Ratings for Dr. William E. O'Malley

I had my surgery with Dr O'Malley in 2000. I had actually researched the surgery for 8 years prior as I was scared to death to do this. What I found was that he'd never had a death. His patients do not vomit. His patients didn't suffer complications. And, they seemed to have a better longterm weight loss than patients of other surgeons. And if patients come back for a revision, he does the best with again, no shortterm or longterm complications. My research was right! And truthfully, it's all that matters, as other surgeons cannot compare to his results.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Rude, rude, rude! I cannot believe this man. Performed my surgery, and because I kept calling to get an appointment, he refused to talk to me! Obnoxious... money is a b***h!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Good if you want RNY only. But If I had it to do over again, I would travel for my surgery and avoid Dr O like the plague.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Dr. O'Malley is wonderful at what he does. He was at my bedside after my Gastric Bypass twice a day for the 3 days I was in the hospital. He is very knowledgeable and has a lot of respect among the nurses and the other doctors! Being a specialist,I didn't see him much before or after my surgery but I felt confident in his ability to perform my gastric bypass.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

Good surgeon terrible bedside manor, very rude and did not call our family after our loved one got out of surgery for 4-5 hours after (over triple the amount of time they are suppose to wait) we were worried sick and didn't hear a thing from Dr. O'Malley or his staff. Someone needs to be in charge of doctors and tell them this is unprofessional and unacceptable.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Dr. William O'Malley is the very best. I had no problems at all and he only uses one incision for the entire operation. I would recommend him to everyone, if you are lucky enough to be in this area. The one night over night is worth the great care they give you at Highland Hospital. The staff was so pleasant and helpful, the entire experience was great. I have read so many complaints on the net and now that I have been there I really can't agree. Even the x-ray of stomach wasn't near as bad as some people make it out to be. Some people complain about the liquid you have to drink, well I have to say it wasn't really all that bad. Thank you all for your care and knowledge that helped me!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

I was Dr. O'Malley's first Canadian patient in Dec, 2002. I had a lap RNY and lost 135 lbs in about 9 months, no complications whatsoever. The weight is still off, too, and my BMI is 25. I have nothing but excellent things to say about my whole experience.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

Dr. O is the best surgeon in the area ... I highly recommend him to anyone looking into RNY (gastric bypass). He did my surgery in 8/06, and I lost 155 lbs. The only downside is that I never saw Dr. O after I left the hospital, but his PA was excellent!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

once the surgery is done the staff will have you call your primary care dr every time you have a problem. good with a knife only

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Fantastic doctor and staff. I have been a patient for 6 years and have never had any problems -- very attentive, knowledgeable and always very encouraging.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Dr. William E. O'Malley's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)