Ratings for Dr. Sharon K. Muenchow

We found Dr. Muenchow to be very caring and takes however much time with her patients as necessary, which makes her run late. I would rather have a doctor who takes her time rather than one who rushes through, unless in an emergent situation. She follows you out to the front desk and makes sure you don't have any more questions or concerns. Luckily she told us when she wanted to do surgery because the receptionist wasn't aware. Once I contacted the office inquiring about the surgery date because a day had gone by, the receptionist immediately got the referral approved for the surgery for the next business day. Dr. Muenchow was on time for my 3 month old's hernia repair and there were no complications. The follow-up appointment could have been faster than it was as everything looked good, but she took her time to answer any questions and concerns we had. She is one of the few doctors that I don't feel us rushed out. We have had a positive experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

Sharon Muenchow is unreliable even in an emergency, which is what we had. Because of her neglect, my child's life has been forever ruined and she must be on artificial means for survival. The hospital she's affiliated with (Huntington Memorial) is aware of her problems, yet has chosen to do nothing about them. It's a shame really, she used to be a very good surgeon, but time has left her jaded and uncaring. If a surgeon cannot be punctual (several hours late, at best) and cannot be relied upon, what good is she?

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

Dr. Sharon K. Muenchow's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1972)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal