Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Dennis A. Dodds

The staff and Dr. Dodds were wonderful with my entire family. Very knowledgeable. I had a lot of anxiety going into the appointments but it all melted away. Everyone at Downtown Dental is very knowledgeable, professional and kind. I'm so glad I came in and look forward to the next appointments.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr. Dennis A. Dodds's response
That's terrific feedback - thank-you! Our goal is to educate our patients so that they are confident and at ease with their treatment.

Submitted April 5, 2018

Andrea at the front desk, is a hottie! She is always really pleasant.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Dr. Dennis A. Dodds's response
You made her day!! Just like Cheers - you want to be where everyone knows your name (and your teeth!)

Submitted April 5, 2018

Like many, I have terrible anxiety about the dentist and neglected going for years. I ended up needing 2 root canals. The staff and Dr.Dodds took all my concerns seriously. At the first sign of discomfort, they would give me more anaesthetic (I'm hard to freeze) if needed, or adjust what they were doing. Can't say enough good things about this clinic. Also, the receptionists make you feel at home, addressing you by name and remembering little details.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr. Dennis A. Dodds's response
We're so glad you felt heard and respected with regards to your anxiety and treatment. We am to make everyone feel welcomed, appreciated, and card for!

Submitted October 11, 2017

I also have had horrible dental experiences in the past causing severe anxiety towards any dentist. My anxiety has not disappeared after seeing Dr. Dodds. I was in pain throughout my dental work, and didn't feel that my limitations to comfortably endure the process were respected, or that he was compassionate to the difficulty I experienced. I will not be returning. Aside from that, everyone I dealt with at the office was fantastic.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Dennis A. Dodds's response
I apologize for the discomfort you must have experienced. While dental care is rarely pain-free, we aim to make it as comfortable as possible, and are sorry this was not your experience with us.

Submitted October 11, 2017

I have had horrible dental experiences in the past causing severe anxiety towards any dentist. This anxiety has disappeared after only two visits to dr. Dodds. The team at the office are very polite and professional and made me feel very welcomed. Dr. Dodds explained everything to me before and during my procedures. The root canal was virtually painless as it should be!! Thank you to everyone at the downtown dental centre!!

Submitted August 5, 2016

As always, the appointment started on time, if not earlier than arranged. The staff is very friendly and kind and do everything to put me at ease from start to finish. Each process is talked about throughout the appointment, letting me know what is coming next. Over the years, I've found it extremely stressful to have dental work - that isn't true anymore. I can't say I now look forward to my appointments but they are much easier to go to and the quality of work has been excellent. Thank you, Dr. Dodds and staff for everything. It's so appreciated by a very grateful patient.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Not my usual doctor and would never see him again. He said hello and told me to tell him if I experienced any pain. Then started digging deep into my teeth. Hauled off on my molars several times. No pain from me but was very concerned he was damaging my enamel with how aggressive he was. When he got his hands out of my mouth he informed me I needed a filling and that I could book one at the front. I said really?!?!? But I have no pain. He told me if I had pain I would need a root canal...really?!? I asked what was involved he looked at me like I wasn't very bright. So I said well I've never had a cavity....he then rushed through the highlights. Not impressed. I've been going to this office for two years and I will never be back. Came on here asI thought he must have bad reviews because I left his office feeling like he was creating issues where there weren't any. So unimpressed will never go to this office again. Apologies to my regular dentist.

Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Dennis A. Dodds's response
We're sorry to hear of your poor experience. Our goal has always been to educate our patients about the treatment that is required for their health, and to answer questions as clearly and fully as possible. We appreciate your feedback.

Submitted October 11, 2017

Additional fees not covered by insurance. Not good follow up care. Insurance did not pay for panscan of teeth, both my insurance and my husband's insurance.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Dennis A. Dodds's response
We're sorry your insurance did not cover a panoramic x-ray. It is generally taken every 3-5 years and shows your entire mouth in one picture, including your sinuses, and upper and lower jaw, and provides a baseline for the overall health of your mouth. Insurance is meant to help cover the costs of health care but does not necessarily cover all costs related to best health practices.

Submitted October 22, 2015

Submitted March 5, 2015

Dr. Dennis A. Dodds's response
We're very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with us. Obviously we work hard to ensure this is never the case and we would appreciate the chance to correct the work you feel was not done properly. We are always open to discussing patient outcomes so that the highest rate of patient satisfaction is attained. Every treatment outcome is case specific and while the goal is always 'perfection', no medical procedure can have a guaranteed outcome. We encourage you to call and discuss the issues as this will be of greatest benefit to your oral health.

Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Dennis A. Dodds's response
For other patient reviews, please see Reviews on our Facebook page. The feedback has been tremendous and will attest to our honest efforts to make everyone feel comfortable, welcomed, and satisfied with Downtown Dental Centre.

Submitted March 26, 2015

He was very helpful. He didn't just point out all of my bad habits. He showed me my x-rays and told me exactly what he was going to do. Which does set your mind at ease,until the sound of the tools start ;-)

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Dennis A. Dodds's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Dodds received his BFA in Performance and his B.Sc in Biochemistry at the University of Regina, before attending the University of Saskatchewan to achieve his degree in Dentistry in 2003. He has a keen interest in surgical and implant cases, and attends many continuing education courses throughout North America.

• English

• University of Saskatchewan (Grad. 2003)
  • University of Regina (Grad. 1997)

GHI