Ratings for Dr. Karen M. Acevedo-Mogharbel

This is hands down the worst doctor I have ever come in contact with. Awful. Will never be going back and will never recommend her to anyone!! Blew me off with shortness of breath and fatigue because I made the mistake of telling her my husband, a medical student, heard something unusual with my heart. She said my heart was fine, and that he needed to invest in a better stethoscope. I was so humiliated and couldn't get out of the office fast enough. Saw a different doctor, and after an echocardiogram, was diagnosed with a tricuspid valve regurgitation. If she had taken the time to order further tests, she would have seen that my medical student husband in fact DID hear something unusual.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I am so disappointed with Dr. Mogharbel's office. I will never go there again and I would discourage anyone from seeking their help! Getting an appointment is absolutely ridiculous, the staff is consistently rude (both in person and on the phone) and they refuse to refill prescriptions unless you come in to see the doctor all the time. Which, IMO, is milking insurance. Today, the office clerk was so rude and disrespectful to me on the phone, not only calling me stupid but also telling me that if I have a problem, then I should take it up with the White House (???)! Please, take my advice and stay far, far away from these people. They are obviously not right in the head and should no longer be in business.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Terrible! With the exception of Mark, the office staff is absurdly incompetent and rude. The Dr. is condescending, short-tempered, rude, and has zero bedside manner. She is lazy and will exert the least amount of energy necessary to get to the end of the appointment. With the exception of smirking, rolling her eyes and otherwise making you feel like an idiot for asking any questions. It might not be so bad if she were actually a competent doctor but she isn't. Do yourself a favor and check out her partner Stacia Kage(sp). I've never actually seen her but when I get her on the phone after hrs she is kind, thorough, courteous, respectfull, compassionate, knowledgeable and most importantly, communicative. In my limited experience, she is everything Dr. Acevedo is not. Then again, a potato with a stethoscope is probably a better doctor than Dr. Acevedo.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr MOG harbor is the best physician I have ever dealt with not only is she friendly she saved my life . It was my first visit with her I didn't know her and she didn't know me. During my visit I started having chest pains she immediately responded to it she didn't just ignore it at all considering I was not there for pain but a routine exam. She went through the proper steps. Considering I might be having a heart attack she administered aspirin to me and called 911 and monitored me directly considering she had other patients. I will always be great full for her and her staff. Because if she had just sent me home with pain meds I would have died I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism on my lung and if nothing was done by her I wouldn't be here today. For that I owe her everything I was able to be here to see my first grandson be born and get married for the first time to the love of my life. We have become not only doctor patient relationship but I consider her my friend. So all of you who have negative things to say she maybe telling you what is good for you not what you want to hear. I say give her a chance don't judge so quickly I could have and paid the price with my life. She is truly a loving and wise doctor. I refer her to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Worst doctor ever!!! I met her for the first time, she is not friendly and she won't make any eye contact. I had a bad vibe about her the first time and she is so rude!! My husband also went to see her the first time and she refused to subscribe pain medication!!! I will not go back to her again!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Karen was both knowledgeable, and a caring physician, who worked to find the cause if an illness as well as dealing with the symptome. She has an excellent bedside manner and will do all she can to find the cause of an issue, and will send you to a specialist if she cannot help.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Worst Doctor I have ever seen or heard of, Hand down!!! I was seeing Dr. Acevedo-Mogharbel when I was diagnosed with a Brian Tumor. She had JUST GIVEN me Pain Medication and sent me on my way. Still I returned thinking the oversight was because I was a relatively new patient. Also, 1 person in the entire office seemed to really care how I was feeling-Mark the receptionist. When I returned for follow up, after emergency surgery, she seemed cold and rushed through my exams. Finally, I came to the office with an extreme case of anxiety. I waited for 2 1/2 hours to see her and SHE YELLED AT ME FOR NOT HAVING AN APPOINTMENT THAT DAY! I had an appt the next week, but needed to see her right away. I could not stop crying, and just asked for a low dose anxiety med. This Doctor allowed me to leave the office crying so hard I could barely see! Only Mark had the kindness to ask if I was driving. I ONLY returned to get records she refused to send my new Dr!!!!!!!! Awful experience!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Went to this dr 4x last appt about depression I have battled for 15 yrs. She told me I just need to learn how to deal with life. Terrible dr. Total lack of compassion. Good for sending you for lab work and to other drs for care. No bed side manner. Walks around with a scowl on her face. Talks about her staff stating they are incompetent. Will never go back and would NEVER recommend.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012

Dr. Mogharbel is the only doctor that ever really listened to me and allowed me to finish spesaking rather than cut me off with a snap diagnosis. I had been mis diagnosed for over 10 years by doctors that overlooked the obvious...... I was a diabetic. Others had disregarded that diabetes runs in my family and had treated me for all manner of issues, unsuccessfully. Dr. Mogharbel listened to me, had me do some tests, weighed the results and has been treating me for diabetes ever since. That was 9 years ago and I truly believe she saved my life because she listened to me and did not make a snap diagnosis she made a properly calculated diagnosis. My diabetes is under control now as well as my COPD and arthritis. I am not an easy man to treat, a difficult patient at best, and she has the patience to set that aside and care for me. Thanks Doc, I am alive thanks to you.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012

HORRIBLE! she is so rude! im 19 & i have no boobs. I went in with really bad pain in what i do have for breasts & when she examined them she goes "wow you have baby boobs" how rude is that to say? Then i asked a question about my tummy because it sticks out like im pregnant & it always has since i was a baby and im tired of being asked if im pregnant b/c im not. I have never been over weight until recently and its only by like 10 lbs for what i should be at my height and weight and she tells me "your lazy you have no stomach muscles." i work out at lease 3 times a week. I am not lazy. I also have seen her for back pain i have had for 8 months. It took me 5 visits to get an xray done. Every time i ask a question or bring up what it could be she responds to me like my questions are such a hassle to her. My fiance thinks shes great & thats why i went to her. He went in with me for the first time and after was like wow she is a lot nicer to me than she is you.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr. Karen M. Acevedo-Mogharbel's Credentials

• Southeastern College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 2000)