You may also like

Rate Dr. John Dimock

Dr. John Dimock's Ratings

Dr.D is a great doctor for me. He helped me through my problems and that is all I need in a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2876510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

I found Dr. Dimock an excellent psychiatrist.
He is located in Stittsville (Carp & Main) in a medical clinic, and the wait time was amazing! I got an appointment within a month of the referral.
We set up goals for me to reach, and within a couple of years, we reached them, my self confidence growing all the while. He, intuitive, he listens and really knows medications and their interactions. He helped me through a really tough Christmas, talked me through it, and reminded me to use my cognitive behavioural therapy skills.
I found him personable and like a real person, not stuffy like other psychiatrists. We would have about a 2 - 3 minute exchange (like how was your week) and he'd make me laugh with his funny stories. Then we'd get down to business.
I strongly recommend him for anyone who wants to make positive changes in their lives, not just keep with the status quo.
The medical clinic he works with is just above a grocer (Independent). After my appointment, I'd pick up supper for the family!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2872481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

This guy is terrible. Although I didn't mind his sarcastic dry humor as I'm kind of similar, he really did talk about himself a lot. And took me off my adhd medication which I was on for 4 years prior and put me on a longer lasting one even though I have severe problems with insomnia which caused me to lose 35 pounds in 3 months. Instead of taking responsibility, he asked me if I was addicted to coke. I'm a student, I can barely afford school, when would I have time to do coke? also took me off all my meds and put me on topiramate. I told him I was thinking of going through with my suicide plan & he replied with " I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that" I didn't go back to see him after that.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2861304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr dimock was great when I went to get checked out. Very professional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2816886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Seems more concerned with ego than patient care..told my pharmacist to "stop bothering him"...wow...Time to retire. Also found him rude, seemed to be more concerned with his opinion rather than clinical fact..terrible "bed side manner"....just seemed that everything was a nuisance and beyond him. Nice....

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2754856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

this is a pseudo-psychiatrist, late, rude, enjoys making crude remarks, this guy will set you back farther than when you started, stay away at all cost. There is a reason he doesn't have a waiting list for appointments.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2753492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

This guy should be seeing a psychiatrist not acting as one. Look at his ratings in November 2014 and you will see two 5 star ratings. Read those comments. I wonder who wrote them? What kind of doctor acts as his own shill on a ratings website? I mean seriously wtf? This guy's behaviour would be hilarious if it wasn't so harmful to the most vulnerable people. Thankfully for myself I managed to find an actual professional.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2700633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

On my first visit he started out by talking with his mouthful and asked me a few queations after. Then spent approximately 25 minutes complaining about his ex wife leaving him the day before. Also completely made fun of me, saying i must be a drug addict cause of the town i grew uo in. I went back for a follow up on the meds he gave me for borderline personality disorderand again complained about his ex wife, asking me over and over if I knew a woman named Amy, which I dont. Once again made fun of where I grew up, and then said I must be steal from work cause thats what people like me do. Also when I told him I want to kill myself he told me to not think of it it and just be happy. Horrible psychiatrist, arrogant, and extremely unprofessional. Surprised he hasnt been sued yet.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2628738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Dr. Dimock is calm, intense listener, systematic, caring, and willing to be tough on you, if it solves root issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

He was 20 minutes late, consistently confrontational and accusatory, and did not allow me to discuss my symptoms. I won't be filling the prescription he gave me, since he wrote it without ever allowing me to talk about my symptoms, and I certainly won't be taking him up on his suggestion that I return to him for therapy. Seeing him was a hugely discouraging experience.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2612241].votes_count ]]