Ratings for Dr. Rahim Shafa

very bad doctor ,not recommended to anyone . i was waiting for more than 3 hours to meet him , he is an awful person not helping at all. he not care for even patients rights ( i told him i don't feel conformable with students that he train them in his office but he didn't listen to me and ignore my request . also he wants you more than one time without reason just to charge your insurance company . all the time being waiting more than 3 hours i am not kidding more than 3 hours . i believe he will be in jail soon because of his attitude . DO NOT GO THERE!, he is not good at all. if you have problems he will increase it , i am not kidding he will destroyed your life . He should not be allowed to practice Psychiatry.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

After huron test , I noticed alot of highly medicated people in wait rm. There seems to be something strange here ? Would not reccomend him to anyone !

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

VIOLATED! I wanted to grab your attention, Dr, Shaffa may have all these certificates on his wall but in reality he is an awful person. He is a DRUG DEALER!!! He will ask you the most personal questions ever and make you feel so uncomfortable! He will remind you of your past and make you feel like a horrible person inside and out! He writes down every little thing you say so he can throw it back into your face when you are at your lowest. His staff is absolutly RIDICULOUS!!! THE DEA got involved with his practice because one of the nurses was supposably dealing out drugs that he has in stock. DO NOT GO THERE! I dont want anyone to feel the way I did, and if you have a bf or gf that goes there with you he will tell you to break up because you two are not good together, he literally has broken up my sisters marriage. I cannot tell you enough how bad this man is. Please, read this and listen. thank you.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

if there was ever a quack doctor ghafa is a quack. not only do you sit in the waiting room for some times 10 hours waiting for him he is getting kickbacks from drug companies and prescribes the wrong medication for the wrong treatment. I found a new psychiatrist and thank the lord I don't ever have to go see shafa again. wow maybe I will be treated for the real problem.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

This doctor is a crook, I have never had such a bad experience.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

A quack plain & simple. Unethical & unprofessional. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr Shafa is a joke doctor. In the two visits I waited 4 hour each visit. I told the receptionist I needed to use the restroom i was gone for one minuet and he took somone else in making me wait another hour. He is extremly rude and judgmental. Just because I have tattoos he said that means I was molested??? Also I'm apparently an alcoholic because I have a drink once a month?? Please sace yourself the hassle and DO NOT SEE THIS QUACK! I've gone through so much and he made me feel like I was less than dirt. He should have his license taken away.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. Shafa has been a life-saver for my daughter, who has been a 2g+/day heroin addict for 4 years and has unsuccessfully tried methadone, suboxone, NA+AA. She has almost died several times. What has worked for her has been the Vivitrol shot along with the group meetings, meds for her personality disorder, and other support. Dr. Shafa spends however much time each patient needs, and sees them on a first-come, first-served basis from when they check in to the group meetings three times a week. (He usually personally runs them). Where else will you be able to see a psychiatrist 3 times a week? Bring knitting or a book, as the wait times can be very long after the meetings (like 1-4 hours, depending on your position in line). I have read Dr. Shafa's research (search for Rahim Shafa in Google Scholar) - he knows what he is doing. He is the first to figure out meds that actually help her, and adjusts them as needed. I owe my daughter's life to him - what more is there to say?

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, and prescribed Abilify. He had dozens of advertisements in his private practice for this medication, so I think he was doing it for profit. I was later told I wasn't bipolar by over 5 psychiatrists. His staff embarassed me in the waiting room, and he was extremely rude to me. If you don't believe this feel free to contact me @ Aaron12560@hotmail.com. This guy is an absolute joke of an excuse for a doctor. I have never met a doctor that I have had such a bad experience with. He should not be allowed to practice Psychiatry. Of over a dozen Psychiatrists I've met over the years, (and I've met some that have said, what do you need? then wrote prescriptions and sent me out the door), this man was the worst of them all. I would caution anybody even contemplating seeing him. There are others around, who will accept the same insurance he did. He is a disgrace to the medical field.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

I have NEVER dealt with a Dr's office like this one. I saw Dr. Shafa for several months. I do like him as a person. However, in my opinion, this is the most disorganized office environment I have ever been in. The major problem being the wait. My wait on average was 3 hours. THREE HOURS! At first I thought it was a fluke, until I was there almost 4 hours my next appointment. This is incredibly rude to patients, like saying your time is not valuable to us. The secretary, Tracy, was very hard to deal with & I'm a very easy going person. They lost the copies of my insurance cards & I was accused of never providing them. I was also horrified that a medical facility could be so dirty. Stains all over carpets, ripped chairs, even dirt on walls. I finally said enough is enough & found a new provider. As a patient you are "hiring" your doctor & I felt like a second class citizen at this office.It's a shame because as I said I DID like Dr. Shafa! It's his office that's the problem in my opinion

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Dr. Rahim Shafa's Credentials

• Shahid Beheshti Univ, Fac Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal