Ratings for Dr. Christen Allaman

Many thanks to Dr. Allaman and his excellent staff. Because of his excellent work I am theoretically glasses free. I will use a prescription though, that clears up my vision even better in my lazy eye. I could wear a contact in it if I wish! Amazing, exciting, and life changing. I had cataracts removed and multi-focal lenses inserted. Truly an awesome experience to see colors and see food!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Allaman and his staff were a blessing.The cataract surgery was quick and completely painless. I don't have the words to describe the results...incredible, amazing, unbelievable! I had been missing out on so much of the beauty of this world! I used to only drive in the slow lane because I couldn't see exit signs until I was almost under them, and I was therefore nervous to drive in unfamiliar areas. Now I drive all over. Put yourself in the hands of this wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I agree with Mr. Nee. I had the identical procedure--cataract removal and (AcrySof iq ReSTOR) multifocal lens implants. I have nothing, but high praise for the procedure and the result I highly recommend Dr. Allaman to anyone needing cataract removal. JOSEPH CURTIS, SANTA CRUZ, CA

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I agree with the other testimonials here. Dr. Allaman is very competent in his speciality. He's removed cataracts from both of my eyes. the surgery was over before I knew it had begun. My recovery was quick & painless. I've recommended him to friends who needed cataract surgery. JIM NEE, Santa Cruz, CA

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Highly recommended. I've been a patient for nearly 10 years. A little over a year ago I had bilateral cataract surgery. After consultation and reflection, I opted for the multifocal lenses. The result was superb. The procedure was easy and the process convenient. I am 20/20 and 20/25, and do not need glasses for distant or close vision. Well worth the additional cost. Dr. Allaman is efficient and responsive to questions; the staff is well-organized, cordial, and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

At age 57, I've just had cataract surgery in both eyes (separated by 3 weeks), with multifocal lenses inserted after surgical astigmatic correction. Pretty high tech stuff. One month removed, it's been a complete success. After 40 years of contacts or glasses, I am really enjoying highly functional vision (I'm already experiencing better then 20/20) without the hassles of these add-ons. My cataracts were slow growing, and at my first referral visit to Dr. Allaman just over two years ago, he advised that my condition did not yet warrant insurance covered replacement. Last year, my right eye was eligible but the left not quite. Earlier this year, both had passed the threshold and I opted to proceed. I appreciated the calm and intelligent assessment and discussions with Dr. Allaman over this time period, where he demonstrated his knowledge and professional ethics. Over the course of two years, I interacted with virtually every staff member in the office (and the adjacent surgical center). They are a very professional, competent, and caring group, showing a high level of patient sensitivity (I also observed how they managed the wide variety of other patients coming and going). No screwups, no dropped balls, no overly rosy promises or predictions. My entire experience went very smoothly. Dr. Allaman seems to be at the top of his game and has a staff and an office culture that matches his proficiency. After my last scheduled follow-up visit, I don't expect to ever see them again. And that's a good thing.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I had cataract surgery with no bad effects. Dr. Allaman are kind and caring, professional and smart. Thank you to you Dr. Allaman and to all the staff for your 5 star care.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr Allaman is amazing. I had radial keratotomy thirty years ago and had over thirty slices in each eye to get my vision correct back then. Dr Allaman did my cataract surgery and was able to peal back the lense without tearing it. I could not see to drive t night before and now I can drive at night in the rain and fog! He is the best doctor in the multiverse in my opinion!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Allaman treated my dry eye condition and performed cataract surgery for me in July. I was quite impressed with the ease of the procedure, the professionalism and patience of the entire surgical staff, and most of all, the wonderful outcome! There was absolutely no discomfort during as well as after the surgery. I am ecstatic by my clarity of vision, especially by how bright all the colors are now. The Toric IOL implant has really changed the way I view life. Dr. Allaman is extremely professional, patient, and very personable. He explained every detail and I never felt rushed in his office. All the employees, from the front office to the technicians, were always pleasant, courteous, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Dr. Allaman for any eye condition you might have.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Christen Allaman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • Spanish

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1992)

AARP
Healthnet
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Wellpoint

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Many thanks to Dr. Allaman and his excellent staff. Because of his excellent work I am theoretically glasses free. I will use a prescription though, that clears..."

May 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Allaman and his staff were a blessing.The cataract surgery was quick and completely painless. I don't have the words to describe the results...incredible,..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Despite 2 cataracts (one growing rapidly) complicated by a cornea problem in my left eye, his surgery gave me immediate clear, color infused vision!"

April 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I agree with Mr. Nee. I had the identical procedure--cataract removal and (AcrySof iq ReSTOR) multifocal lens implants. I have nothing, but high praise for th..."

February 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the other testimonials here. Dr. Allaman is very competent in his speciality. He's removed cataracts from both of my eyes. the surgery was over bef..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Highly recommended. I've been a patient for nearly 10 years. A little over a year ago I had bilateral cataract surgery. After consultation and reflection, I ..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "At age 57, I've just had cataract surgery in both eyes (separated by 3 weeks), with multifocal lenses inserted after surgical astigmatic correction. Pretty hi..."

December 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had cataract surgery with no bad effects. Dr. Allaman are kind and caring, professional and smart. Thank you to you Dr. Allaman and to all the staff for y..."

December 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Allaman is amazing. I had radial keratotomy thirty years ago and had over thirty slices in each eye to get my vision correct back then. Dr Allaman did my cat..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Allaman treated my dry eye condition and performed cataract surgery for me in July. I was quite impressed with the ease of the procedure, the professionali..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In May, Dr. Allaman performed surgery on both eyes removing cataracts, inserting istents, and implanting intraocular lens. Today I can see without contacts or ..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr Allaman!!! I was legally blind and Dr Allaman did surgery on both eyes and now I can see perfect. Really changed my life. "

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Allaman performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes plus implanted a toric lens to correct my astigmatism. He did a great job and I would recommend him t..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Allaman is the best, and his staff is wonderful. Everyone in the office seems to be determined to me having my eyesight and eye health be the best it can..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Perfect work, excellent experience Dr. Allaman and his office staff is top notch. I’ll make a special call-out to his assistants Lauren and Laura, but the re..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Christen Allaman's knowledge and skills as an eye surgeon are a 5 star gift to humanity. I had cataract surgery and he supported me all the way. The resul..."

March 25, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "95060" to "95065". Address has been updated from "None" to "1665 Dominican Way". Suite has been updated from "None" to "Ste 122".

March 18, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drallaman.com" to "http://drallaman.com".

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This guy is pretty good at what he does fixed my cataracts, thank you sir and god bless America"

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Allaman was extremely good. Very easy cataract surgery and he and his staff called to check on me. I would definitely recommend him."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My cataract surgery was wonderful. Very easy with the helpful staff. I'm so glad I had it done."

February 22, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.drallaman.com". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "831-476-1298".

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Allaman offers a well run fully staffed and busy office practice. Staff offers well articulated vision care and is very clear about their findings and recomm..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Allaman is very caring and helpful. I have complete faith in his care of my eyes. He recently implanted premire lenses to replace my very old tired worn o..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had two cataract surgeries (Left and Right Eyes) and had great results! I can see better now than ever! Dr. Allaman is a talented surgeon with a ki..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "there isn't a better opthamologist ANYWHERE than dr allaman. extremely knowledgeable, personable, and sincerely interested in helping your eyes. he also opera..."

November 29, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=142666'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 17, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=142666'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 5, 2014