Ratings for Dr. John Dimock

This doctor is strongly NOT recommended. I say this because after two years of appointments with Dr. John Dimock my mental health has worsened. I feel sadder, more hopeless, more confused, more suicidal and definitely more anxious. The anxiety is so overwhelming it causes me to "freeze up" at times rendering me unable to speak or move. This doctor will take away medication without offering any alternative treatment or any alternative method of coping. This doctor doesn't listen. He will get an idea that a medication is working ..... no matter how much you tell him it's not ..... and he will prescribe buckets of it for you. But the medication does nothing. And you told him that. But he didn't hear it, it seems. Or he chose not to. Needless to say I'm no longer seeing Dr. John Dimock. I don't know what next steps will be but I'm certain they'll be better than this.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Lazy, just collecting the appointment money and waisting my time. I won't go back, seen this doctor makes me feel even more depressed and hopeless.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

A bizarre character. Agree with all previous comments re ego issues; strangely for a man so pleased with himself, he's quite a crass, lewd, grasping and vulgar sort of lower-class fellow. Ribald comments about teevee celebrities' cleavage (etc) were routine, uninvited parts of the conversation. He would be an amusing person to chat with while half in the bag in a dive bar. Medical knowledge seemed totally absent. His prescribing skills are abysmal.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Totally useless. He's trying to rebuild his reputation on here. Shelly made the right move.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr.D is a great doctor for me. He helped me through my problems and that is all I need in a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

I found Dr. Dimock an excellent psychiatrist. He is located in Stittsville (Carp & Main) in a medical clinic, and the wait time was amazing! I got an appointment within a month of the referral. We set up goals for me to reach, and within a couple of years, we reached them, my self confidence growing all the while. He, intuitive, he listens and really knows medications and their interactions. He helped me through a really tough Christmas, talked me through it, and reminded me to use my cognitive behavioural therapy skills. I found him personable and like a real person, not stuffy like other psychiatrists. We would have about a 2 - 3 minute exchange (like how was your week) and he'd make me laugh with his funny stories. Then we'd get down to business. I strongly recommend him for anyone who wants to make positive changes in their lives, not just keep with the status quo. The medical clinic he works with is just above a grocer (Independent). After my appointment, I'd pick up supper for the family!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

This guy is terrible. Although I didn't mind his sarcastic dry humor as I'm kind of similar, he really did talk about himself a lot. And took me off my adhd medication which I was on for 4 years prior and put me on a longer lasting one even though I have severe problems with insomnia which caused me to lose 35 pounds in 3 months. Instead of taking responsibility, he asked me if I was addicted to coke. I'm a student, I can barely afford school, when would I have time to do coke? also took me off all my meds and put me on topiramate. I told him I was thinking of going through with my suicide plan & he replied with " I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that" I didn't go back to see him after that.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr dimock was great when I went to get checked out. Very professional.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Seems more concerned with ego than patient care..told my pharmacist to "stop bothering him"...wow...Time to retire. Also found him rude, seemed to be more concerned with his opinion rather than clinical fact..terrible "bed side manner"....just seemed that everything was a nuisance and beyond him. Nice....

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

this is a pseudo-psychiatrist, late, rude, enjoys making crude remarks, this guy will set you back farther than when you started, stay away at all cost. There is a reason he doesn't have a waiting list for appointments.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015