I cannot say that I have taken any stokes off my handicap but I have never played better. Most important, I am pain free and enjoying golf again. I unequivocally recommend Dr. Raskin and Ashley Madsen, PA. In addition, their bedside manner and their concern is exceptional. I am so pleased to say they have gotten me back into the game.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Keith B. Raskin's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1983)

Veterans Administration