Ratings for Dr. Hamsa Ramkumar

My three children have been seeing Doctor Ramkumar since my first child was born in 1999. She is extremely attentive to your needs and will answer any questions or health concerns you may have. She first showed her caring side when my middle son needed a breathing machine around 2 years of age and made sure that it was delivered to my door step and followed up with a phone call to make sure we had what we needed and knew how to use the machine. My oldest son who is 13 feels comfortable going to her and asking her questions he may have. Doctors offices are always a busy place where sometimes you don't want to be because it means your child is sick but Dr. Ramkumar makes every effort to treat each child within their scheduled time or in emergencies as a walk in. Her office staff is also very pleasant and helpful. I could not have asked for a more caring and knowledgeable doctor for my children. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

She seems knowledgeable and experienced, but yes, she only spends about 5 minutes with you. I literally have to ask her 95% of the questions for my child before she rushes out the door. Staff is nice but I'm not happy with the service.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Dr. Ramkumar has been our families pediatrician and ours for 6years now and she is AMAZING! At 6months my son developed a condition that required surgery from one week to the next. Not only was it tough as parent to know your child needs to undergo surgery but what made matters worst was that our insurance company gave us an extremely hard time and basically denied the surgery request which was heart breaking. Without the surgery our son could have been brain damaged, but Dr. Ramkumar helped me fight and prove to the insurance company that the surgery needed to happen asap. I felt that without her, my voice would have never been heard. Our son is a healthy strong little guy playing flag football now, and when ever he needs medical attention Dr. Ramkumar's office is always pleasant and schedules us for an appointment the same day. She really cares for my son, my nieces and nephew as to why I highly recommend Dr. Ramkumar.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I have had some bad doctors in my time, but I LOVE DR RAMKUMAR. She answers all of my questions and is so sweet with my son. She actually listens to my concerns. I could not ask for a better Dr. for my son!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

Would Never recommend to anyone stays about 5mins in the room with my child and prescribes the same medication everytime. Never see this doc

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Knowledeable,very personable,caring.Would recommend to my friends.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Good doctor, will always see you same day if ill, just a long wait!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

Always a 1 hour or more wait, and would only last 15 minutes in the room. She would always prescribe the same thing, amoxicillin. The type of care was just not acceptable.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2008

Dr. Hamsa Ramkumar's Credentials

• Patna Med Coll, Patna Univ, Bihar, India (Grad. 1982)

Kaiser-Permanente