Ratings for Dr. Amr Waguih Elmaraghy

J'ai rencontré le Docteur en 2006 pour une chirurgie à l'épaule, il est calme et très rassurant. Si vous avez rdv avec le Docteur, vous êtes entre bonnes mains! C'est un excellent chirurgien!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Best-suited for simpler diagnoses. The wait was over an hour but that did not bother me. What did was his being very rushed and making a snap judgement in under a minute - I wish I was exaggerating. He seems like a nice enough fellow, however his assessment skills appear amateur when it comes to less obvious conditions. Mine was a partial pec tear that caused a very measurable loss of shape/contour & mass as well as the continued & marked sense of "void" when attempting to contract the muscle. Where the ligament bunches up going through the shoulder is now markedly thinner & unpleasantly wire-like to the touch - All things that could have easily been caught with a little more care. He appears to have no experience at all with bodybuilders, nor the good sense to listen to someone who has a much more intimate sense of their muscle shape & contractile ability than your average person. His recommendation was "4 weeks rest and take it from there". It was futile to try to explain or demonstrate anything - Once his snap assessment was complete, I received the rush "uh-huh, uh-huh" treatment followed by a quick "Pec 101" course ("This is the clavicular head, this is the sternal head"). Perhaps some 101 lessons in the nuances of pec tears, particularly partial ones, as well as listening skills and looking for the less than immediately obvious (My other pec was partially torn decades ago - so it was critical that he listen & look rather than make a half-baked assessment & comparison). If your case is cut & dry (e.g. Full rupture from bone), then he will be adequate from what I've read of his reviews. Otherwise, and if your case is similar to mine, go to a reputed and better-experienced orthopaedic surgeon like Dr. Schepsis in the US - Your quality of life is worth it & timing is critical. This, unfortunately, was another saddening example of our public "free" healthcare system "giving you what you paid for". His assistant was very helpful and competent in getting a time scheduled. The reason for her 3-stars is shared with the doctor: I was dissuaded (With good intentions) from getting a walk-in MRI completed in NY prior to my appointment. She stated that he would be able to determine the best course of action from when we see each other - My experience reflected otherwise.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Can't say enough about my experience with this surgeon. Exceeded expectations on every front. An outstanding individual, and brilliant surgeon.... and an extremely nice person who appears to genuinely care about his patients and is gentle and kind.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

He is a brilliant surgeon had a bone spur that grew into my rotar cuff ( shoulder) he fixed my shoulder like new and still feels amazing 3 years ago had it done - great doctor

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. ElMaraghy performed an ulnar wrist shortening on me in 2007 (when no one would even acknowledge the nerve pinch that was occurring). At the time, it was almost a 12 month wait for an MRI, he suggested that I could go to the US (Buffalo) for an MRI - I did, paid $500 bucks and had it done in less than week. The MRI revealed a pinch which was relieved with surgery and has remained this way since! He also completed a left carpal tunnel release for me in 2015 and the right carpal release is set to be completed in a month. He is a wonderful surgeon, amazing bedside manner, and is very compassionate. His secretary Andreia is AMAZING! They make a dynamic duo and I am grateful to be in such great hands!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I had complete distal bicep tendons torn on my left arm. After getting my medical card 2 months later, I got to Elmaragy. Did a complete graph surgery where he took a graph from my right leg. I lift competitively and cosmetics were more important than recovering full strengh at the time. Followed the post op rehabilitation protocol he instructed. Today, 3months post surgery, I have no rom defficiency. There is major atrofeed as expected, but supernation and pronation is 100% functional. Seeing that a graph is a complwte new tendon attachment and growth, I now do very light weights on all body groups except back and biceps. I will wait another 2 months before starting light weight on those. I wanted the best man for the job. Got him. Did it. I'm 100% happy with him and recomment you to take him up.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I found Dr. Elmaraghy to be very caring, attentive, very efficient and very knowledgeable. He was a second opinion when the other doctor wanted to do surgery. He said to wait and try physiotherapy as a first resort . I have improved by over 80% after 3 weeks of physiotherapy and continue to do the exercises. I am very pleased with his sound advice. It is rare that you see a surgeon that gives you advice about not going for surgery. Thank you Dr. Elmaraghy

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr. Elmaraghy was very efficient, kind and attentive. I tore my distal biceps tendon doing chin ups in Brazil while on vacation. When I returned to Toronto I saw him on a Friday and his assistant was able to book me for surgery on the Monday!! They understood that my situation was urgent and acted accordingly. The surgery itself went very well and the recovery was a breeze. I felt very little pain and am slowly but surely regaining the strength back in my arm. Overall, Dr. Elmaraghy and his assistant were very efficient and friendly. He always took his time explaining things to me, and I rarely had to wait more than 15-20 minutes to see him. He is an excellent surgeon with plenty of experience and I am very happy with everything. I strongly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr ElMaraghy dealt with me very efficiently and kindly when I fractured my wrist. This injury was complicated by having begun to heal out of alignment due to my delay in seeking medical advice

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I suffered a pectoralis major muscle tear. In my case I tore the muscle from the tendon which is as I learned is something that almost no surgeons will fix (Dr. Elmaraghy is one of only a few that perfom this surgery). I was told be other orthopedic surgeons that it was like "trying to sew hamburger meat back together, can't be done". My left side was horribly effected. little or no strength and terrible spasms and cramping in the muscle when it did contract. I found Dr. Elmaraghy online through a discussion forum on these types of injuries. I contacted his office and was able to get a consultation the same week. I met with him and he told me that it could be repaired and he was willing to do it. I am 1 month post-op and doing extremely well. I have followed his post-op care instructions and performed my PT as outlined. I can't say enough about how knowledgeable, professional, and capable this doctor is. I waited a few hours the day of my consultation, however, I've been in the waiting area when he's consulting with other patients and the time, attention, and care he takes with each one is amazing. You'll understand and appreciate this when he gets to you. This is a doctor that goes above and beyond. To Dr. Elmaraghy and his team, thank you so much for giving me such a large part of my life back, I am so grateful for your work.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015