Ratings for Dr. Michael Hill

Dr. Michael Hill is the most honest Doctor I have ever met in my life. The first time I met with Dr. Hill with "out of control" blood pressure he said, "I don't know what is going on, but I am going to try my best to figure this out." From that point on, I knew I would be OK. My blood pressure climbed to 273/168 with no cause and no hope in sight. Dr. Hill one of his students and myself talked about a clinical study and the risk factors. It would be about eighteen months before approval of a clinical study for me, so I exercised another option. I got myself a "service dog" and not only did my dog help me with my seizures, she also brought down my blood pressure. I have a very strong feeling that Dr. Hill may be watching my progress closely as it relates to how a service dog can benefit someone's health. I remember about three years ago when my dog actually barked at Dr. Hill and that surprised both of us. It was about six hours after that, I had a seizure and I really think Annie, "my service dog" was trying to tell us. I have now learned to listen to my Annie. Les R. Landry Redcliff, Alberta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEGkuisW9iw&t=6s

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Incredibly impressed with this doctor. Not only did he personally come out to the waiting room but he was so incredibly kind and patient. He took his time talking to me and listened to my concerns. I definitely am very happy my doctor in Canmore referred me to Dr. Michael Hill. As a single mother of four older children being able to be heard also makes me feel there will be a solution in the near future. Highly recommend Dr. Hill.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I met Dr. Hill 27 years ago . I came in to emergency with a critical stroke. He was on the scene immediately Explained everything to my son about the new drug they were going to use .The pros and cons of the drug called TPA . I was paralyzed on my left side. Dr. Hill told us that they could reverse the processing and could restore me back to normal within 10 hours. Dr. Hill stayed on a chair at the bottom of my bed the entire time . It took 13 hours to restore my speech and limbs to normal . The staff were terrific and Dr. Hill was amazing. A more dedicated team I doubt you would find. I was told that I had won the lottery. It has been 27 years now and I am still doing just wonderful. I give all the praise and thanks to my Lord Jesus and to Dr. Hill and his amazing team.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I saw Dr Hill in the urgent neurology clinic 13 years ago. He was belittling and disputed everything I said. Even the resident who was with him was surprised. He put me into tears the way he was treating me and then diagnosed me with depression. It turned out to be CFS. Horrible man.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I have not met Dr. Hill yet but I can tell you something about the staff that works for him. When you call to leave a message don't expect a call back. My appointment was rescheduled and they didn't even bother calling me. I received a letter in the mail telling me to confirm my new appointment the day of my appointment. His staff handled the situation and didn't even apologize for the inconvienience. Very unprofessional and poor patient care I'm appalled.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Very pleasant Doctor. Even added a bit of appropriate humour which helped put me at ease. Super knowledgable! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

When I was six I was misdiagnosed with a massive stroke. When his team came to look at my scans he told my parents as cold heart a person could be that I would never function in a normal school, walk, talk, have function on my right side and that I would both mental and physical limitations and that my parents should prepare for the worse. He then told them that maybe I would be more comfortable in hospice because he suspected that I wouldn't survive the next 24 hours. What a disgraceful man! If I ever see him again, I would smack him right. Old school medicine thinking. What a horrible doctor!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

I had been seen by Dr. Hill a few times for a neurological problem earlier, and was so very thankful he happened to be the doctor who attended to my mother who had a severe stroke in December 2012. she was selected to be a part of a stroke study and she had been told several times that most people in her state who had come to hospital never left. He and his team did an amazing job at getting her back to the point where you would not know she had a stroke. He always took the time to answer he questions in layman's terms and the family will be forever grateful for his care, knowledge, and bedside manner which was exceptional. Foothills Hospital is lucky to have such a doctor on staff.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

My husband was in the hospital for 67 days after suffering a stroke (5 in total actually). Dr. Hill was very caring and thorough. He knew I needed answers and although he was very blunt in some of his responses, I knew I could count on him to tell me the truth. He brought my husband back up to the neurological ward at Foothills (after he was sent down to the more stable stroke ward) because he was concerned and he wanted to watch him more closely. My husband is recovering amazingly now and I know he is here today because of the excellent staff at Foothills, especially Dr. Hill.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

I am a Nurse that works with Dr. Hill. He is an amazing Dr. Caring and very knowledgeable. Always has the patient's best interest at heart. I honestly can not say enough about him. Have yet to hear a negative comment about him. My rating on the staff is biased of course but this site made me enter one...I think we are pretty great as well :)

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013