Ratings for Dr. Stephen M. Barnes

If the medical field was populated with more surgeons like Dr. Stephen M. Barnes, patients would be in competent hands. I was a patient of his when he practiced in Rockford, Ill. and I was terribly disappointed when he left the state to practice in Colorado. He is a top-rated surgeon and I've never met a doctor who showed more compassion for the anxiety of patients facing surgery than this man. He is truly a gift to the profession. Those of you living in Colorado who need expertise and a caring physician, seek out Dr. Barnes.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I have to say that Dr Barnes is not only one of the greatest surgeons I've ever met! Not only great surgeon (2× on me &2 LG surgeries in my husband)!! His beside manner is amazing and overall a great experience IF you need surgery!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Very pleased with Dr. Barnes, his surgical skills and after care. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Stephen Barnes is an amazing doctor. He performed a very difficult and long surgery on my husband. We have never had a doctor who takes so much time and concern with a patient and their families. He takes time to explain in detail what will happen and what the outcome will be. He truly cares.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Doctor Barnes did a very difficult surgery on my husband and did indeed save his life. He is a brilliant surgeon. He does the most serious and life threatening operations. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

Dr. Barnes has to be one of the kindest most caring Doctors I have ever come across which is many due to my illness. I was first referred to him by two different Doctors for Gall Bladder problems. He was great through that surgery. He checked in on me whenever he was on the floor and gave me great aftercare as well! Then I went to the ER with stomach pain a year later and following a CT found my appendix needed to be removed immediately. He was not the Doctor on call but left his office immediately upon being called and came to the ER to "comfort" me and let me know that he would be doing the surgery in the early evening even though he was NOT even on call! I found it amazing he would step in and personally take care of me once again! The surgery was once again performed perfectly and I was very pleased once again! His partner Dr. Evans even came to meet me in the pre-op holding area as she had done a very difficult surgery on my husband! Great Group! Very pleased!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

Dr Barnes is a rare Dr who takes time to listen to his patients. He is an excellent surgeon very thourough in his workup. I would reccomend him highly.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Emergency recently brought me to the Hospital for 16 days. Dr Barnes was my surgeon. He led my team of Doctors in great decision making in my care and although we never had to operate, Dr Barnes was there everyday to check in on me and discuss decision making with me. His bedside manner is very caring and a rare quality. I feel he saved my life. In after care, Dr Barnes is very genuine and honest with me and still counsels anytime I need his help. He encourages stopping by for a visit.I would highly recommend him to everyone, as a very knowledgable and caring Doctor. He knows his stuff! Great Doctor!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

I have seen Doctor Barnes on a couple of occasions. The first was during an emergency visit to the hospital when he was the surgeon on call. Essentially the guy saved my life. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and he always made time to stop by 2 or 3 times daily to check on me. He is a rare breed of doctor that truly cares about his patients needs.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Barnes is a rare surgeon in that he is not only an excellent surgeon but he has wonderful bedside manner. He does occasionally run behind in his office visits, but only because he gives each patient as much time as they need to address their concerns and worries. He is very thorough and very caring.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2008

Dr. Stephen M. Barnes's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

UPMC