Ratings for Dr. Evan L. Jacobson

I admit it was some time ago that I saw Dr. Jacobson and he may have changed. However, he was such an incompetent and irresponsible doctor that he took my depression and made it a weakness. He made me feel guilty and sad and I would literally cry the entire drive to his office because I was so upset that I had to endure his judgment, but he prescribed the medication that I would suffer withdrawals from if I did not have it, so I was stuck. And when I told him about issues I had with my medication, he told me those issues were my fault and had nothing to do with him or the medication. Fast forward almost 10 years and I am essentially cured with the correct medication and therapy when I had seriously considered killing myself under "Dr" Jacobson's "care". Thank God for resiliency and hope...

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr. Jacobson is the best doctor I have seen I have been going to him for eight years He is extremely helpful So glad I found him, He has saved my life. I feel so much better since I started seeing him.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

Dr. Jacobson changed my life and I am very grateful every day for having found him. He not only saved my marriage of 21 years, but he made it the most wonderful and happy relationship I've ever had. In addition, I go through my days feeling calm, strong, steady, happy, and as a leader to others. I strongly recommend Dr. Evan L. Jacobson.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

I had nothing but best experience with Dr. Jacobson. At first I was hesitant since he appeared to be very young. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he is extremely intelligent, competent, friendly, and caring. He listens and tries to work with you, and most importantly respects you as a patient. I am very fortunate to have him as my doctor since I have met some terrible therapists in the past.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Great doctor, I find him very helpful and caring. It has helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Dr. J really helped me out. Very smart doctor. Gave me very helpful direct feedback. Sessions with him are interactive and goal directed

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Dr. Jacobson's evaluation is very thorough and insightful. His subsequent appointments are also very helpful. He listens carefully and gives very very helpful feedback. He understands personality and interpersonal dynamics in work and personal settings. He has definitely helped me achieve enormous success in my life and I continue to utilize his strategies and approach on a dailly basis. I give him my highest rating and sincere thanks.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Since there is is no staff, this category should not be required. (rated good since it's irrelevant). Dr. Jacobson is kind, friendly and has helped me not just with medications, but with medical knowledge and solutions to approaching situations in my life. He has given me insight into myself and other people. Whereas other doctors before him asked a few perfunctory questions and then prescribed medication, Dr. Jacobson takes time to ask questions, listen to my answers and then give suggestions as well as medication. He has also helped me understand the reasons for the medications and symtoms so that I have a sense of control.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

If it weren't for Dr. Jacobson I probably never would have been properly diagnosed. He is extremely smart and I will never see anyone else.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

He was very knowledgeable about medications and the latest research. He was personable and I felt comfortable telling him about whatever. I didn't find his office "dreary", and I preferred his not having a receptionist. I stopped going a couple of years ago, only because I decided to stop medication. I would go back to him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010