Ratings for Dr. Gay L. Gustafson

very caring doctor that's listens to all your issues and cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

My appointment was scheduled for 12:30 and by 1:10pm, I still had not been seen, nor was I updated as to when she might be in to examine me. I ABSOLUTELY HATE when physician's only value their own time, but not their patient's. If you are more than 15 minutes late, or cancel in less than a 24 hour period before your scheduled appointment, they are sure to bill and reschedule you, yet they will make the patient wait with no regard for their schedule. Completely unprofessional! I walked out before being seen after waiting 40 minutes. Oh, one last thing.....they set their clock in the exam room for 20 minutes behind the real time, to make you think you haven't been waiting forever. According to their clock, I had only been waiting 20 minutes instead of 40 minutes, which was the reality. UNACCEPTABLE!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Great doctor, very interested in my care vs quick to recommend surgery. Feet are feeling great and I am pain free. Excellent care. Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

I sat in the treatment for 45 minutes. When she walked into the treatment room she flashed me a smile and asked me how I was doing. I told her I’d been waiting so long I was thinking about getting up and going home. In a voice best directed toward a small child she said “Oh, you need a hug”, as if I was just having a bad day. I feel I deserved an apology and explanation for having been kept waiting; not some sarcastic remark. She then sat on a stool, began examining my feet, and said “You’re not diabetic, are you?” That was the purpose of my regular visits to her - for diabetic foot care. Apparently she’d not taken 30 seconds to glance at my medical records prior to coming into the room. During the appointment she told me I’d benefit from rubbing a certain ointment on my feet and that she’d phone my pharmacist to prescribe it before the end of the day. When a week passed without her calling my pharmacy, I had to phone her and remind her to do so.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

This is the 3rd podiatrist I've seen in my life, and without a doubt the best care I've ever received. The whole staff is friendly, yet professional, from the moment you walk in the door until the time you leave. Extra kudos to Veronica, who set me up for the doctor. The doctor spent a lot of time asking questions about my feet, and listening to my concerns. I never felt rushed through and in fact the doctor took a lot of time giving me the best foot care I have ever received. This is the kind of place you look forward to returning to for further care. I highly recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

She was great and got me good orthotics but she moved away from Albuquerque to Durango.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

A very caring , understanding and knowledgable podiatrist

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

She is my doctor. I found her to be very caring and ethical. I had seen another podiatirst before seeing her, who would jump on any opportunity to cut and do surgery that was not needed. I am glad that I switched over. She helped with my foot pain without surgery but with a lot of knowldege, patience and caring. She is not after making money from your insurance, but rather tries hard to help you out.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2008

I went in for chronic ingrown toenails. I waited almost an hour for my first consultation, during which I was told I could have my nails permanently reshaped to prevent the problem. We agreed I would schedule an appointment to do so two months in the future when I would not be traveling. In the interim she cut away a portion of the toenails that were bothering me and we had a whole discussion on what I could use for a small fungal infection given the fact that I was pregnant. The toes she "temporarily" fixed were the worst they have ever been the month following her repairing them, and then I went in today waited another 40 minutes to be seen only to be told she couldn't do the permanent procedure since I was pregnant. She knew I was pregnant. Meanwhile, my husband took a day off to watch our daughter so I could have the procedure done. I assumed the procedure was safe given how concerned she was about the topical medicine and given the fact that She Is The Doctor!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

Dr. Gay L. Gustafson's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Workers Comp