Ratings for Dr. D. Ware Branch

He was straightforward, rude, abrupt and completely unhelpful. He has the worst bedside manner! I was referred to him for a consultation after having 4 miscarriages. I am currently pregnant and wanting some ideas of things I could do to help this pregnancy along (tests, labs, meds, etc). Any small glimmer of hope I had before walking in there was completely gone after meeting with him. He told me nothing I didn't already know and for a "specialist" he had nothing to offer me, not even a small piece of hope. Worst experience I've had with a doctor during my infertility journey. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Dr. Branch is fantastic. After 2 losses due to APS, one at 25 weeks, Dr. Branch helped us deliver 2 beautiful babies. I lived out of Utah at the time, and he was even willing to work with my local doctors to make sure everything was covered. He lays out your situation for you, answers your questions to the best of his ability, and will tell you when he's unsure of an answer. I always enjoyed talking with him and I knew I was in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I don't think Dr Branch was the right doctor for me. I think he is really great however I needed a cerclage and as much as I tried to be certain he would perform the procedure a resident did it. My cerclage failed a few weeks later and my doctor was able to place two rescue stitches an entire centimeter above the residents. This is my last pregnacy of many lost babies and I really needed him to be aggressive. He's not. He's not an advocate of bedrest which in my situation I desperately needed. And he said I far good cervical length so it's hard for me to understand why an expert wouldn't have done a better job. I guess because University hospital seems to be a teaching and research hospital before it's is a patient focused hospital. I'm very disappointed and should have never gone to him.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Branch is by far one of the best MFM doctors I've seen. He knows his stuff backward and forward. I was diagnosed in his office with a blood-clotting disorder after having suffered 9 early miscarriages. When we got pregnant in June '09 with my son, he was quick to put me on the proper medication in the hopes that we could make it through. We did! My son was born in Feb '10. He is straight forward and pulls no punches when he tells you what needs to be done. He definitely is a different type of doctor. His bedside manner could be considered as abrupt, but it's just because he doesn't baby his patients and probably figures that you're old enough to handle the truth of your situation instead of it being sugar-coated.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Like others have posted Dr. Branch doesn't have the best bedside manners. I was never offended by him and he made me laugh a lot. He helped me through 2 pregnancies that other doctors would have told me to terminate because of my medical issues. I will miss seeing Dr. Branch as I won't be having anymore children. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Branch is a lot like Dr. House...if you ever watch that show you'll know what I mean. He is extremely intelligent, knows exactly what he is doing, and does his job well. Like others have said, his bedside manner can be lacking, but I haven't really been offended by it. He told me exactly what I needed to do, and my pregnancy went perfectly. He gave me a lot of attention and time. He may not be the right doctor for you if you are paranoid and DEMAND that your doctor treats you like a child...because he wont, he'll treat you like a full grown adult.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

DWB knows his stuff. Never doubt that. After 2 second trimester miscarriages he helped me get 2 beautiful baby girls. The second he had to deliver via emergency C-section & got her out just in the nick of time; as her shoulder/arm was stuck in the birth canal. his bedside manner isn't the best, don't expect hugs & kisses but if you need a high risk doc to take care of business- he's your man. He won't sugar coat anything & says it like it is. A real straight shooter. If he doesn't know what is "wrong" with you- he won't pretend to, he'll be up front and honest. Nurses are GREAT to work with too- they'll give you the hugs and kisses you need! ;) See Dr Branch if you need a high risk doc!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

My wife & I went to this doctor because we had problems making it out of the first trimester with 2 earlier pregnancies. We got pregnant again & throughout the pregnancy remained with Dr. Branch despite his disarming and often rude manner, which unlike others on this site was not strait forward or helpful. He refused to help my wife with her discomfort & concerns about our pregnancy. We delivered 7 weeks early a beautiful baby boy that was so traumatized by the birth process he spent 18 days in the NBICU. My wife was literally ****ed during labor and delivery, losing half of her blood supply and needing to go to the operating room for surgery. I understand that he is well respected in the field but a little understanding & a moment to stop & listen would have gone a long way in this situation. I compare this delivery to our 2nd son born almost 18 months later & leaving the hospital with us on time what a great experience. Dr. Branch needs to learn some humility.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

He is the best in the nation when it comes to recurrent pregnancy loss. His bedside manner takes a bit of getting used to as he is short and straight to the point. But, if you want a doctor who is a leader in his field and clearly the one of the foremost authorities on high rixk pregnancy, he is the man. We had experienced 4 pregnancy losses before we went to see Dr. branch and now I have a healthy baby girl that I carried to 38 weeks with no complications. Everyone in the office was very pleasant and the nurses were fantastic. I would recommend Dr. Branch and this office at LDS Hospital to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

There isn't a doctor in the world like Dr. Branch. He's an amazing doctor, and I credit my two successful pregnancies to his willingness to go out on a limb with my treatment. Personality-wise, I think you either love him or hate him. He's not going to soften the blows for you--you'll know exactly what's going on and how it affects you. Some people don't care for that, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Frankly, my only disappointment in calling it quits after 2 kids (5 pregnancies total) is that I won't get to see Dr. Branch again.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Dr. D. Ware Branch's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Private Health Care Systems