Ratings for Dr. John W. Annable

500 characters won't make a dent explaining my distaste for this doctor so I'll list what I can. Rude - Interrupted/spoke over me every time I spoke - He wasted the entire visit talking about bad government and the 50 billion in new taxes on big pharma - He only addressed 1 of my 4 concerns (an easy prescription refill) - He only cares about your money, he needs you to come back so he wastes your time and $ - He insinuated that I was lying when I told him I wasn't aware we only had 15 minutes

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Arrogant and rude. No bedside manner. He is not professional at all and is only interested in lecturing you about his chosen topic. I think he missed his calling... He shouldn't be caring for people as a doctor, because to do that you actually have to listen, he should have been a lecturer or teacher since he uses his exam rooms for this purpose anyways. He didn't even exam me, just told me to come back in 3 months. Don't waste your time or money, choose another PCP.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

This was by far the worst Dr's visit I have ever experienced. I had a few issues I wanted to discuss with Dr.Annable, which I had listed and explained to the nurse, so I'm assuming she gave him notes on this. The nurse was great, friendly and professional. However, when the Dr. came in, and I explained my first concern to him he told me he had never seen that problem in ALL his years of practicing medicine (although every woman in my family has had this issue), but if I INSISTED he would order a blood test. He continued for about 45 min, talking in a very condescending matter, not even asking me questions about why I have a concern about this certain issue, or noting my family medical history, or my personal health history. At the end of the visit, he went off on a completely unrelated tangent for the last 5 min of the visit, then stood up to leave the room. He hadn't even examined me, literally, in about an hour the only time he touched me was to shake my hand when I entered the room. I was so flustered and taken aback by the hour lecture he had given me about how Organic produce is basically BS, mercury poisoning from eating fish every day doesn't exist, and that I needed to "get over" my aversion to animal products, that when he stood up to leave, I really just wanted to get out of there. The other two issues I wanted to discuss were not even addressed. After having been in the office for over an hour and a half at this point, and realizing that this Doctor was never going to listen to me, I decided I'd just call my insurance later and choose another PCP. I would not go back to see him, and would not recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

He is very rude and unhelpful. Every time I made an appt. to see him, I would see the endocrinologist. That went on for almost 2 years. When I finally met him for the first time, he felt the need to talk about how patients need to make more appointments with their doctors, so that money is not docked from them (the doctors!) He has terrible bedside manner and failed to build a relationship with me. When I needed a prescription refilled, he denied it because I hadn't made another appt. to see him!!!! When it's HIS JOB to let me know when I need to come in for visit. I shouldn't have to make an unnecessary doctor's appt. just so HE can get paid!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

The avg wait time is 1.5 hours per visit. He never looks at my charts (med history) and the visits usually focus on his favorite topic (politics, history, etc) rather than my medical issue. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2009

You wait hours past your appt. time, they constantly lose your chart. He will see you for no more than 3 mins. He and his staff lied. I had some cysts that needed to be removed and they take 45 mins to be removed, after the 3rd visit he and his assisstant say that my insurance no longer cover this precedure, I call my insurance later and find that they still cover it. He makes more in those 45 mins seeing other patients at 3 mins a piece that he does not want to help patients that require more time. His staff are useless, always making mistakes, takes forever to get a referal from them... I could go on forever listing out the problems with this practice, but I believe I have made my point. Nothing I have wrote is a lie and I have personally experienced these events.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

The wait can be either long (30 min) or short (not at all). The doctor takes time to listen to your concerns and doesn't just rush in and out like other doctors. Very kind and knowledgeable too. He does like to talk though so if he gets started on some other topic, it may be a bit hard to get him to stop. I am quite satisfied though.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

I have a crappy HMO, so I know to expect a wait. So few doctor's offices even take HMO's anymore. Dr. Annale is great. I find him to be caring and attentive. His staff has always been polite and courteous.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

the wait is painfully long! i've waited up to 90 minutes for a quick 2 minute consultation. i typically schedule my dr appts first thing in the morning...9am and typically walk out of his office just before 11am. he doesn't take the time to listen to my concerns and get to the root of the problem. its not worth going for visits to investigate a health concern because the wait time is SO LONG! i would rather continue suffering than have to wait to see him and get no where with my consultation. the majority of the staff there is very snooty and not polite at all!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

The wait in his office is VERY long but he is a caring and knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

Dr. John W. Annable's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1965)