Ratings for Dr. Simon Barkagan

I didn't even get a chance to meet Dr. Barkagan because he has unqualified, ignorant and arrogant office personnel not knowing application of insurance deductibles. I wouldn't recommend to visit.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Extremely bad doctor,not even board certified. Likes to call him "professor..."But he is not. Using Radio Davidson attract people ,but when you will know him closer stay away as I did and most of his patients. He is dangerous but he is very friendly. He likes the surgery but he is very inexperienced and he can almost to kill you as has happened with me and some others of his patients. Do not trust him. He is Doctor Death ... with the Rate below Zero .

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

Under care of my regular Urologist I went to Dr Barkagan to find out about Prolieve Micro wave Therapy for enlarged prostate . No doubt, Dr Barkagan appears to be knowledgeable with a very engaging personality. Yet after a few visits it became increasingly clear that I simply had a bad feeling about this office. Unorthodox office procedures , lack of privacy and an outdated exam room was tip of iceberg. When Technician tried but was unable to insert Catheter for Urodynamics test , I was told to then wait for Dr B. After 2 hours and he did not yet arrive I rescheduled . On next appointment after I waited another 2 hrs. I then asked how much longer ? Appeared they misplaced my folder and forgot about me even though I was sitting directly in front of them. They then rushed me in handed me an Anti-biotic . Dr B then performed an Endoscopy in place of the Urodynamic . After procedure Dr B strongly pushed the Prolieve Microwave Therapy procedure . He even asked if I wanted to have procedure the following day in his Brooklyn office. There were more red flags but suffice to say I decided that this Doctors office was NOT FOR ME!. Note: Went back to my regular Urologist who strongly disagreed with the long term effectiveness of the Microwave Therapy. He then referred me to a top Urologist in Manhattan to get a 3rd opinion. Urologist #3 who performs Microwave therapies as well said that it would NOT be an option for me based on results MRI of Prostate that I showed to him as well as Dr. Barkagan . He also said that in general the beneficial effects of many of these microwave therapies tend to be short term except with limited candidates whose enlarged prostate was detected very early in process.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Master Surgeon, charismatic and professional doctor, spotless office, friendly staff; what more could you ask for? I was seen after a wait of 10 minutes. Dr. Barkagan spoke my native tongue of Polish to my surprise, super funny guy whose knowledge and personality diminished the usual anxiety that goes along with a doctors visit.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Barkagan at his queens location after a terrible experience with a previous urologist. To say the least Dr. Barkagan's knowledge of medicine is tremendous, even beyond the field of urology. The office is run very well and I only waited about 20 minutes before I was seen. Overall as good of an experience as anyone could expect seeing a doctor; highly recommend him for anyone in need of a urologist in NYC

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Dr. Barkagan is a B-S free type of doctor. My previous urologist suggested a myriad of unnecessary procedures, when i consulted with Dr. Barkagan last winter he clearly explained (in language i could actually understand)and recommended a non invasive procedure for my problem. I took his advice and followed through with the procedure and have been in upstanding health ever since.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Very unprofessional!! He operated on my father 3 times, and my father is now in critical condition. The surgeries were unnecessary and he is just trying to make money. I Do not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted February 26, 2015

I had an appointment around 10 AM. I left at 12.30 because this doctor did not come by this time. All the patients need to drink the water and urinate before the conversion with this doctor. It looks ridiculous and unprofessional. This doctor just makes money.

Submitted September 25, 2013

The best experience I ever had with a doctor. I have been a patient of his for the past 3 years and highly recommend him to all of my friends. He is the doctor for the doctors.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

I'm amazed at how this "medical professional" is still in practice. I strongly recommend avoiding this urologist. Instead of helping the patient he causes more problems. Horrible urologist, nothing else to say.

Submitted September 13, 2011

Dr. Simon Barkagan's Credentials

• Univ Cattol De Sacro Cuore, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Roma, Italy (Grad. 1979)

• BCBS Illinois