Ratings for Dr. Farid Force

I don't know who these others are referring to. The Dr. Force I know is an insightful, experienced, knowledgeable psychiatrist. He knows what he's doing; I'd advise people to trust him as he explores various pharmaceutical solutions. I approach visits to medical practitioners as a patient; there is only one doctor in the room. I'm not it. Those in need of counseling should go to a psychotherapist. But for many, psychotherapy can not be as effective without a sound medication foundation. I feel badly for those folks coming here who might be influenced by some of the negative reviews into passing up the opportunity to have a keen analysis of their problems and the potential benefits of Dr. Force's thoughtful and insightful psychiatric treatment. By the way, the address on this site is incorrect. Dr. Force currently practices at Lawrence and Memorial Hospital in New London.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Force is a patient listener and seems to be able to connect the details of my ongoing issues with sleep and depression/anxiety.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

I am a former patient of Force. His staff can be nice, though I have had confrontations with one of his secretaries who told me I was being difficult I couldn't come during their inconvenient hours. I left him because of the condenscending attitude. It always felt very impersonal when I saw him. One time he took a sales rep before me who just walked in his door when I had already been waiting 20 minutes past my appt. time. I do not feel valued as a patient there. Is it so much to ask to review patients' files in the morning that you will see that day and not act like you don't know who they are? He is the one who wonders why I didn't want treatment from him anymore. I am sure he thinks it is my "disorder" that made me like that, not just the fact I expect to be treated with respect. I don't expect a lot from a pyschitrist other than a little human decency!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Seems like this guy is all about the co-pay. I have moderate ADD and have been on low level concerta for years. My old Dr. moved. Dr. Force insists on seeing me every two weeks (at 50$ per session with my insurance) in order for me to maintain my script. If he thought it was so important to see me then why double my script dosage and tell me to "come back in when you run out" WTF?? My last Dr. (after keeping an eye on me for 2 months) would just call my script in and make me come in every 6 months to check on me. It was fine as he declared me "one of the most well-adjusted individuals he ever had the pleasure of meeting". Force only wants your money.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

This doctor seems to just hand out pills like they are candy. Doesnt give any feedback, basically asks you about 2 questions, gives you a script and sends you on your way. Also, doesnt speak very clear english, and types with 2 fingers. I need to switch docs asap. When I first went he prescribed me some antidepressent that was like speed, very scary, I'm positive he did not diagnose me properly. I have since started anti anxiety medication. The antidepressents were never needed in the first place, probably the reason they gave me such horrible side effects.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Disgusting lack of kindness and ethics. Just a mean-spirited, condescending jerk.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2006

Very condescending and, for a doctor, remarkable lack of compassion and care.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2005

Ignores concerns, prescribes ineffective treatments, does not explain answers fully, woefully lacking beside manner.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2005

Dr. Farid Force's Credentials

• Shahid Beheshti Univ, Fac Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1975)