Ratings for Dr. Claudio Kogan

From what I have gathered this doctor gets sexual pleasure subconsciously by himself feel powerful hurting sick people. The health authority supports his pleasures and lets continue feeling his desires.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Dr. Kogan is dangerously negligent. He implied that I had a birth disorder, said that causal links to my disability were "of no importance to him," prescribed toxic drugs for normal reactions to incidents proven to be disabling to practically anyone, told me that talking about trauma would be of no benefit, and he could not say whether I would ever get well enough to return to work because I was “litigious” - all of which was just as traumatic and destructive as, if not more so than, the original injuries.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I'm not impressed but there is not much choice in langley

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

His method of treatment is drugs and more drugs. No conversation, no discussions. Moderate depression was treated toxic drugs that almost left me comatose. Other physicists and a psychiatrist were appalled.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Kogan for 2 year. I was referred by Langley mental health after an assesment in which I had admitted to being suicidal and also wanting to kill my husband and kids. I had read the bad reviews and was skeptical. I found the receptionist to be quick but efficient. I have engaged her in conversation and she is personal and pleasant. Dr. Kogan reviews our last session every visit. He has treated me with medication, and explained to me why the meds my GP prescribe we're not appropriate for my stage of depression, and that I needed to be monitored more closely. When he makes changes to my meds, he always wants to see me within a week, and asks my family to keep an eye on me- as well as "ringing a bell" if I need help. His main goal is to stabilize my meds and he has. I tried therapist and diet/exercise for years but I became too sick and needed more help. He provided it for me. He has helped me tremendously. I had to miss and appt short notice and no repercussions.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

I experienced Dr. C Kogan's bad reputation in the Fraser Valley and formed my own opinion first hand. The first thing I noticed was how unpleasant and abrupt the staff taking appointments were, extremely arrogant while setting up an appointment and while I was confirming my availability as well, I was asked "if I even wanted to come in." After seeing the Doc, he had me bring in my mother to have her answer questions while he "assessed" whether or not I was dealing with Bi Polar Disorder. He had no standard questions, professionalism, or understanding. He navigated very arrogantly around any details, my mother and I had about MY condition. I began to feel very much like an abused child that was being controlled by a dysfunctional parent. He started to refer me back to a walk in clinic, when I realized I was getting the "run around." When I went to set up apt #3 the secretary was very concerned with finishing the chapter of her novel, and made no attempt to acknowledge me. I walked out.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

I've just seen Dr Kogan twice so far and this is my only experience with a psychiatrist so can't make a comparative judgement. I've found him to be professional and humerous. We are taking a measured approach in finding the right treatment which at this time means a change from the med the GP had me try to the minimum dosage of another. BTW, I was told of the no fragrance policy when my appointment was made and when they called with the reminder. The sign on the door is right in your face and posted at least twice on the reception window. I think it's posted elsewhere in the waiting area. Treat it like any other medical building - no perfume.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

A terrible doctor. Abrupt, ill-mannered, and prescribes medication in varieties and dosages that got horrific responses when I described them to other doctors. He over-medicated me to the point of inertia when I had only mild/moderate depression. This man should NOT be practicing medicine or in any way dealing with people with mental problems.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

I saw Dr.Kogan several times over a period of several months, every 2 - 3 weeks. I LOST MY SCHEDULE AND MISSED ONE APPOINTMENT, and now i'm "NOT ALLOWED" to see him again. I was not informed of this no-late-no-no-show tolerance policy no-human-error policy before hand, nd was informed it was not his obligation to inform every patient of his policies. Every time i saw him he never remembered who I was and spent the session asking me questions he'd already asked me and going over his notes. He also told me that my family and my life history was "the weirdest he had ever heard and that if he sent the story into a newspaper they would throw it out cause it was so far fetched and he had no reason to think i was lying so he would choose to believe me but it was the weirdest thing he'd ever heard" why would u say that.. and i could tell he was watching me for signs of being a compulsive liar the whole time too. and wouldnt prescribe my birth control even though it affected my other meds

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012