Ratings for Dr. A. Kronenwald

Dr. Kronenwald has been my families physician for 30 years. We have been through a number of receptionists. However, the new reception(s) are the worst that I have encountered anywhere. They are very rude, intrusive, and lack compassion.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I have been with Dr. Kronenwald for over 30 years because I felt confident in his ability. Also he has always conveyed a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I've never been so disappointed in a medical professional as I was in Dr. Kronenwald. Firstly, the wait times are atrocious (regularly 1.5-2 hours behind schedule). Secondly, he seemed very dismissive or flippant about serious conditions I mentioned I've had in the past. He never seemed to remember what the appointment was regarding so I'd have to continually remind him, direct the appointment, and prompt him with many questions to get any sort of resolution. I had abnormal blood test results and he forgot to mention anything until I prodded him for a follow-up and, as he was walking out the door, he mentioned "Oh yeah, they're no good." No reason, no context, no next steps, nothing. I was shocked! My husband was seeing him as well as was told that his chronic, crippling back pain "was fine" because nothing was broken in his spine. No being able to walk or move some days isn't "fine" just because there isn't a broken vertebra. This doctor is not even close to being up to speed on new research, techniques, etc. My husband and I found new doctors ASAP.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr.Kronenwald was fantastic for my son's circumcision. Sharon (his assistant) was very friendly and explained things very clearly. He did 4 boys in one lot (mine was first) then came out and sat down in the waiting room to talk to the parents (took about an hour for him to do all 4). He gave more info and details about care and what to expect in the coming days with the healing. He also allowed us to ask questions if we had any. He was friendly and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Dr Kronenwald cared for my father at St. Joseph's Villa. He was helpful and compassionate , especially when my father's life was ending. He answered all our questions and offered to have us keep in contact with him in the last hours if we had any concerns. I am grateful for the years of care and kindness he has shown my father before his passing.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

Always runs behind expect to wait 60 to 90 minutes. Very personable and easy to chat with. Basic family physician, if I was really sick would want to see a physician with a little more up to date approach.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

A subperb doctor. Waiting time is someties high, but that is due to the fact he will not send anyone out early just to stay on the clock. Very compasionate and knowledgeable. I fear when he retires.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Hello, what planet are you raters on. If you wait any less than 1 hour in this office, it's definitely a good day. Expect longer!!. I have never seen someone out to grab fees like him. He never used to be like that. Have been with him for 30 years. Take 2 children in, 1 is booked for something, wait for 1.5 hours in waiting room, ask him to look at the other child for less than a 2 minute issue, FORGET IT. You need to return another day and start all over again. Why? Billing. Ask for another opinion or to see a specialist......God help you. Now you have insulted his ability to practice. You have to dance around the issue, and try and make it so he thinks sending you somewhere else is his idea. If there were available doctors, I think his waiting room would be far less of an issue. He really needs to do some soul searching, and maybe it's time to retire.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Has been my doctor since 1978. Kind, compassionate and never rushes you out the door. Always takes the time to listen to what you have to say. You never have to wait very long for an appointment. I consider him irreplaceable.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

I first met Dr. Kronenwald in 1979 while he was still practicing in the hospital, when my husband was hosptalized due to a serious illness and remained in the hospital for 1year 1/2 . Dr Kronenwald gave me so much hope and encouragement and showed an extreme amount of kindness and conpassion When I discovered he was going to be a general practitioner I did not rest until I found out where he was setting up his practice and the rest is history. I am still his patient and through the years while my husband was still living, he gave him great care. He is still the kind and considerate doctor that I met back in 1979

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009