Ratings for Dr. F. Alshangiti

This is by far the craziest doctors I have ever had to deal with. Not only did she refuse to administer my birth control shots because she "hates needles" but she told me that at age 24 (and without administering any form of testing) my biological clock was ticking and that since I only had 4 more years to conceive (making me 28) I would have to go out and "get pregnant" any way I can. WTF? What kind of Doctor ACTUALLY says that? She was beyond rude, insensitive, and constantly ignored my complaints basing them solely on my age and saying "you're too young for this- it's not real. You're making it up"- No wonder she "moved on". I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with this whack job.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

Dr. Alshangiti welcomed my husband and I to every appointment with a sense of humor and professionalism. I appreciated her brevity. For my first pregnancy, I could not have asked for a better doctor. While she didn't look at my birth plan or think it was useful, she did tell us something very useful: "You will receive the best treatment if you do what the attending doctor is most comfortable and knowledgable with doing." I had wanted an all-natural labour and birth, but at approximately 32 hours of labour and only 7 cm dialated, the attending doctor recommended alternatives, and I listened; at approximately 45 hours and 8 cm dialated, the attendind doctor recommended alternatives, and I listened; at 54 hours of labour my beautiful, healthy baby girl was born vaginally, and I can't help but be thankful to Dr. Alshangiti, her great care, and her good advice.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

She is great! A lot of people may find that she is rude - but the way I found her is that she is honest. She does not sugar coat anything and get straight to the point. If you need someone to be all sentimental with you and baby you every step of the way - you may not like her. She treats you like a fellow adult and will not patronize your intelligence. I hate that she is not in the city anymore and now I'm stuck with finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

Has mastered the art of listening; most attentive to sysmptoms; lists options concisely; employs computer extensively to more clearly explain and instruct; demonstrated extensive knowledge of myriad subjects; "no-nonsense", "matter-of-fact", "common-sense" approach. This quiet, attentive woman displays a genuine interest in her client by listening, by her body language, and by asking questions. In her response to her client, she is quick, efficient, and constantly explaining what she is about to do, or is doing, thereby fostering confidence - both in her abilities and in building the confidence of the client, which results in the client feeling that the problem will certainly be properly addressed. This doctor shares knowledge well, and, further, permits the client to share in the decision of prescribed treatment. Best medical person it has been my good fortune to meet;others would do well to aspire to her high standards in caring for those lucky enough to be referred to her.Thanks

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

I saw Dr. A as my regular OB was on vacation. She told me my birth plan was a waste of time, insulted MACFE (who I took my prenatal classes through) and generally talks down to you. She seems like she has all the knowledge, and took time with me, but her bedside manner needs work!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

She talks down to her patients. She's one of those doctors who seems to believe that intelligence and an aptitude for conversation and/or understanding of medical situations is reserved for those with the proper letters behind their name. Refused to discharge me from the hospital when I was ready to go home because I'm not a patient of hers. If she has problems with other doctors, that shouldn't affect how she is with patients!!! Unless you like being talked down to, stay away!!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

Very rude and degrading to patient. I was insulted quite often and always left feeling uncomfortable. Her bed side minor needs major improvement!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

she was very helpful and knowledgable. patient, although sometimes may throw you one or two bad jokes, but overall she is superb and I would recommend to anyone

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

This is my first child and she was absolutely awful with me. Her internal exam was very very painful, and I was sore after for 3 days. Later when we were going to hear the heartbeat for the first time she said "let's see if the baby's dead" with a smile. Maybe it's the language barrier , or is that supposed to be a joke? Very inappropriate. Stay away. There are many other OBGYN who are caring and professional.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

She takes her time with you and is very thorough. I never felt rushed out of her office. Overall I kind of have mixed feelings about her! There are things I did really like about her and things that I didn't. What I didn't like was that she made no effort to be at my birth (which ended up being an emergency c-section, although she did call me at home to congratulate me once I got home)and when I went for my 6 week post-partum appointment, she didn't even remember (it should be in my file) that I had a c-section. And I'm sorry to say that I do feel like she treats patients differently as I also know 2 other people that see her. And the one thing that I disliked the most about her was that I didn't feel like she really listened to me, it was more like her way or the highway. Especially when it came to alternative birth methods (ie: birth plans are a waste of time and bring bad luck, as she put it).

flag | Submitted February 8, 2009