You may also like

Rate Dr. Christen Allaman

Dr. Christen Allaman's Ratings

Today, for the first time since 3rd grade (and I’m old) I can see 20/20 in both eyes without glasses or contacts. Miracles do happen thanks to Dr. Allaman. Upon the diagnosis of cataracts, Dr, Allaman recommended a lens implant. I took his advice. The operation was short and painless. The cataract and astigmatism are gone, and my vision is perfect. In only one day after surgery, I can read a book, and see the stars all by myself. Dr. Allaman, you are the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2013

Excellent care, staff was knowledgeable, listened and were attentive. Dr. Allaman demonstrated great skill in performing my two lens implants. I experienced no pain and was able to go to work within a few hours following each surgery.Before and after the procedures Dr. Allaman spent time with me explaining the procedure and was available to answer questions. In the surgery suit I noted that he took exceptional care to prevent infection and he charted each procedure immediately after coming out of surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I received excellent service when Dr. Allaman removed a cataract and inserted a Zoric lens to correct astigmatism as well. He is extremely knowledgeable, concerned, and has good follow-up as well as prep. He is personally involved at every step. I can see with greater clarity, perceive colors more vibrantly and have more light. I highly recommend him for this procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Have every confidence that Dr Allaman "knows his stuff". He has keep glaucoma at bay for many years. He also performed cataract surgery and urged me to get permanent lenses inserted;since I wore glasses/contacts since age 13 it has been a real pleasure not wearing glasses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

I am both an avid reader and a birder who recently had cataract surgery in both eyes. What a revelation! I can now see so much and so clearly that other birders are surprised when I can spot things far, far away and see colors I have only guessed at in the recent past. Since I opted for the simple distance lens implants, I need glasses to read and that vision too is excellent. Besides the surgery was a snap and I was able to see very clearly the day after the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Allaman and his staff to anyone contemplating this surgery. Just look up Allaman Eye Care if you want professional and caring service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Specializes in Cataract surgery. I am 71 and had 20/600 vision (acute myopia) with no astimatism. Three weeks later I have perfect vision. The doctor is very business like, very knowledgeable and has an excellent staff. We were told he is the best cataract doctor on the Northern California coast and that proved to be true.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I AM TYPING THIS ON MY COMPUTER WITHOUT WEARING GLASSES, TO DAYS AFTER HAVING CATARACTS ON MY LEFT (WORST) EYE REMOVED AND THE NEW LENS PLACED. HAVE BEEN WEARING GLASSES FOR OVER 40 YEARS, NOW TWO DAYS AFTER SURGERY CAN DO MOST THINGS WITHOUT WEARING ANY CORRECTION, EVEN THOUGH THE RIGHT (BEST) EYE IS STILL TO BE DONE. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!! THE SURGERY WAS QUICK, THE FOLLOWUP WAS QUICK, STAFF IS GREAT, VERY CARING, ANSWERS QUESTIONS, DEALS WITH FEARS IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I had a most easy surgery on both eyes removing cataracts and implanting lens I now have 20/20 or better vision. No pain. Most pleasant staff at both surgery and in-office. All very helpful I would highly recommend this doctor. He is wonderful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Dr. Allaman is excellent. I had very, very bad cataracts with high myopia and astigmatism. Now I see perfectly - better than 20/20! The surgery was absolutely painless and not at all frightening. I was impressed with the care he took to prevent infection and swelling. Each appointment I go to, I wait an average of 1 to 2 minutes. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He really knows what he is doing, and you can see the results. I got toric lenses because of my astigmatism, and I am extremely happy with them. I would highly, highly recommend Dr. Allaman. I have been on cloud nine ever since my surgery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2012

Dr. Allaman and his entire staff have been so very caring, helpful and very knowledgeable. The surgery was so very helpful and I will always be so grateful for the excellent results I have received. I cared for my husband for many years and he finaly lost all his eye sight so I am aware of what that those for a persons whole life. y husband passed on in 2011. I feel truly blessed that Dr.Allaman did such a fantastic surgery for me. Thank you, Patricia Donnellan

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907660].votes_count ]]