Ratings for Dr. Francisco J. Buxo

Watching him needlessly and unnecessarily section a client in labor. Start to finish, he treated it like a medical event that it wasn't. My client trusted him and he used that trust to get exactly what he wanted, which was most likely his Saturday morning tee time.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I located Dr. Buxo upon pregnancy. The entire pregnancy He and his staff were a wonderful bunch. Friendly, informative, and made me feel right at home. Dr. Buxo maintianed professionalism and provided me with an over-the-moon delivery! I highly recommend Dr. Buxo!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Excellent experience. My appointment was at 9:15 and I was out at 10:00. He has an excellent knowledge and is very kind with the patients. The staff was very nice. I recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Dr. Buxo and associates disappointed me in every way possible. As a new patient I had read good reviews and decided to take a chance. That was a chance I should have never taken. Not only did he try to sell me a prescription I repeatedly said I did not want, he overcharged me for unnecessary "specimen handling." If you have ever paid money to get your urine sample taken to a lab (that is in network) then you are getting ripped off. I went as far as consulting my HR department as well as my insurance provider and they both informed me that Dr. Buxo was not allowed to charge this fee. After countless letters of complaint to the doctor's office, and no help whatsoever I was forced to file a claim against them (which is still processing). DO NOT VISIT THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

charged incorrectly for a missed appointment in which i did not miss.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

I was surprised to see the previous comment was almost like my experience. The doctor seemed knowledgable but he was in a rush to do the examination without first answering any questions. The staff weren't very friendly or helpful. Tests were performed but the staff wouldn't give the results without trying to schedule another appointment. I felt more like a customer then a patient. I did feel like all they were concerned about was making money off of you. I would not give a recommendation.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

When I arrived at the office, I found the doors locked. I waited for about 5-10 minutes until the staff opened the door. I liked Dr. Buxo but was disappointed by his policy of charging an additional "malpractice fee" of $7 (if I remember correctly). This is charged to all patients, regardless of insurance co-pay. I liked that Dr. Buxo took time to meet with me in his office and gave me information about getting the HPV vaccine, although I did not ask. However, when I left, I felt as though the entire office was trying to get money from me- I left with several prescriptions that I didn't really need, I was charged lab fees that were unusual, & I was sent to an outside lab. This lab was terrible- long wait, dingy facility, and they didn't charge me at the desk, but instead waited months to send me a bill. When my results were returned, Dr. Buxo had me come back into his office & pay another visit fee so that he could give me the results.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2008

Dr. Francisco J. Buxo's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Caribe Sch Of Med, Bayamon Pr 00621 (Grad. 1984)