Ratings for Dr. Sarina Messina

Dr Messina is open minded and easy to talk to. She supports whatever belief system her clien has and introduces a wider view of a situation. Her suggestions, support and references really helped my perspective of what felt like a hopeless situation. She is organized, on time and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Messina is simply one of the most competent medical psychiatric professionals I have ever had the privilige of dealing with. I would not hesitate in recommending Dr. Messina for a second. An absolutely fantastic human being and medical pro. She is organized, on time and always glad to see me. I really feel she cares. I have PTSD and if it wasn't for her, i don't know where i'd be!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Dr Messina is a caring compassionate person who has helped me immensely

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Compassionate, skilled, awesome doctor. She is simply outstanding. My experience with her started many years ago. I came to her office in total distress. She calmly and systematically got me on the right meds for me, allowing me to have a much better quality of life. She then offered amazing psychotherapy further allowing me to grow and regain a sense of purpose and balance in my life. I cannot sing her praises enough. She has saved my life. I have seen many doctors and therapists in my day, and she is by far the best!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Messina is one of a kind! She is literally the best! She is caring, empathetic, very resourceful, thorough, extremely professional. She takes the time to explain things in plain language. She has been with me through some very difficult times and dark moments of my life, and for that I will always be grateful. I cannot forget Dr. Messina, so sweet, and also very caring.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

DR. Messina was very helpful and so nice. I have never received psychotherapy before this even though i had a psychiatrist before, She is the only one who ever really helped with my obsessive compulsive disorder. She doesn't prescribe lorazepam and clonazepam, that is probably why some patients say mean things, She has never been late for me in the one and a half years that i've been seeing her. You would be very lucky if you get her as your doctor.

Submitted August 31, 2015

She was late as others mentioned. Seemed rude and confrontational. At one point during the session she started continuously texting on her phone. Terrible experience in general, I do not believe she was interested in helping me. She asked me to write down my physicians phone number and told me to "Hurry up." Beware of this individual.

Submitted August 25, 2015

I find this doctor very good. She has been helping me with my issues. Yes she is late, however if a person is pouring their heart out...you cant expect that she will just cut off the person and say "next". I have tried a few dr.s for the same psychological issues...she is the only one that has actually helped me. She doesnt just throw pills at me either. I'm medicated...yes but not walking around like a zombie. I think its an individual preference for a doctor. Some personalities just dont mesh. I think too that if a dr. Is late they should apologize...but in my experience so far...apologetic or not...this dr. Is worth waiting for

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr. Messina took me on as an anxiety patient. She was consistently very late (between 1-2 hours) and was not in any way apologetic. After knowing her for a few months she still continues to call me by the wrong name, which is especially frustrating considering she usually has my name on her paper right in front of her. Although she was helpful working around my budget, she gave me medication without asking anything about my medical history or medication history, I found this very nerve wracking. She told me she specializes in anxiety, but has no answers or information for me without consulting a book. She doesn't seem to actually know what she's talking about, only what her book tells her to say. Her appointments feel more like a study session than an anxiety treatment. I would not recommend this doctor. Very poor organization skills.

Submitted March 17, 2014