Dr. David E. Sosin

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David E. Sosin

As current & up to date on ADD research/medication as anyone you'll find. Very common sense, down to earth, empathetic approach to consults, he knows how/when to jump to a point you want to make to let you know he "gets it" because he has ADD himself. Doesn't suffer fools gladly, which is refreshing for those of us with ADD. Really wants to know if you feel like you're succeeding as he works with you to optimize medication/dosage/frequency--definitely not a cookie cutter approach. Also takes a detailed MD approach to overall health, asking about BP, blood sugar, cholesterol, sleep, etc., and pushes you to see a specialist to diagnose/manage anything he sees out of the ordinary. Originally was only going to score him a 3 on punctuality, but changed it to a 5--while true that I often have to wait 15-20 minutes past my appointment time to be seen, it's because he takes the time to thoroughly discuss issues with patients. I can honestly say the only time I've ever felt rushed over the dozen or so times I've seen him is when he had to leave the office at the end of the day for an appointment he and his front desk told me about when I arrived. Very generous with his time and will only charge a 15 minute consult when in reality appointment has gone two or three times that long. Does not accept insurance so payment is expected at the end of the appointment but they will put together receipts that can be submitted for reimbursement by insurance (which will always be at out of network rate for PPOs since he does not belong to any insurance networks). Overall, a very caring, compassionate, highly educated and highly skilled physician who to me has made a significant difference in the quality of my life by working with me to diagnose my ADD, develop an optimal medication regimen, and educate me as to the condition and how to manage it. If you suspect you or a loved one may have ADD/ADHD, go to his website, fill out the forms, and go see him...you'll be very glad you did.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

One of the good docs (and I don't say that often, possibly ever). BRILLIANT man who utilizes his years of training, research, clinical experience and evidence to treat each person as an individual. He thinks out-of-the-box, researches and explains clearly, asks for input, and does not follow a cookie- cutter treatment approach.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Sosin is an incredible Psychiatrist who has truly changed my life. From our very first meeting he made the effort to get to know me as a person, rather than as future patient. His genuine care for my well-being, combined with prodigious knowledge and experience, truly makes him one of a kind!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

You can tell that he keeps up with the literature and practices conventional medicine accordingly. Combined with his experience, I think it's a recipe for successful treatment. He made what seemed like a bold prediction that I would respond well to a certain migraine medication and he was right.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Sosin is a very caring and knowledgeable physician. He listen to his patients with empathy and understanding taking all the time needed. He treats patients like real human beings in a warm a personal way.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr. Sosin has changed my life. As an adult who was always looking for the "answer" to what is wrong with me, having seen countless doctors over the years, Dr. Sosin was the first one who really took the time to listen and understand. I finally feel like a normal adult now, who can handle the tasks that other adults can do. The office staff goes above and beyond to be helpful and understanding. I can't recommend them highly enough!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

He's made a huge difference in my life! From migraines to ADHD, my quality of life would be unimaginably horrible without his assistance. His knowledge is superior to any other Dr I've experienced. One time I went to urgent care over the weekend. They thought it was a brain tumor. I saw Dr Sosin the next day, he diagnosed it as a rebound headache, prescribed 2 meds, and the headache was gone the same day!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Sosin is hands down one of the best Psychiatrists in his field. From our first meeting, he took his time to understand my struggles and specific goals in getting more control over dealing with my ADD that had been untreated my whole life. From that first meeting on, the quality of my daily life has been so greatly improved, I am so grateful to have found him. I have been seeing Dr. Sosin for over 5 years and recommend him to anyone looking to seek treatment for ADD or psychiatric needs in general. In addition, Daisy, Dr. Sosin's office manager, has always gone above and beyond in assisting however she can. For example, with my insurance submissions for medications and making sure that the most coverage available for my plan is in use. She is great at following up and keeping things running for the high-demand behind-the-scenes support that Dr. Sosin must require.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Sosin is great! He is incredibly caring and takes his time with patients--he makes sure that you totally understand everything that he discusses with you and doesn't try to rush people through his office. I have been seeing Dr. Sosin for about four years now and I won't ever switch to another doctor!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Dr. Sosin has been treating me for about five years now. He is the first doctor I have ever had who actually spent time with me during an office visit. Even though I usually pay for a short visit, Dr. Sosin regularly spends up to an hour or more with me. It does get a little backed up in the waiting room some times, but that is because this man cares and will take the time to talk to you and find out what is going on. I have been late to my appointments many times, and somehow he always manages to squeeze me in. Dr. Sosin deals with me like a real human being, not a cattle herder. He is also a real believer in ADD treatment. ADD is still a controversial area for some reason, and I feel that Dr. Sosin has stuck his neck out to be a champion for people like me. Read his website and you will start to get a sense of how much he cares about treating people with this type of brain. Daisy is pure sunshine. Prescriptions for ADD medication can be difficult to fill, but she has bent over backwards to call me and make sure everything is getting taken care of. Thank you Daisy and Dr. Sosin.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015