Ratings for Dr. John K. Hong

I have been experiencing back pain for several years this is the first time in a very long time that I am able to do normal things like brush my teeth without having severe back pain!! Dr. Hong and his staff were incredible.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

i have found Dr. Hong and his staff to be professional,compassionate, and thorough. Its very hard to find a doctor like Dr. Hong. but when you do you keep him.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr. Hong replaced my baclofen pump. Listened to and discussed my concerns unlike the Northwestern doctors and staff.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I am disabled man for over 10 years, have chronic pain, Dr. Hong has relieved that pain by more than 50%, has given me hope again

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I like Dr Hong's holistic/conservative approach to treating chronic pain. He's very down to earth, caring & compassionate. He has an excellent support staff working under him. Stacie Wharton is fantastic to work with. Dr Hong/Gateway Spine & Pain are excellent at what they do. I'm extremely grateful for their help....

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

The office staff are very friendly and professional. Appointment times are very efficient and the Doctor Hong is very thorough and spends his time to make sure all my questions are answered.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I was referred to Dr Hong after my group left the Hospital. His staff is top notch as well as the facilities. Dr Hong listens and is very knowledgeable, he takes his time to explain your situation and offers a care plan that you can be comfortable with.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I experienced compassion, fully attentive to all questions and answered them leaving me confident in receiving care. I recommend the staff and Doctor John K. Hong to anyone looking for help in pain management. So glad to have been referred to Dr. John Hong ! Appt. waiting time is not more than 10 mins. since I have started to come. They care about you and your pain! Thank you to all.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

First off, I was very pleased that Dr. Hong and his staff were able to get me in for a procedure while I was visiting my family in April. I was impressed with the time Dr. Hong spent with me going over my records thoroughly before performing my procedure.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr Hong gave me injections in my lumbar spine and this took away all of my pain! And relieved my pinched nerves and now I can go pee normal again!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. John K. Hong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. John K. Hong is double board certified in Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He received his Bachelor of Arts and Medical Doctorate degrees at Cornell and Tufts Universities. After an internship in General Surgery, he completed a residency in Anesthesiology at Rush University Medical Center and then a fellowship in Pain Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Hong is the founder and President of Gateway Spine & Pain Physicians. He serves as the Medical Director of Pain Management at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital.

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)
  • Cornell University (Grad. 1996)

• Complex regional pain syndrome