Ratings for Dr. Keith A. Yount

I had unexplained jaw pain and spent a lot of time with my dentist and an endodontist. I also had gum recession. Not once did anyone mention bruxism or anything like that. My endodontist recommended Dr. Yount. He does talk a lot (but is a nice guy), and I never was able to get insurance to pay. But the bottom line is this: I went to his office with constant pain I couldn't explain, as well as a lifetime of gum recession that wasn't stopping. I left with an NTI device. The next morning the pain was about 70% gone. Two days after that it was gone. No additional recession since. I don't go to doctors (or lawyers, or accountants, or other professionals) to have a lovely conversation or a spa experience. I go because I have a problem that needs to be addressed. My pain was gone. That's worth 5 stars.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

I've seen the reviews. I've heard the complaints. Here's the bottom line: this doctor is brilliant. He doesn't "mean well." His work is good. See him before he retires.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Dr. Yount does his very best to get people out of pain. He is very thorough in his exam-the process is not for the faint of heart! He's a bit old fashioned, and talks a lot, but he means well. It takes about three months of effort and motivational talks, but you will never meet a doctor who gives you the kind of time energy and research he puts into diagnosing and treating your problems. Once you follow through with treatment, you find relief from chronic TMJ.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Do not go to this man. He is Most unprofessional. He wants about $550 up front and renders no service. He asks you to spend hours and hours of your time providing him with records, scans, etc..all of which he does not even bother to read. He hears nothing you tell him. He is sexist. It is a total waste of your time spent. I think he takes advantage of people in pain. So sad.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

I believe this doctor has a good understanding of TMD issues, but he has long lost his ability to treat the individual. He has a modality of treatment, based on his personal research, that he believes suits everyone. And he has attitudes and beliefs about women that are rather dated. I found it interesting that he could not hear what I had to say, but he could hear the same message from my husband's mouth. After requiring you to accept the treatment program without resign, he has no interest in hearing any feedback as to how it is working. Appointments are usually longer, and more expensive than necessary, because of his seemingly mental disorganization. No insurance is accepted or filed.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

Very upfront and rigid in not being in insurance network and when you can contact them; and working with patients re high cost involved in their procedures. During expense conversation, Dr Yount ridiculed another patient re her funds for vacation but challenges in paying her account. What he didn't realize was that the patient scenario he discussed was my daughter's - who had gone on a charitable mission trip sponsored by donations - and he was throwing it (unbeknownst to him) back at her directly. Horrible attitude and lack of concern and privacy here. Unfortunately he is one of very few board certified. Not sure if we're continuing with his office or if I'll address him directly on his lack of professionalism.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Going to Dr. Yount was a TERRIBLE experience. During my appointments, he would talk nonstop, even about irrelevant topics, & I could barely get a word in. He would always ask me "What do you think you should do to get better?" HE IS THE DOCTOR! HE SHOULD TELL ME! If the appointment lasted longer than planned, we were charged extra because HE talked over. He gave me a huge binder full of things to read, which I did, and after doing the things he suggested, I still had no significant improvement other than PT. Biofeedback he perscribed was useless as well. He made me a $1500 night guard & after a month of using it, it broke. He does NOT file for insurance, you have to do it yourself & because "my records dont match Dr. Younts" after filing, I still owe about $5000 (1 year later) for MRI & night guard & have filed TWICE. RIDICULOUS! He should take care of this at his office to better suit the patients. The lady at the front desk is rude as well. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Dr. Yount did a lot of talking...20 minutes, listening to me....10 minutes. Fee each visit $350. First visit was much higher. Insurance paid nothing!!!! He also had me going to a physical therapiy and biofeedback at same time which did not help me either.

Submitted January 30, 2013

I agree with other reviewers. Dr. Yount has a hard time getting to the point of what the appointment is really about, and he doesn't do well with a give and take discussion about the problem and the possible solutions. His solutions appear to be somewhat one-size-fits-all. For all the time he spends on appointments and for all the cash you have to pay, you would expect he would listen more to the patient. Instead he talks for almost the entire time, bouncing around a lot between various points in a way that approaches incoherence. I have received more clarity and attention from M.D.'s who are hemmed in by insurance requirements and time restrictions, which Dr. Yount is not. My primary reason for choosing to try this practitioner even after reading all the negative reviews was because 1) my dentist recommended him; and, 2) I assumed the longer appointment times meant more discussion and listening. I would recommend looking elsewhere for solutions, beginning with TMJA.org.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

I wish I had read the other reviews before now. Every one of them makes sense based on what I experienced myself. Including the one positive review I see. I do believe Dr. Yount means well, and I think he would be great for a person who's suffered lifelong pain with no other hope for relief. I was in agony when I booked him. Then I went to the first appointment and "got the book thrown at me". I felt a lot like a vacationer stuck in a "time share hot room". It was all in, or all out. Since my pain is currently subsided and my work schedule busy, I told his receptionist I wanted to push the third meeting back by two weeks or more to finish a project on time. She gave me a lecture and then I found out that another health care professional that I am still seeing got a dose of it too. In hindsight I now feel the victim of an over reacting, self confidence lacking, angry doctor, who seems desperate to "sell" his treatment more than administer it.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012