You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Dimock

A bizarre character. Agree with all previous comments re ego issues; strangely for a man so pleased with himself, he's quite a crass, lewd, grasping and vulgar sort of lower-class fellow. Ribald comments about teevee celebrities' cleavage (etc) were routine, uninvited parts of the conversation. He would be an amusing person to chat with while half in the bag in a dive bar. Medical knowledge seemed totally absent. His prescribing skills are abysmal.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

I found Dr. Dimock an excellent psychiatrist. He is located in Stittsville (Carp & Main) in a medical clinic, and the wait time was amazing! I got an appointment within a month of the referral. We set up goals for me to reach, and within a couple of years, we reached them, my self confidence growing all the while. He, intuitive, he listens and really knows medications and their interactions. He helped me through a really tough Christmas, talked me through it, and reminded me to use my cognitive behavioural therapy skills. I found him personable and like a real person, not stuffy like other psychiatrists. We would have about a 2 - 3 minute exchange (like how was your week) and he'd make me laugh with his funny stories. Then we'd get down to business. I strongly recommend him for anyone who wants to make positive changes in their lives, not just keep with the status quo. The medical clinic he works with is just above a grocer (Independent). After my appointment, I'd pick up supper for the family!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

This guy is terrible. Although I didn't mind his sarcastic dry humor as I'm kind of similar, he really did talk about himself a lot. And took me off my adhd medication which I was on for 4 years prior and put me on a longer lasting one even though I have severe problems with insomnia which caused me to lose 35 pounds in 3 months. Instead of taking responsibility, he asked me if I was addicted to coke. I'm a student, I can barely afford school, when would I have time to do coke? also took me off all my meds and put me on topiramate. I told him I was thinking of going through with my suicide plan & he replied with " I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that" I didn't go back to see him after that.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr dimock was great when I went to get checked out. Very professional.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Seems more concerned with ego than patient care..told my pharmacist to "stop bothering him"...wow...Time to retire. Also found him rude, seemed to be more concerned with his opinion rather than clinical fact..terrible "bed side manner"....just seemed that everything was a nuisance and beyond him. Nice....

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

this is a pseudo-psychiatrist, late, rude, enjoys making crude remarks, this guy will set you back farther than when you started, stay away at all cost. There is a reason he doesn't have a waiting list for appointments.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

This guy should be seeing a psychiatrist not acting as one. Look at his ratings in November 2014 and you will see two 5 star ratings. Read those comments. I wonder who wrote them? What kind of doctor acts as his own shill on a ratings website? I mean seriously wtf? This guy's behaviour would be hilarious if it wasn't so harmful to the most vulnerable people. Thankfully for myself I managed to find an actual professional.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr. John Dimock's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A bizarre character. Agree with all previous comments re ego issues; strangely for a man so pleased with himself, he's quite a crass, lewd, grasping and vulgar ..."

November 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Totally useless. He's trying to rebuild his reputation on here. Shelly made the right move."

September 22, 2015

September 22, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr.D is a great doctor for me. He helped me through my problems and that is all I need in a doctor."

July 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Dimock an excellent psychiatrist. He is located in Stittsville (Carp & Main) in a medical clinic, and the wait time was amazing! I got an appoin..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This guy is terrible. Although I didn't mind his sarcastic dry humor as I'm kind of similar, he really did talk about himself a lot. And took me off my adhd me..."

July 9, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "K2E0" to "K2G 6E2". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 1 Centrepointe Dr". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16137863102".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr dimock was great when I went to get checked out. Very professional."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Seems more concerned with ego than patient care..told my pharmacist to "stop bothering him"...wow...Time to retire. Also found him rude, seemed to be more con..."

March 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "this is a pseudo-psychiatrist, late, rude, enjoys making crude remarks, this guy will set you back farther than when you started, stay away at all cost. There ..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This guy should be seeing a psychiatrist not acting as one. Look at his ratings in November 2014 and you will see two 5 star ratings. Read those comments. I w..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "On my first visit he started out by talking with his mouthful and asked me a few queations after. Then spent approximately 25 minutes complaining about his ex w..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dimock is calm, intense listener, systematic, caring, and willing to be tough on you, if it solves root issues."

November 16, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He was 20 minutes late, consistently confrontational and accusatory, and did not allow me to discuss my symptoms. I won't be filling the prescription he gave m..."

November 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This site is unbelievable. This doctor has no staff-runs a busy practice alone, yet gets 3 stars for staff. Need one say more about this useless and slanderou..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "saw him for three sessions, the worst things is that you felt better before seeing him."

October 9, 2014
  • City changed from "Ottawa" to "Nepean"

September 25, 2013