Ratings for Dr. Amr Waguih Elmaraghy

Can't say enough about my experience with this surgeon. Exceeded expectations on every front. An outstanding individual, and brilliant surgeon.... and an extremely nice person who appears to genuinely care about his patients and is gentle and kind.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

He is a brilliant surgeon had a bone spur that grew into my rotar cuff ( shoulder) he fixed my shoulder like new and still feels amazing 3 years ago had it done - great doctor

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. ElMaraghy performed an ulnar wrist shortening on me in 2007 (when no one would even acknowledge the nerve pinch that was occurring). At the time, it was almost a 12 month wait for an MRI, he suggested that I could go to the US (Buffalo) for an MRI - I did, paid $500 bucks and had it done in less than week. The MRI revealed a pinch which was relieved with surgery and has remained this way since! He also completed a left carpal tunnel release for me in 2015 and the right carpal release is set to be completed in a month. He is a wonderful surgeon, amazing bedside manner, and is very compassionate. His secretary Andreia is AMAZING! They make a dynamic duo and I am grateful to be in such great hands!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I had complete distal bicep tendons torn on my left arm. After getting my medical card 2 months later, I got to Elmaragy. Did a complete graph surgery where he took a graph from my right leg. I lift competitively and cosmetics were more important than recovering full strengh at the time. Followed the post op rehabilitation protocol he instructed. Today, 3months post surgery, I have no rom defficiency. There is major atrofeed as expected, but supernation and pronation is 100% functional. Seeing that a graph is a complwte new tendon attachment and growth, I now do very light weights on all body groups except back and biceps. I will wait another 2 months before starting light weight on those. I wanted the best man for the job. Got him. Did it. I'm 100% happy with him and recomment you to take him up.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I found Dr. Elmaraghy to be very caring, attentive, very efficient and very knowledgeable. He was a second opinion when the other doctor wanted to do surgery. He said to wait and try physiotherapy as a first resort . I have improved by over 80% after 3 weeks of physiotherapy and continue to do the exercises. I am very pleased with his sound advice. It is rare that you see a surgeon that gives you advice about not going for surgery. Thank you Dr. Elmaraghy

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr. Elmaraghy was very efficient, kind and attentive. I tore my distal biceps tendon doing chin ups in Brazil while on vacation. When I returned to Toronto I saw him on a Friday and his assistant was able to book me for surgery on the Monday!! They understood that my situation was urgent and acted accordingly. The surgery itself went very well and the recovery was a breeze. I felt very little pain and am slowly but surely regaining the strength back in my arm. Overall, Dr. Elmaraghy and his assistant were very efficient and friendly. He always took his time explaining things to me, and I rarely had to wait more than 15-20 minutes to see him. He is an excellent surgeon with plenty of experience and I am very happy with everything. I strongly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr ElMaraghy dealt with me very efficiently and kindly when I fractured my wrist. This injury was complicated by having begun to heal out of alignment due to my delay in seeking medical advice

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I suffered a pectoralis major muscle tear. In my case I tore the muscle from the tendon which is as I learned is something that almost no surgeons will fix (Dr. Elmaraghy is one of only a few that perfom this surgery). I was told be other orthopedic surgeons that it was like "trying to sew hamburger meat back together, can't be done". My left side was horribly effected. little or no strength and terrible spasms and cramping in the muscle when it did contract. I found Dr. Elmaraghy online through a discussion forum on these types of injuries. I contacted his office and was able to get a consultation the same week. I met with him and he told me that it could be repaired and he was willing to do it. I am 1 month post-op and doing extremely well. I have followed his post-op care instructions and performed my PT as outlined. I can't say enough about how knowledgeable, professional, and capable this doctor is. I waited a few hours the day of my consultation, however, I've been in the waiting area when he's consulting with other patients and the time, attention, and care he takes with each one is amazing. You'll understand and appreciate this when he gets to you. This is a doctor that goes above and beyond. To Dr. Elmaraghy and his team, thank you so much for giving me such a large part of my life back, I am so grateful for your work.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr Elmaraghy is an incredibly patient and caring physician. Even though his clinics are busy, he always spends the time to explain things in language you can understand. My shoulder surgery went so smoothly, I can't believe I waited so long and suffered so much pain before deciding to do it. He did the whole thing through tiny incisions you can hardly see, when two other surgeons wanted to open me up. If anyone doesn't appreciate his empathy and skill, I can only imagine they have some work related axe to grind and they're not being fair and honest. Dr Elmaraghy is the best!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

This is an update. Earlier this year, this doctor refused to accept the accuracy of MRI and ultrasound results showing a rotator cuff tear as the cause of my excruciating pain. I went to see another very established and respected orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion. I had surgery and not only did the new surgeon find and repair the supraspinatus tear Dr Elmaraghy denied existed, but he also found that my labrum was also torn. Both have been repaired by the new surgeon, but I thought I should post an update as proof of the arrogance and misdiagnosis I experienced from Dr Elmaraghy. He wasted my time, prolonged my suffering and could have caused the problem to get worse if I had not sougher a second opinion from a competent surgeon. Shame on doctor Elmaraghy! He sent me away in pain and discouraged, wrote a report that could have negatively affected my eligibility for sick leave and he was 100% WRONG! No one should do that to a person.

Submitted June 10, 2015