Ratings for Dr. Keith A. Yount

glad I read all the reviews, I will not be calling this so-called tmj expert.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I believe this doctor has a good understanding of TMD issues, but he has long lost his ability to treat the individual. He has a modality of treatment, based on his personal research, that he believes suits everyone. And he has attitudes and beliefs about women that are rather dated. I found it interesting that he could not hear what I had to say, but he could hear the same message from my husband's mouth. After requiring you to accept the treatment program without resign, he has no interest in hearing any feedback as to how it is working. Appointments are usually longer, and more expensive than necessary, because of his seemingly mental disorganization. No insurance is accepted or filed.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Very upfront and rigid in not being in insurance network and when you can contact them; and working with patients re high cost involved in their procedures. During expense conversation, Dr Yount ridiculed another patient re her funds for vacation but challenges in paying her account. What he didn't realize was that the patient scenario he discussed was my daughter's - who had gone on a charitable mission trip sponsored by donations - and he was throwing it (unbeknownst to him) back at her directly. Horrible attitude and lack of concern and privacy here. Unfortunately he is one of very few board certified. Not sure if we're continuing with his office or if I'll address him directly on his lack of professionalism.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Going to Dr. Yount was a TERRIBLE experience. During my appointments, he would talk nonstop, even about irrelevant topics, & I could barely get a word in. He would always ask me "What do you think you should do to get better?" HE IS THE DOCTOR! HE SHOULD TELL ME! If the appointment lasted longer than planned, we were charged extra because HE talked over. He gave me a huge binder full of things to read, which I did, and after doing the things he suggested, I still had no significant improvement other than PT. Biofeedback he perscribed was useless as well. He made me a $1500 night guard & after a month of using it, it broke. He does NOT file for insurance, you have to do it yourself & because "my records dont match Dr. Younts" after filing, I still owe about $5000 (1 year later) for MRI & night guard & have filed TWICE. RIDICULOUS! He should take care of this at his office to better suit the patients. The lady at the front desk is rude as well. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Dr. Yount did a lot of talking...20 minutes, listening to me....10 minutes. Fee each visit $350. First visit was much higher. Insurance paid nothing!!!! He also had me going to a physical therapiy and biofeedback at same time which did not help me either.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

I agree with other reviewers. Dr. Yount has a hard time getting to the point of what the appointment is really about, and he doesn't do well with a give and take discussion about the problem and the possible solutions. His solutions appear to be somewhat one-size-fits-all. For all the time he spends on appointments and for all the cash you have to pay, you would expect he would listen more to the patient. Instead he talks for almost the entire time, bouncing around a lot between various points in a way that approaches incoherence. I have received more clarity and attention from M.D.'s who are hemmed in by insurance requirements and time restrictions, which Dr. Yount is not. My primary reason for choosing to try this practitioner even after reading all the negative reviews was because 1) my dentist recommended him; and, 2) I assumed the longer appointment times meant more discussion and listening. I would recommend looking elsewhere for solutions, beginning with TMJA.org.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

I wish I had read the other reviews before now. Every one of them makes sense based on what I experienced myself. Including the one positive review I see. I do believe Dr. Yount means well, and I think he would be great for a person who's suffered lifelong pain with no other hope for relief. I was in agony when I booked him. Then I went to the first appointment and "got the book thrown at me". I felt a lot like a vacationer stuck in a "time share hot room". It was all in, or all out. Since my pain is currently subsided and my work schedule busy, I told his receptionist I wanted to push the third meeting back by two weeks or more to finish a project on time. She gave me a lecture and then I found out that another health care professional that I am still seeing got a dose of it too. In hindsight I now feel the victim of an over reacting, self confidence lacking, angry doctor, who seems desperate to "sell" his treatment more than administer it.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

Dr Yount's program WORKS! IF you actually comply with it. Program basically consists of -physical therapy, meds, orthotic adjustments and biofeedback. This program has been a LIFESAVER for me! The negative feedback has to be from people who did not actually complete the program because I can vouch for it. Also, in regard to insurance, he is not contracted with any insurance but takes care credit. He provides info as to how you can be reimbursed by your insurance co. I had BCBS and I submitted an appeal-had to take it to the second level but I was reimbursed about $2700 of the $3000. I have severe bruxism and was in a lot of pain after having wisdom teeth removed. Honestly, I was discouraged at first because it seemed like it wasn't working-took abt 2 months to see results but I gradually began to get better- still use my orthotic every night-still grind a little off and on but rarely have issues with pain.TOTALLY WORTH the time and money!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr Yount is expensive, 350 for the first hour, 150 for the second, staff is nosey and pushy on the time, the facility poorly equipped, and his knowledge by his own words I don't know what is causing your pain, neuropathy is poorly understood and they have only been studying it since the Civil War. His answers are antidepressants, his lectures are lengthy, offensive and make utterly no sense. Then on top of that, treatment doesn't even begin until you shell out for the second visit, and so on. I know that many will go to him based on their dentist recommendation, and this is because he lectures at the ADA meetings not because he does a good job.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012