Ratings for Dr. Alia Santoyo-Johnson

I'm functional, due almost entirely to Dr. Alia Santoyo's expertise in understanding the oddities of my still-healing brain from a TBI. If you have post-concussive disorder, seen more practitioners than you can remember, have prescription bottles overflowing your medicine cabinet, and have resigned yourself to chronic misery - then stop and make an appointment. Your life can and will improve. Mine has and continues to do so.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2019

Dr. Alia Santoyo-Johnson, OD, is in the top tier of EXCELLENT health practitioners I’ve ever encountered! Her manner is not only professional, but also kind. Her knowledge is superb (possibly endless), and I consider her to be a most BRILLIANT person. She is very goal-oriented, so has helped me to resolve the very difficult eye issue I brought to her...in a holistic, non-invasive way! I would (and do) recommend her to friends and especially to people who have “impossible” eye issues…if there are answers, Dr. Alia is the one who will do her utmost to find them!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2019

I met Dr. Alia thru my eye doctor and instantly found her to be extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. She has been an incredible source of science and education on how glaucoma is addressed and we have seen improvements with syntonics light therapy and CBD oil. I am forever grateful for her willingness to help us with my mom’ s glaucoma. I recommend her highly to anyone who will listen!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2019

Dr. Santoyo is fantastic. My son saw her for his migraines and dizziness were chronic. The Syntonic therapy has been the only thing that has helped him after seeing 16 doctors. He has only had 2 migraines in the last 6 months which is life changing for a freshman in college. She and her staff are so helpful!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

Dr Alia Santoyo-Johnson is nothing short of A-MAZING!!! I have been under her care since Nov 2017 because of a concussion. She has introduced me to a therapy for the brain called syntonics. Through her expertise and this Healing modality she has been able to support me in some very deep healing. I am so GRATEFUL our paths have crossed!!! Leslee Serdar Aurora, IL

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Wow, where to begin! Dr. Santoyo is an incredible doctor with knowledge, expertise, and genuine concern for her patient’s ocular health. Have you heard of Light Therapy, We love Eyes, Retaine, Beauty Counter, or Visual Therapy? I hadn't either, but so grateful to Dr. Alia for introducing me to these products. From makeup remover to using light therapy, I truly appreciate how thorough she is with her exams and her genuine concern for my ocular health and overall wellbeing. She truly is a doctor that cares and it shows.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

I struggled with intense headaches for years. My friends highly recommended I come see Dr Santoyo, and I’m really happy I did. She gives the most thorough exam I have ever had. She took her time to explain what she was doing and why. She used special lenses in my glasses and tested me using special filters. Not once did I feel rushed. I haven’t seen this great nor have I felt this wonderful in glasses in a long time. I’m very happy to have seen Dr. Santoyo.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr Santoyo took excellent care of me after my car accident. I suffered severe headaches and TBI. She really took the time to listen and used light therapy to heal me. Highly recommend. She’s very knowledgeable in her field. Love her! My kids do too!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Great specialist who really cares for her patients.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Absolutely love her. She took care of my girls and they loved her. Very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

Dr. Alia Santoyo-Johnson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • Spanish

• Illinois College Of Optometry At Chicago (Grad. 2006)
  • Marquette University (Grad. 2000)

• Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
  • Dry eyes
  • Subconjunctival hemorrhage (broken blood vessel in eye)
  • Lazy eye (amblyopia)