Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Garrett

First of all, every time I come into this office the staff is always so rude. They always have that attitude like they are better than you and have no time for what you have to ask them...especially the check out woman! I work in a cardiologists office and we have staff members that make everybody feel at home. I don't know where their staff came from. As for Dr. Garrett, I saw him once about coming off of my birth control and he told me basically that I shouldn't when I told him my reasoning for coming off was because I didn't feel comfortable on it and because of all the side affects. He told me "side affects is what you're worried about? You can walk out of my office and get hit by a car right now, there's always gonna be side affects in life" that did not make me feel comforted at all and I told the staff I will never see him again and he will never ever deliver my children. He also had this attitude like I have more important patients to see than a 20 year old girl wanting to come off the birth control. I do not recommend him to anybody!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Garrett's since 1981 when I was a mere 18 years old. I was extremely nervous and did not know what to expect. I was recommended by a friend and I went for my "first" physical. I was pleasantly suprised by Dr. Garrett's chairside manner as he made me feel comfortable and unafraid. He was very easy to talk to and extremely funny. He spent the time to really listen to my concerns and to provide solutions. We made a friendship that has grown over all these years. He has delivered both my children and I was his very first VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarian). He is professional, compassionate, caring, funny but most of all he is extremely knowledgable and good at what he does. Dr. Garrett, Thank you for what you do for each and every one of your patients but most of all thank you for taking such amazing care of me all these years. You are truly an asset to your profession! Linda Mc Neil

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

I have been a pt of Dr Garrett since 1985! He has always been totally professional, great bedside manner and very knowledgable. I am in menopause right now and did not want to go for a physical never mind get weighed but I did. Instead of being mean and telling me that I was overweight which I am well aware of he said to me- " take care of yourself because I like you as a person." Simple and to the point, since then I have scheduled a physical with an internist, my mammo, and bone density test. He knows how to speak to people and really has your best interest in mind. I am also watching what I eat and exercising. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

I recently had a laparoscopic hysterectomy and anticipated a lengthy recovery with lots of pain. I was completely surprised to find I was up and out of the hospital that evening with little discomfort and slept well the first night. I am one week into recovery and count believe how fast and easy it was. I am excited to enjoy the rest of my life. To all of you who are waiting, be brave, its SO worth it!!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Garrett is fantastic! He is patient, thorough , and a wonderful listener. I started going to this practice approximately 4 years ago and am so pleased with the care that I receive. He is a truly brilliant physician.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Dr. Garrett is an amazing doctor. The moment I met him I felt very comfortable with him. I have been putting off for years getting a uterine fibroid removed because I was afraid of the procedure. The moment I met Dr. Garrett the fear of the surgery didn't exist. I had many consultations with other surgeons and every time I left their offices I said oh I can live with this fibroid. My first consultation with Dr. Garrett I knew he was the doctor. I cannot tell you how happy I am. My 6.5 lb fibroid is gone thanks to Dr. Garrett and I feel wonderful. I cannot praise enough.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

takes time to talk to you and understand your questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Dr. Garrett delivered both my children via c-section. Baby #1, I had pre-clampsia & Gestational Diabetes and he was totally on top of both conditions, he has the experience and knowledge to handle anything calmly, this Dr doesn't get rattled about anything! I had an unplanned c-section, and he was great, I was a nervous wreck and he was able to calm me, even held my hand for the spinal since they wouldn't let my husband in. Baby #2 was a planned section with no complications and Dr. Garrett gave me the best care once again. Looking back he has the best bedside manner and he's incredibly funny which really eased the tension of being awake during a major operation. I would recommend Dr. Garrett to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

I consider Dr. Garret a blessing after changing three doctors that never listened to my concerns. I appreciate that he is caring and makes me feel comfortable when I go for a visit. I have a full history of gynecological problems that don't seem a concern anymore thanks to this doctor. I recommend him to anyone who wants to be treated with respect and in a professional manner. I still go to see him even if I have to drive an hour for that.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Have to agree 100% with first poster, Dr Garrett is great. The office staff (other than Anna!) is horrible ... no courtesy, you could stand at the window all day and they wouldn't bother to acknowledge you.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

Dr. Kenneth Garrett's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)