Dr. Rick F. Papandrea

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rick F. Papandrea

Dr, Papandrea appears to be booked up quite a way in advance for surgery, now I know why. After seeing several doctors over months and getting nowhere with my shoulder I got an appointment with Dr. Papandrea. He did a personal review of my MRI and my history and noticed things that the report did not. His manner was very professional and instilled confidence. It took a while to get into surgery but I am now 7 weeks out and have just about full motion in my shoulder. Coincidentally I had a friend that had surgery with Dr. Papandrea 1 week before myself and we now wave at each other arms stretched in the air! Kind of a competition to see who can get higher but both agree we made the right choice of surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2019

Dr. Papandrea is extremely knowledgeable, skillful and personable. Like you, I also did a search before hand, and found many positive comments. My surgery was quite complicated involving bone removal, instrumentation and fusion in the wrist and hand (he called it 3 surgeries in one). Within 2.5 months I was already back to doing many of the things I was unable to do for quite a long time. If future needs arise, I will be back in to see Dr. Papandrea once again.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2019

Outstanding specialist Dr. with an equally outstanding staff, easy access to facility

flag | Submitted January 5, 2019

Dr. Papandrea is extremely knowledgeable and is great at what he does. He listens to his patients and is compassionate. We came him to get a 2nd opinion on our son's scaphoid fracture after another provider was trying to convince us we needed to do drastic 8 hour surgery involving taking a piece of his femur with blood supply and in 3 days in the hospital. Dr. Papandrea recognized that this was not necessary and repaired it with minimally invasive outpatient surgery. Our son is doing great!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

He has done two surgeries on me and both with excellent results.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2018

Dr. Papandrea has performed multiple surgeries within our family over the years with amazing results every time! He is excellent at taking the time to offer up treatment options and taking the time to address any questions that arise. His staff is just as wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Very personable, excellent recovery from reverse shoulder replacement surgery, Highly recommended

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Dr. Papandrea was highly recommended to me after I suspected that I had torn my right rotator cuff for a second time early 2017. The MRI confirmed a tear but I asked to have a cortisone shot to get me through the summer golf season. I had the surgery in November 2017 . Throughout the entire process, Dr. Papandrea, PA Ryan Hamm, and the Staff at Orthopaedic Associates of Wisconsin were very professional, efficient, and thorough in explaining my condition, the process before, during, and after surgery. I am now practically pain free, which I was not after my previous surgery. I also have greater range of motion than I've had in years since my initial surgery. I have referred Dr. Papandrea to several friends who are experiencing shoulder pain. THANK YOU Dr. Papandrea, Ryan Hamm, and Staff for your excellent work to repair my shoulder!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

very successful shoulder replacement... and no PT was needed following surgery.. would highly recommend him and will be returning for my other shoulder but hopefully not for a couple years

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

excellent doctor , he knows what he's doing and his staff are very good

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Dr. Rick F. Papandrea's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Doctor Papandrea received his M.D. from the University of Wisconsin and completed an Orthopaedic Residency at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio. He then went on to a hand and upper extremity fellowship at Harvard, and a shoulder/elbow fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. His practice is focused on the upper extremity reconstruction, joint replacement, and arthroscopy. He has written multiple publications on the upper extremity, including multiple book chapters. Doctor Papandrea is a regular hands-on instructor at the Orthopaedic Learning Center and the Mayo Clinic’s Advanced Surgical Skills Course for the elbow. He has lectured across the country, and around the world.

• English

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1992)

• Broken wrist/broken hand
  • Dislocated elbow
  • Dislocated shoulder

• castle connolly best doctor
  • Milwaukee Magazine Top Doctor listing