Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Buckwalter

It is absolutely not possible to find a better doctor than Dr. Buckwalter. He is the best doctor in every way. He always knew my health history, he always got me in to a good specialist when needed, and he always treated me with respect. He was my doctor from age 2 to age 35. At age 35, I moved almost 200 miles away from the Horsham area, and I have lived here now in Central Pennsylvania for the last 21 years. I am so sad that I am too far away to have Dr. Buckwalter as my doctor. Any time I have seen a doctor in the last 21 years since I have moved from the area, I have always compared them to Dr. Buckwalter. He is so far superior a doctor in every way from any doctor that I have seen since. People where I live have no idea what excellent care is. That care is Dr. Buckwalter. I now have VA Health Care in central Pennsylvania - and I actually cry - I can't see a specialist when needed - no matter how serious the problem. There aren't enough resources. And there is no respect. The VA here is the furthest care from Dr. Buckwalter that you could imagine. I am so sad now at my total lack of ability to access appropriate health care, despite having some serious problems. Dr. Buckwalter's patients might have no idea how blessed they are to have him as their doctor. But I do. Because I have gone from having the world's absolute best care with him - to having no care - lost in the Altoona VA health system - where nobody thinks that you deserve, or warrant, any care, and where you are treated with no respect - and I am in tears writing this.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

My name is Donna Lacovara my family and I were patients of Dr Richard for many years, we had to find other care due to the fact that he does not take insurance , at least he didn't then in the early 1980's we all were extremely fond of him and were sad to leave him, his bedside manner is not all warm & fuzzy if that's what your looking for but to date I have not encountered a better primary Doctor, he never gave any of us a wrong diagnosis and he was prompt and you could call and get an appointment the same day, imagine that , well I did say early eighties . I miss him always. You need a lot more stars to rate this awesome Doctor, his wife , also a doctor was great as well

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Richard Buckwalter for 25 years. What everyone on here is saying is true- you will NEVER find another Doctor or staff like this one. Especially not in this day-in-age. Truly a blessing to the profession and the world.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr Richard Buckwalter has been my PCP for 35 years. There isn't a better Dr out there anywhere. He always listens, doesn't judge, never rushes you. He is simply the best, I can call his office, and they get me right in. I love the wonderful staff. Cannot say enough about this wonderful doctor. Dr Richard, you are the best.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

Dr. Richard (and Phyliss) are what doctors SHOULD ALL be like! I have been going to Dr. R. Buckwalter for over twenty years. He is not only very very highly skilled in his profession but he is also most caring and compassionate. I only truly trust Dr B. If he feels that I should see a "specialist" he will let me know. I am so very fortunate and feel so blessed to have Dr Buckwalter as my personal physician. In addition is office staff is fabulous, very friendly and extremely efficient. I wouldn't want to go to any other doctor!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

I''ve been going to Dr buckwalter for over 20 years. he''s great!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2008

I've gone to Dr Buckwalter for over 20 years. He's great!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

Dr. Richard A. Buckwalter's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1956)

UnitedHealthcare