Ratings for Dr. Tara M. McElroy

Dr McElroy is an amazing Dr, I have been a patient with her for 6 years. During my pregnancy she was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, took the time to explain me every little doubt I had. After my delivery I developed hives and Dr McElroy had her nurse walk me to the dermatologist's office so they could get me seen quickly. I have no words to say how nice she is.. I relocated to Georgia and I am planning to travel to Cleveland for my anual exam.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

If you are planning on seeing or already seeing Dr.Tara McElroy you should switch your OBGYN immediately! This is my fist pregnancy and her and her office have NOT been helpful what so ever.. I went to her office to confirm that I was pregnant they did a urine test it came back positive and all she said when she broke the news to me "congratulations your pregnant" and then she tried to rush me out... I said "well, what am I supposed to do??" She responded with "Don't drink or smoke."(which I already don't do) But she didn't tell me anything I had to do all my research on my own. The office is also horrible every time I call w/ questions they cant seem to answer them. Today I was on the phone w/ a nurse from her office & she couldn't answer my quest. when I asked which prenatal they should prescribe for me so she told me, "you'll have to do research on your own." I told her,"I'm not a doctor this is why I'm calling YOU." Horrible.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

An extremely kind, patient and thorough doctor. She covers all the bases! If I had any question, no matter how silly, she listened and answered until I was comfortable with the answer. She has a wonderful bedside manner. Her staff is very pleasant. She has a busy practice, and like I said, she's thorough (and obviously hard-working), so there can be a bit of delay from the appointment time until I see her, but that's not a big deal at all. It's always a pleasure to see her.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

prescribed prenatal vitamins without telling me there is no DHA in them - had to find our from my pharmacist. I specifically stated I wanted the least chemicals in my body, well she forgot to tell me those also contain a stool softner. A big NO for me. Once I actually got pregnant, it took them 24 hours to request the blood test and 4 business days to call me back with results (I placed 3 calls for them to call me back); once they called back, the nurse just said doc wants me to schedule the first appt - i had to specifically ask if the test was positive... I asked what acne wash I can use and Dr. McElroy said they generally 'recommend" Proactiv - how can they "recommend" it if little studies have been done and nobody really knows the risks of benzyl peroxide?!?! I'm looking for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

Dr. McElroy is a wondeful doctor and was fantastic in the delivery of my child.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Dr. McElroy is a fantastic doctor. She's extremely thorough and has a wonderful bedside manner. She has a very caring demeanor. She helped us through a difficult time. We completely trust her judgment.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

She does not return phone calls! Have left her practice now and am going to UH.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Dr. McElroy was my doctor through 2 pregnancies and deliveries. She answered all my questions, was knowledgeable, and responded quickly and decisively to complications. She came in in the middle of the night both times to be with me during the deliveries even though she wasn't on call. She prevented a possibly devastating complication during the first delivery with her quick actions. She also took a lot of time to counsel me through postpartum depression. I would recommend her to anyone who understands that she HAS to see about 30 patients per clinic day (per her institution's guidelines) so if your visit is routine and you have no questions/issues she's not going to linger and chat. But whenever I did have an issue she gave me thorough (and succinct) guidance.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Dr. McElroy was awful! She put me on Clomid without doing any infertility testing. When I did get pregnant, I started bleeding and cramping. I called her office and she never called me back. Her nurse told me to go get a blood test and nobody ever called with the results. I went to another doctor who let me know that I was having a miscarriage. Dr. McElroy never bothered to call to check on me or return any of my calls. FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR!!! She has no compassion and does not actually care about her patients.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Dr. McElroy was very helpful in a very scary procedure that I had done for pre-cancerous cells in my cervix. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

Dr. Tara M. McElroy's Credentials

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Commercial Insurance Company