Ratings for Dr. Nancy F. Ference

I saw Dr Ference through out my first pregnancy and I liked her over all. She delivered my first and that was where I was unimpressed. When my daughter was born she cut the cord and handed her off to be cleaned and weighed without ever letting me see her. My daughter was in excelent condition, but I was not told this until much later. I didn't hear her cry so I asked if everything was OK but no response from the doctor. I asked if I could see her and Dr Ference responded with when I am done with you here, I don't like the distraction of mothers and babies until I am done. There were no health complications with myself or daughter she just didn't want pictures.... After my second daughter was born and the doctor handed her to me right away and asked my husband if he wanted to cut the cord I felted cheated out of that experience with my first daughter. One I will never get back, as well as being scared not hearing her cry and given no reassurance she was ok. Would not go to her again for that reason.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr Ference delivered my daughter 4 years ago. There were some complications and we had to do a c-section. When our daughter came out, she took one breath and stopped breathing. They had to revive her and they finally were able to bring her back (and immediately took her out of the room). The amazing thing during this is that Dr. Ference was able to concentrate on me during this time and sew me back up. It wasn't until she was completely done that she looked at me and said "now I will go see how your daughter is and bring you back the information". She did just this. My husband and I were just amazed that she was able to concentrate fully on me when everybody else was looking towards the efforts being done on our daughter. She was amazing. She has since moved office locations and I fully plan on continue seeing her.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I was very unhappy with the bedside manner of Dr. Nancy F. Ference. I am 6 months pregnanct, have been experiencing terrible back pain, so bad that it is hard to walk some days. Her response to this was telling me to "suck it up and push through it," and that she herself had "completed her residency, 100+ hours per week on her feet while pregnant, but got through it." She left the room shortly after with no suggestions to ease the pain.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

I saw dr. Ference after my first ultrasound for my first pregnancy at 7 weeks it started out her voicing her slight concerns for some thing she noticed and presented the need for a follow up ultrasound however when I wasn't panicking at the news it seemed she wasn't satisfied and went on to ramble about miscarriage and treat as if I had already lost the baby. When I started to cry her first words were "I was wondering when the tears were going to come..." Absolutely terrible bedside manner and inappropriate conduct proceeded following that statement. She wasn't even able to fully explain to us why she was so concerned but that she just didn't think the pregnancy was viable. Needless to say she was wrong and even if she was right her manner or handling the news and situation was terrible. I love this office and practice but will never see her again.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

She was great, She delivered my Daughter and was very knowledgeable and very sweet. I had never seen her previous to her delivery but I thought everything went great.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

I have seen Dr. Ference a few times throughout my pregnancy. She is pretty quiet, but she takes the time to listen to your questions and concerns. She is very punctual and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

I thought Dr. Ference was very good, she's kind of shy but very smart. She actually lets you speak and she listens so that she can give you the best possible answer. I like her and would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

I would say Dr.Ference is O.K.She delivered my baby & I saw her maybe 2x while I was pregnant and 1x after.Her bedside manner was not the best, not the happiest of people.She half heartedly answered my ?'s always seemed in a rush to leave.Just kind of blah!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Dr. Ference is the best! She is very nice and personable and always took the time to answer all of my questions thoroughly. I went through an entire pregnancy with her and would highly recommend her to anyone needing an OB/GYN. The staff is great and appointments are almost always on time.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

Dr. Nancy F. Ference's Credentials

• Spanish

• Arizona College Of Osteopathic Medicine Mid Western University (Grad. 2002)