Ratings for Dr. David S. Hoffman

I guessed it. Tamara who was not only rude but extremely entitled, is his wife. He was the covering Doctor. I called this morning and I asked that Dr. Hoffman call my Doctor to get an okay that I refill my prescription. Tamar stated it would be inconsiderate to 'bother' my Doctor as he is entitled to his time off. She was more then happy to say they do not take my insurance, if I came in it would be between $100 and $200 not including costs for treatment. (somebody wants to go home!) She stated she would ask the Doc and call me back. I waited an hour and a half. and she did not return my call. I called back and sh put me on hold and did not get back to me. I hung up. She called back and was condescending and rude and assumed what my affliction was, and did not get it correct. She merely answers the phone, she is not a Doctor. I asked to speak to him and he was worse. If this is how they are while covering, I wonder how empty his office is during the week.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Great doctor and staff. They treat patients like family.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Dr. Hoffman and his staff are always extremely courteous and professional. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a reputable opthamologist.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

He is great. His prescriptions have always been right on the money. His front desk staff and nurses are equally nice and accommodating. I recommend him 100%.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr Hoffman's office staff, particularly Tamara, is extremely rude. So much so, we will not be returning. I also question their ethics with two things they did. First they "sell" you very hard on getting glasses and contacts from their on premise store and then the second thing they did with my insurance was unethical. When we questioned them about how they acted towards my daughter, Tamara was downright hostile. Subsequently, found out that she is the doctor's wife. I guess that gives her a special license to treat patients inappropriately. We wont be returning. There are many other doctors...why would I subject myself to abuse?

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

Despite the fact that my kids and I generally get nervous about going to the doctor's office, we get excited to visit Dr. Hoffman and staff. They provide a very comforting and informative environment, and we are always ensured a minimal wait (if any). I highly recommend this office as they are efficient, knowledgeable and above all caring. When my son had pink eye, they were able to see him immediately. They also cater to our hectic family schedules. We are in quality eyewear with the right prescriptions and are never hassled by these visits! I greatly recommend Dr. Hoffman and Staff.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011

front desk is rude. dr. hoffman has held me hostage for my contact lens prescription 2 times now! please see someone else!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Hoffman for about 4 years now. I wear glasses and have never had problems with my prescriptions. During exams he is always professional and informative. I had one problem with my eye and he referred me to a great eye specialist. The thing I love most about my visits is that there is never a wait, the entire staff is friendly, I'm never afraid to ask questions since he is more than willing to share his opinions, and it's the one doctors office I don't mind going to.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Dr. Hoffman is a wonderful doctor. He is caring, and very knowledgable. His wife is the office manager and is also friendly. They take you in an emergency, which is important with eye problems. He took a Spanish speaking only employee of mine years ago and spoke Spanish to him and diagnosed his problem. This man is a very caring eye dr. and has all the latest state of the art equipment. Great guy! Glad we found him years ago right in Summit.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2007

Dr. David S. Hoffman's Credentials

• Gujarati

• Medical College Of Pennsylvania (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Summit, NJ