Ratings for Dr. Laurence C. Schadt

I have been a patient of Dr. Schadt's for over 10 years. Sadly, I am moving out of state and won't be able to keep his as my primary. He is a wonderful, attentive and extremely intelligent Physician. He is great at referring out to Specialists when needed and keeps up to date on seemingly, everything. I will miss having him as my Doc and if you are looking for a new one, look no further :)

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Dr. Schadt is the best doctor I have met in my 50 years. I have been a patient for over 10 years, having been referred to him. This man is thoughtful, informed and patient...if you ask him why he thinks you should use one medication over another...he will fully explain why. If he rules out a cause for your symptoms, he explains it! Yes, he can get behind and THAT IS WHY...but well worth the wait. As for the lab...the few times I was asked for blood work I was in and out within 15 minutes so not sure about the other complaint below.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Dr Schadt has been my physician for almost 20 years. He is an excellent doc who really cares. He takes time with his patients which is why he is always behind...sometimes even 2 hrs....people are happy to wait because he is a great doc...so bring a book when you go to see him. Olympia Family Medicine moved last week to Capital Medical Center, and I can tell from one visit today this it is a problem. Now you are forced to use the hospitals X-ray and lab. What used to take a few minutes now can take an hour or more for bloodwork etc. I came on this site because I may change doctors if they don't get this issue worked out. I traveled 30 min to see him, this move makes it 45-60 min. Waiting on Capital medical Center for diagnostics really burns me...I had to wait 30 minutes today just to get "pre-registered" and there was no one else waiting. I may have to find another doc and I hate to-Cap med center is awful for wait times. Thx to a Dr (not Schadt) that didn't read the contract.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I was a patient of Dr Schadt's for many years. And he was fine. I had some blood work done and the lab tech asked for me to call the office the next week for the results. I called and asked for the results. The office help told me i would receive a card in the mail with the results. I agreed. No card ever arrived. Three weeks later I received a letter from Dr Schadt's office informing me that they would no longer be my physician and that I needed to find another doctor. I never had correspondence with the doctor himself and the letter i received was signed but the signature did not match any of Dr Schadt's signatures on my scripts. This doctor just decided that my case was not something he wanted to deal with after he put me on all kinds of anti-depressants that were not needed. Then threw me out. Terrible Service.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

I have been a patient of his for 9 years.i LOVE THIS DOCTOR.He listens and takes time to explain things.He is a good doctor. I do not like the other doctors in the practice,I feel they do not have the same patience with their patients.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

Excellent Doctor, one of the few I have ever encountered that encourages patients to talk about what's going on physically or mentally. He does not hesitate to refer a specialist, which told me his interest in treating the whole person. Because of his popularity and attention to each patient as unique, appointments are usually delayed. I heard of him from my next door neighbor...word of mouth, can't beat that!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2008

Dr. Laurence C. Schadt's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Assurant