Dr. Glen E. Hofmann, Retired

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge

Ratings for Dr. Glen E. Hofmann, Retired

Thanks to Dr. Hoffman we conceived our daughter after 4 IUI treatments. My previous specialist wanted to take my tubes and ovaries and do IVF. After looking at exploratory surgery and test results, then repeating some tests, Dr. Hoffman felt IVF wasn't necessary and wanted to try IUI first. He was right. My daughter is now a healthy, happy 8 year old in the 3rd grade. Even better, the hormone treatments and first pregnancy seemed to jump start my system and we conceived our second child with no assistance nearly a year to the day after my daughter's birth. Our son is a typical 6 year old boy and just started the first grade. God Bless Hoffman for looking at the facts before the figures. He could have tried to bilk us like the first specialist we saw in Cincinnati, but he takes his oath to his patients seriously. there is no doubt that Hoffman can have a rough gruff manner, but he will tell you the truth. Whether you want to hear it or not. If you want hand holding, Dr. Hoffman is not the guy for you. You can get that from some of the other "specialists" in Cincinnati. I'd rather suck it up, deal with a no-nonsense doctor, pay less in the long run for treatments, and end up with a baby or two than be coddled by a doctor who is more concerned about getting patients signed up for a research study related to IVF.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

This was the first time my husband and I came to a fertility center, and I wish we'd done some more research before we went there. All we wanted was a consultation. Instead, we were talked down to rudely like we were stupid idiots who didn't know anything. We were pushed into a blood test and other tests, none of which we originally went for but they made it sound like there was no other way to figure out what was going on (maybe talking to us about symptoms, what we've tried, etc might help???) Then the doctor proceeded to tell us we had to come back for several procedures including IUI WITHOUT EVEN GETTING TEST RESULTS FIRST! When I said we needed to think about it first and talk about what was best for us, we were given a dirty look. Super professional. The nurses didn't even call with the test results until about a week later than promised, and the doctor was rude when he called to tell my husband what was going on. When my husband first made the appointment, he asked what the price for everything would be, we were given a vague $400-$500 figure if insurance didn't cover it. Guess what, we got a bill for $1300 even with insurance coverage! Clearly all this "doctor" cares about is money. Don't waste your time here!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Dr. Hoffmann helped my wife and I have four beautiful healthy babies. He was very professional and knowledgeable through the entire process and I would recommend him to others. I have read some of the comments about his bedside manners and from my point of view (the husband) he was just like any other doctor that I have seen. My wife and I did not go to him to make a friend, we went there to get pregnant and that's what he did.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

I have read through all the comments of this doctor and find some to just be rude. Dr. Hoffman is a guy of short words but he is honest and knows what he is doing. I'm going through a treatment right now and just happy he has taken the time to help my husband and I. I'm staying prayerful that this first round is all but really its in Gods hands not the docs. I feel bad for all the women that have had a bad experience but I'm grateful to have this opportunity.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

We cannot give enough thanks to Dr.Hoffman and his staff. The other 2 prominent clinics in Cincinnati will tell you fluffy things, but Hoffman's clinic gets the results that you want. A CHILD !!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

I found Dr. Hofmann to be extremely knowledgeable and friendly. He is definitely an expert in his field. My husband and I both left the visit with a renewed and positive attitude. Dr. Hofmann gave me hope, and more importantly, a plan!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011

Although I can't say that Dr. Hofmann is a *bad* doctor, I can also confirm what some of the other reviews say regarding his bad bedside manner, his lack of compassion & my biggest issue was his lack of listening to his patients. His attitude was always "it's his way or no way". We left his care after 7 long & discouraging months feeling pretty defeated. Thankfully, I did more research the second time around (bad experiences can do that to you!) and found an AMAZING new RE that really listens to us, is so compassionate, yet very honest still. Even though we haven't found conception success (yet), it has still been a very positive & encouraging experience. I wish I could say the same thing about Dr. Hofmann, but I truly believe his ego gets in the way. All I can say is...DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you go see Dr. Hofmann, I wish I had done mine (We would have never seen him if I had). There are much better doctors in Cincinnati area, MUCH better!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

I was a surrogate and got pregnant with twin baby boys on the first try! I even got to hold the lucky keychain during the embryo transfer and it worked! Dr Hofman knows his stuff and Ann is very helpful in making sure you understand all your meds.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

Dr. Hoffman is amazing! He does have a confident personality but has EVERY Reason to be. I respect his honesty and up front personality. We had been to three different fertility specialist and after so many IUI'S Dr. Hoffman was able to get us pregnant with our miracles the 1st time around. He was very compassionate to my husband and I while we went through our infertility journey. He took the time to help me find a gyno that I would be happy with after we reached pregnancy . We just recently delivered our twins and Hoffman and his staff were happy to see them upon delivery. I have recommended so many people to Hoffmans office and will go back to him when we try again! He and his staff are amazing and very compassionate! ;)

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Dr. Hoffman is a miracle worker!! After being with Dr. Burwinkel for over a year and 2 unseccessful IVF attempts, I was told that I would need a research facility in New Jersery because they were not ble to help me. I decide to try Dr. Hoffman first, and I got pregnant with twins of first IVF attempt!! We are so grateful to have found him...His staff is fabulous! We thank the Lord everyday that we were referred to him from a friend!!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

Dr. Glen E. Hofmann, Retired's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Louisville Sch Of Med, Louisville Ky 40202 (Grad. 1983)