Ratings for Dr. Seth L. Jaffe

Arrogant doctor acts like you bothered his world when on call for emergency.I would rather call my dog's vet than him.Waste of my time and pain, shame on him.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Not very professional. After getting called back to the exam room, I could hear him talking about what was on TV last night with the patient in the room next door for around 15 minutes. On three different occasions I was asked by other patients if I liked him. The first time I answered if he got the job done, his attitude didn't matter. After months of visits, the third time I answered not at all. Wait is terrible and he's pretty rude. Care is provided, but you won't enjoy the experience.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

All this doctor cares about is money. He was very argumentative with me from the time he came into the exam room. Wanted to tell me where my pain was and argued that the emergency room had not done any type of injection in my back. I ended up telling him point blank that I think I know if someone had given me a shot withe a 3" needle in my back. By the end of the exam he was telling me that he did not believe he would be paid. Upon doing some light research on Google I found out the truth about him. Anyone going to see Dr. Seth Jaffe should know that he recieved the largest fine in state history for performing unnecessary surgeries. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I was told the wrong time for my appointment and then wasn't taken back for another 30 minutes past my appointment time. After wanting to see a doctor before consenting to 4 (more) x-rays when I have a soft tissue problem, I waited a long time, again. I could hear the patient next door complaining about being treated poorly and talked down to, but I wrote it off until Dr. Jaffe got in to see me. What should have been a 20 minute appointment for a second opinion ended up being an offensive lecture that was unrelated to my issue. Additionally, he admitted a poor understanding of my painful neurological condition, yet he still berated my medication use/my doctor's choice to prescribe them. He's not the doctor who has treated me for 3+ years, who has made all of my decisions. Instead, he made many, many incorrect assumptions (which I didn't correct because I wanted a shot that would relieve pain) because it would have prolonged the horrifically long and painful process of listening to him talk. He must love to listen to him hear himself talk. I would never go back. The sad part is, he really is not up to date on his research, although he confident. He is probably making other people cry, hurting them, and giving them bad information on a regular basis. This is the kind of doctor to stay away from.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Dr. Jaffe is all about the surgery. Period. If your condition does not allow him to perform a surgical procedure then . . . Well Dr. Jaffe has been fined for performing unnecessary surgeries before. Read this link. (http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/06/28/10739088/). I guess he is a good surgeon but a terrible provider of care. Nevertheless, He misinterpreted my MRI readings and he walked out of the room on me as well. Thanks for nothing bone and joint.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I was scheduled to see Dr. Jaffe through Workers Comp. I was having severe elbow pain and losing strength. As I began telling him about the pain, I stopped. He said I needed a cortisone shot and he left. After seeing him a few more times, he finally said I needed surgery (Lateral Release), ok. The morning I went in for the surgery (Oct 30), I may have seen him for about 5 mins, never seeing him again. After a week, I went back to his office to have the staples removed. A week before my 6 week checkup (Mid Dec) I went in early because some was wrong, even the physical therapist said something wasn't right; my elbow was dislocating causing a lot of pain. I was told that because he couldn't get it to recreate itself or see it on the xray he didn't see the problem. After a couple more visits he the pain and popping had gotten worse and his comment to me was "well if therapy isn't helping why are you still going" my reply was because he had ordered me to go. So he decided it was time I needed to see Dr. Hayes. Going into that appt. he immediately said he believed the ligament had be severed during surgery but wanted to get an MRI just to confirm it. MRI came back and it was confirmed the ligament had been severed. Beginning of Feb he told me I would need surgery to reattach it. Well luckily workers comp wasn't happy with that so they sent me to a second opinion with was Ortho Carolina. March 12 I went to my visit and after him reviewing my MRI and xrays he said the ligament couldn't been reattached because it had been to long since the surgery and that it's now going to have to be reconstructed as well as I'll have to have a medial release. So, I would think twice before seeing Dr. Jaffe. And I agree with the other comments his bedside manner was horrible.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

When I went to see dr Jaffe after my car accident, he was very rude and unattentive. I was struggling with severe back and neck pain. He just asked me to turn my head from side to side, then told me I'm fine and there shouldn't be anything wrong with me, but I could do physical therapy if I wanted too. He also was upset that I saw a chiropractor before seeing him. He told me I had to choose him or the chiropractor.At the end of my "check-up", he asked me if I wanted any pills. Isn't that his job to prescribe them to me??? I went straight back to my chiropractor after that. I left feeling very offended. He made me feel like I was a burden to him, when it's his job to help people in pain.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

They change appointments alot, but are nice and efficient!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

I went there today for first time and have a scheduled surgery date. He made me feel very uncomfortable with his rude demeanor. I left and cried on the way home. I don't want him to do my surgery. I paid 100 cash today. I don't want to go back. I am in a lot of pain. I am gojng to cancel my surgery and find someone else.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Terrible bedside manner. After 2 cortisone shots he said I needed surgery. I seen him for a couple of minutes before hand and haven't seen him since. I was told to schedule an appt 1 week later to have staples removed.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Dr. Seth L. Jaffe's Credentials

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Texas