Ratings for Dr. Leighton E. Ellis

Physicians in the practice have a solid knowledge of pediatrics and medicine. The office staff is difficult, rude and unhelpful. This has been an ongoing experience over the past eight years with three children. A recent change in physician practice has found a completly different expereince.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Dr Ellis is very helpful and knowledgeable. She has been care for my two daughters since they were born. They are 6 & 4 years old now. She takes time to explain and answer my questions and concerns that I had. Her staff are nice and friendly.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Dr. Ellis' office is not very patient friendly. Most of the time, you have a very long wait in her office (never less than 0.5 Hours), but if you are late (by even 15 minutes, doesn't matter even if its the beginning of the day), they are likely to make you re-schedule the appointment. Additionally, it is usually not easy to get an appointment and they usually try to get you to see a Nurse Practitioner. This I feel is just plain wrong. If we are paying to see an MD, then we should see an MD. Finally, even if you have had a long relationship with the office, and you are late on paying for just one bill which in dispute with insurance company, you are likely to get a very nasty letter. This office seems to be more about the numbers and less about patient care.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

Dr Ellis has been caring for my two boys for 13yrs and has always provided the best personal attention for us. She has a great friendship with them both, they are never fear seeing the Dr like I did as a child.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Was not to happy. I just couldnt find the connection with this doctor and her staff,Iwill change my doc.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

I always felt her examinations of my child were rushed and not at all thorough. She exhibited quite a bit of defensiveness when I wanted to discuss my reservations with some of the treatments she recommended. Some "medical facts" she told me turned out to be just flat wrong after checking on them later. Glad I found someone much better!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

This doctor was completely unsympathetic to my son's acid reflux problem. Despite having a lactation consultant on-site (who is wonderful), she continued to suggest that I discontinue breast feeding, which I now know would have only made the problem worse. Her physician's assistant is wonderful, but the nursing staff is equally inept and uncaring. I would not recomend this group to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2007

This doctor seemed to only want my insurance money. She ordered several unneccesary tests for my son, and gave me bad advice. She has a horrible bedside manner, and seemed cold and unsympathetic.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2006

Dr Ellis has been very helpful and offers excellent tips for newborns and toddlers. She is always willing to give extra time and care.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2005

Is not terribly warm or helpful

flag | Submitted September 4, 2005

Dr. Leighton E. Ellis's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1988)